Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Error : No such file or directory Post 302770382 by DGPickett on Friday 15th of February 2013 01:19:36 PM
Old 02-15-2013
You do not need find, the r option of rm is sufficient.
Code:
rm -rf /root/app/dir

The errors are find asking later rm's to remove stuff removed by earlier rm's.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

error: rw/regexp.h: No such file or directory

Hello every one, i am trying to compile c++ modules. while compiling a module i am getting the following error. cdbh_RecordStore.C:32:23: error: rw/regexp.h: No such file or directory make: *** Error 1 I googled for the solution , i found that this is a Rogue wave class. actually... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mannam srinivas
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SFTP error: no such file or directory

Hi All, I am using a shell script for SFTPing the files to target server. The problem which I am facing is that even if the files are not transferred, the script finishes successfully. I want the script to fail in case the remote directory does not exists. The script which I am using is as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shalini@@@
1 Replies

3. Linux

Error crt0.o no such file or directory

Hi, I am installing gcc cross compiler for x86_64. After installation when i am compiling simple program, i am getting error as "/usr/cross/lib/gcc-lib/x86_64-pc-elf/3.2.3/../../../../x86_64-pc-elf/bin/ld: cannot open crt0.o: No such file or directory" Please tell me how to resolve this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mandar123
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error: GL/glut.h: No such file or directory

hi, I get this error when I compile my source on mac Leopard. is because I need to configure openGL path ? Monitor.h:15:60: error: GL/glut.h: No such file or directory Monitor.h:16:60: error: GL/gl.h: No such file or directory Monitor.C: In function 'void display2()': Monitor.C:77:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCP error: No such file or directory

Hi, I am trying to do scp using the following script: #!/usr/local/bin/bash BUILDDATE=20120220 for line in `cat arch_host_plat_src_dest` do src=`echo $line | cut -d: -f4` dest=`echo $line | cut -d: -f5` echo scp -p /builds/${BUILDDATE}/Integration/$src ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Technext
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

No such file or directory error

Hi, After executing load_data.sh script , it completes the steps in script but give following error.Please let me know how to fix it. ./load_data.sh: ' missing ./load_data.sh: 0: not found for i in 1 2 3 do ###some processing#### DLOG=$( eval echo \${TXPCY_${i}_DATA_FILE_LOG} )... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy162
4 Replies

7. Solaris

/bin/find: stat() error <File> : No such file or directory

Hi, I am getting below error in Solaris 10 SPARC when trying to issue a search on /var/tmp partition Below is the query /bin/find /var/tmp/ -type f -atime +1 Below is the result /bin/find: stat() error <File> : No such file or directory (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash358
28 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

No Such File or Directory error

Hi! I just recently started messing around with Unix, but I've come upon one problem multiple times. Whenever I try to run a shell script, for example; #! /bin/bash #-------------------------------------- # example1 #-------------------------------------- echo "Hello, World!" I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: SoapilyProne
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Weird Error (: No such file or directory)

Hi Everyone, I am trying to make this script to use, to find out the DAHDI channel status. Every thing works fine, I even get proper results, however I have this weird error that comes along. Can someone please help me. Thanks a lot. #!/bin/bash # Color to set the test to when a channel is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeetz
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

No such file or directory error

I am new to shell scripting so I assume there is something basic I am missing but I have not been able to figure it out. When I run the following code from a script it can't find the paths to the directory or files. I can literally cut and paste the commands into terminal and they work fine. Why... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TryAgain12
2 Replies
remove directory(1m)													      remove directory(1m)

NAME
remove directory - Removes a value from a set-valued or single-valued attribute (including application-defined attributes) of a directory SYNOPSIS
cdscp remove directory directory-name attribute-name [= attribute-value] ARGUMENTS
The full name of the directory. The name of a particular attribute. Specify only one attribute at a time. See the cds_attributes file for the list of attributes and corresponding data types that your application uses. The value of a particular attribute. The value of an application-defined attribute is dependent on the type of attribute. DESCRIPTION
The remove directory command removes a value from a set-valued or single-valued attribute (including application-defined attributes) of a directory. If you do not specify a value, the command removes the entire attribute. This command can delete attributes created by the add directory and set directory commands. Usually this task is performed through the client application. See the OSF DCE Administration Guide for more information about attributes. Privilege Required You must have write permission to the directory. NOTE
This command is replaced at Revision 1.1 by the dcecp command and may not be provided in future releases of DCE. EXAMPLE
To remove the value 1 from the user-defined, set-valued attribute dirregion of a directory named /.:/sales, follow these steps: Read the cds_attributes file to check that the attribute dirregion is listed, as shown in the following display: OID LABEL SYNTAX 1.3.22.1.3.66 dirregion small Enter the following command to remove the value 1 from the attribute dirregion. cdscp> remove directory /.:/sales dirregion = 1 RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: add directory(1m), list directory(1m), set directory(1m), set directory to skulk(1m), show directory(1m) Books: OSF DCE Administration Guide remove directory(1m)