Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Space Issue
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Space Issue Post 302770378 by panknil on Friday 15th of February 2013 12:54:02 PM
Old 02-15-2013
Tools Space Issue

Hey Experts,

I'm facing an issue related to space in the unix system. I have a mount point where 9.4 T is allocated. The entire mount point is filled and I can trace only for 6.7T but I could not located the rest of the space around 2T. I tried every single command to locate the file starting with find,du,df etc but no luck. Requesting you all to please help me find that hidden space.

Filesystem size used avail capacity Mounted on
/dev/vx/dsk/edwqadg/edw_qa
9.4T 9.3T 60G 100% /edw_qa

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Space issue with Directory

Hi, How can I check whether a directory has enough space to create file? I have checked the space is availabe in the file system. For example: the directory /var/tmp resides in root file system. In the root file system currently 20% (5.5gb) space availabe. but how can I check the in the /var/tmp,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siba.s.nayak
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help with space issue

Ok, I have a drive on my unix system that looks like this: /dev/hd4 0.38 0.00 100% 4316 3% / I can't find any file on that drive that would account for the 400MB. How can I thoroughly find the culprit of this space? I've done ls -al, but don't see anything that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
1 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Issue available disk space while using xdd

Good morning, I seem to be running into an issue with some drives I have attached to my solaris server. The drives are attached correctly, the partitions are arranged with fdisk, the ext3 filesystem is setup using mkfs, and finally the drive is mounted. When I use xdd to perform read/write... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrpogo07
3 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Issue with disk space usage

Issue with disk space usage I have the following line in my "df -h" output: Filesystem Size Used Avail Capacity Mounted on /dev/ad4s1a 496M 495M -39M 109% / What is the issue with having 9% excess utilisation? How can I find out what this partition is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

extra space issue with awk

for diskname in $(lspv |awk '{print $1}') do lquerypv -h /dev/|awk '/'$diskname'/ { print ; exit }' done No output is returning from the loop. I think awk put an extra space to the command - lquerypv -h /dev/ so that the command is executed as i.e. lquerypv -h /dev/ hdisk230 with a space... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
7 Replies

6. Solaris

swap space issue

HI All, Recently during oracle install I realized that I did not have enough swap space. So I - 1. Created a swap file "swap_fille1" in /rpool using mkfile - # ls -ltr /rpool total 10487121 drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 3 Dec 21 12:09 boot drwxr-xr-x 2 root root ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumeet
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Combine 2 line with space issue

Hello all, i am new to linux , and please need your help and suggestion on.... when vi 1.txt :set list, it looks like $ is displaying the end of line Filter: vlan1-BUM-1M $ BUM-1M 0 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samoptimus
4 Replies

8. HP-UX

Swap space issue.

Hi, I am not sure how many scripts / java processes running on my HP-UX server. I need to calculate the total heap of these processes. I then need to recommend increasing the swap memory to be increase and equal to total heap if that is the right concept. Currently we are facing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Swap space issue

I have Solaris-10 with mutiple zones running in it. My Big Brother monitoring is complaining for very less swap space available, but I am not able to find, what process has consumed its swap space and how to clear it. All zones including global server have almost blank /tmp with very less data.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Solaris 8 metainit space issue

I am trying to create soft partition metaclear -r d109 metainit d109 -p d100 -o 178423817 -b 33554432 After i did this i saw the df -k /dev/md/dsk/d109 0 779600337 0 0% /test df -k shows that it is full? also i have tried adding no logging entry in /etc/vfstab... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull05
0 Replies
lofs(7FS)                                                          File Systems                                                          lofs(7FS)

NAME
lofs - loopback virtual file system SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/param.h> #include <sys/mount.h> int mount (const char* dir, const char* virtual, int mflag, lofs, NULL, 0); DESCRIPTION
The loopback file system device allows new, virtual file systems to be created, which provide access to existing files using alternate pathnames. Once the virtual file system is created, other file systems can be mounted within it, without affecting the original file sys- tem. However, file systems which are subsequently mounted onto the original file system are visible to the virtual file system, unless or until the corresponding mount point in the virtual file system is covered by a file system mounted there. virtual is the mount point for the virtual file system. dir is the pathname of the existing file system. mflag specifies the mount options; the MS_DATA bit in mflag must be set. If the MS_RDONLY bit in mflag is not set, accesses to the loop back file system are the same as for the underlying file system. Otherwise, all accesses in the loopback file system will be read-only. All other mount(2) options are inherited from the underlying file systems. A loopback mount of '/' onto /tmp/newroot allows the entire file system hierarchy to appear as if it were duplicated under /tmp/newroot, including any file systems mounted from remote NFS servers. All files would then be accessible either from a pathname relative to '/' or from a pathname relative to /tmp/newroot until such time as a file system is mounted in /tmp/newroot, or any of its subdirectories. Loopback mounts of '/' can be performed in conjunction with the chroot(2) system call, to provide a complete virtual file system to a process or family of processes. Recursive traversal of loopback mount points is not allowed. After the loopback mount of /tmp/newroot, the file /tmp/newroot/tmp/newroot does not contain yet another file system hierarchy; rather, it appears just as /tmp/newroot did before the loopback mount was performed (for example, as an empty directory). Examples lofs file systems are mounted using: mount -F lofs /tmp /mnt SEE ALSO
lofiadm(1M), mount(1M), chroot(2), mount(2), sysfs(2), vfstab(4), lofi(7D) WARNINGS
Loopback mounts must be used with care; the potential for confusing users and applications is enormous. A loopback mount entry in /etc/vfstab must be placed after the mount points of both directories it depends on. This is most easily accomplished by making the loop- back mount entry the last in /etc/vfstab. SunOS 5.10 10 Apr 2001 lofs(7FS)