Sponsored Content
Special Forums UNIX and Linux Applications [Solved] How to connect DB2 from UNIX shell script? Post 302770387 by gani_85 on Friday 15th of February 2013 01:41:02 PM
Old 02-15-2013
Thank you very much......

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

connect to Db2 thru Unix

I need to connect to DB2 through Unix and check whether the database is up or not. We are planning to use Neon shadow direct to connect to the same. I would like to know how to pass parameters to neon shadow direct. Any guidance/help in this regard would be helpful. My unix box is AIX 1. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ranj@tcs
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect to database db2 through Unix Shell Script

I am trying to connect to database db2 through shell script. The process I am trying is > db2 It gives me error Access Denied. While checking for access I have the rights. Is there ant other way round..? Please help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankitgupta
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect DB2 table using shell script

Hi All, I want to connect two tables in DB2 using shell script and then compare the contents of two tables field by field. Could any one please help me in connecting database tables using Unix and retriving data from the same. Thanks, Durwas (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dtidke
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how will i connect postgres database from unix shell script

I have got the solution so just closing this issue. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jambesh
3 Replies

5. Linux

Help req for...shell script to catch "db2 connect" errors ...

Hello friends, Assume that, I am trying to execute a "db2 connect" command from Linux shell prompt via a shell script called "sample" sample db2 connect to bas39 $sample If the database is not present its should display a custom error message by catching the error message given by db2.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to DB2 table using Shell scripts

Can anyone please help me with an unix shell script to connect a DB2 database. My requirement is just to display the no of records present in a table of a DB2 database through Unix Shell script. Thx - Ram (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: onlyraja
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Korn Shell script on Solaris to DB2 UDB LUW database

I am rather new to korn shell scripting and attempting to write a Unix script that would detach, attach a range partition table in DB2 UDB LUW database. This would be a job scheduled in control M that reads in an input file with 5 parameters passed to it from the application. I don't have much... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tjhanso
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect status of db2 in Unix shell script

Hi I am trying to connect to db2 database from Unix shell script (k shell) I need to catch the status of connect whether it is succesful or not. ---------------------------------------------------------- # Read login credentials for db2 tput clear echo "Please enter your Userid:\c"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mKarri
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

connect to db2 using shell script

Guys, I am trying to write a shell script that connect to wcsprod database and read the query #!/bin/ksh sqlplus -s < connect to wcsprod user wcsadm using pwd > select * from catentry fetch first 1 row only with ur; databse: wcsprod user: wcsadm pwd: pwd thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skatpally
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to connect to DB2 using UNIX

I am new to Putty, Unix and DB2 and this is what I am working on right now. I installed Putty I got access to username / pwd I got Unix usrname/Pwd.also got the home directory once I login into putty I get the screen and it shows $ sign From here how do I connect to DB2 database? I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: JayDoshi
2 Replies
PPPOE-CONNECT(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  PPPOE-CONNECT(8)

NAME
pppoe-connect - Shell script to manage a PPPoE link SYNOPSIS
pppoe-connect [config_file] pppoe-connect interface user [config_file] DESCRIPTION
pppoe-connect is a shell script which manages a PPPoE connection using the Roaring Penguin user-space PPPoE client. If you omit con- fig_file, the default file /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ppp0 is used. If you supply interface and user, then they override the Ethernet interface and user-name settings in the configuration file. Note that normally, you should not invoke pppoe-connect directly. Instead, use pppoe-start to bring up the PPPoE connection. pppoe-connect first reads a configuration file. It then brings up a PPPoE connection. If the connection ever drops, a message is logged to syslog, and pppoe-connect re-establishes the connection. In addition, each time the connection is dropped or cannot be established, pppoe-connect executes the script /etc/ppp/pppoe-lost if it exists and is executable. The shell script pppoe-stop causes pppoe-connect to break out of its loop, bring the connection down, and exit. TECHNICAL DETAILS
pppoe-connect uses the following shell variables from the configuration file: ETH The Ethernet interface connected to the DSL modem (for example, eth0). USER The PPPoE user-id (for example, b1xxnxnx@sympatico.ca). PIDFILE A file in which to write the process-ID of the pppoe-connect process (for example, /var/run/pppoe.pid). Two additional files ($PID- FILE.pppd and $PIDFILE.pppoe) hold the process-ID's of the pppd and pppoe processes, respectively. By using different configuration files with different PIDFILE settings, you can manage multiple PPPoE connections. Just specify the con- figuration file as an argument to pppoe-start and pppoe-stop. AUTHOR
pppoe-connect was written by David F. Skoll <dfs@roaringpenguin.com>. The pppoe home page is http://www.roaringpenguin.com/pppoe/. SEE ALSO
pppoe(8), pppoe-start(8), pppoe-stop(8), pppd(8), pppoe.conf(5), pppoe-setup(8), pppoe-status(8), pppoe-sniff(8), pppoe-server(8), pppoe- relay(8) 4th Berkeley Distribution 21 February 2000 PPPOE-CONNECT(8)