Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Solved] Shell script not working in crontab Post 302770362 by surender reddy on Friday 15th of February 2013 11:03:15 AM
Old 02-15-2013
Hi,

Expect is working with cron. it will store the backup files in bngbackup directory

after this only problem is coming.

the below command is not working in cron

Code:
tar -cf bngbackup.tar bngbackup  ;gzip bngbackup.

but while executing manually bngbackup.tar.gz was created

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script is not working when put in crontab

Hi there, this is part of my script: /usr/bin/cd /u01/oradata /usr/bin/cp `/bin/ls -1 . |grep -v "^DIMStemp01.dbf$" | grep -v "^DIMSts01.dbf$"|grep -v "^DIMStects01.dbf$"` /backup It's working fine when I manually run on telnet session. /bin/ls -1 . -- to list all the files inside... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: *Jess*
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Script Not working with Crontab

I have the following expect script sitting on a Linux box. === #!/usr/bin/expect -f # # backup.expect # # Expect script to backup a firewall via a SSH session # # set firewall set username set password set prompt set filename match_max 50000 spawn ssh -l... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alagondar
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

My script stops working when using crontab

I have made a shell script(/bin/sh) that starts a perl script (that I haven't made my self) that's starts a ssh session. The ssh session uses a private/public key to login so no password is needed. The Perl script works perfect. But when I put it in a cronjob (crontab) the ssh connection asks... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: splinter_cell
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not working in crontab

Hi I have created a script. Which i have configured in cron to make it run in every 2 min. But script is not running. If I checl the cron log at /var/cron/log .it shows its running in every 2 min. Below is the command which i configured in crontab. But I am not able to find the way so that... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nandan8a
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

[Solved] Crontab not launching script

Hi all, i have the following script #!/bin/sh for i in `ps -leaf --cols 1024 | grep LogUser | grep -v grep | awk '{print $4}'`; do echo $i kill -15 $i; done; but it seems that the crontab its sciping this script,i configured corntab as following */30 * * * root... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Simple script not working- for loop

Hi all, Please guide me writing this script Follwing is the file which I have created, which contains the files to be copied. cat system1-dr.txt /etc/passwd /etc/shadow /etc/group /etc/vfstab /etc/profile /etc/default/init /etc/shells /etc/dfs/dfstab /etc/dfs/sharetab... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script is not longer working in the crontab

This is the crontab it is supossed to be running everyday but it didnt 5 0 * * * /export/app/CO/opge/scr/Informe_parametros_colombia.ksh >/dev/null 2>&1 Inside the above script connects to a database and extract data to a flat file, manually i run the script at about 2 a.m. and Works OK,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
6 Replies

8. Red Hat

Script not working if crontab scheduled

Hi all, I'm working to a script with /bin/bash shebang. The script works perfectly if I run from command line. The script runs under a non root user and inside the commands are set with sudo command in a such a way they can be run under root, for example (first rows of the script):... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: idro
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not working via crontab

Hi, I have written one script which is connecting to the the database and generating one CSV, it is running fine when i ran it manually though it is throwing any warning but CSV is generating and working fine but same script when i have configured in crontab not working and giving error, kindly... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ash12345
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not working via crontab

Hi, I have written one script which is connecting to the the database and generating one CSV, it is running fine when i ran it manually though it is throwing any warning but CSV is generating and working fine but same script when i have configured in crontab not working and giving error, kindly... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ash1234
1 Replies
virt-tar-out(1) 					      Virtualization Support						   virt-tar-out(1)

NAME
virt-tar-out - Pack a virtual machine disk image directory into a tarball. SYNOPSIS
virt-tar-out -a disk.img /dir files.tar virt-tar-out -d domain /dir files.tar virt-tar-out -d domain /dir - | gzip --best > files.tar.gz DESCRIPTION
"virt-tar-out" packs a virtual machine disk image directory into a tarball. The first parameter is the absolute path of the virtual machine directory. The second parameter is the tar file to write. Use "-" to write to standard output. EXAMPLES
Download the home directories from a guest: virt-tar-out -d MyGuest /home - | gzip --best > homes.tar.gz JUST A SHELL SCRIPT WRAPPER AROUND GUESTFISH
This command is just a simple shell script wrapper around the guestfish(1) "tar-out" command. For anything more complex than a trivial copy, you are probably better off using guestfish directly. OPTIONS
Since the shell script just passes options straight to guestfish, read guestfish(1) to see the full list of options. SEE ALSO
guestfish(1), virt-cat(1), virt-copy-in(1), virt-copy-out(1), virt-edit(1), virt-tar-in(1), <http://libguestfs.org/>. AUTHORS
Richard W.M. Jones ("rjones at redhat dot com") COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2011 Red Hat Inc. <http://libguestfs.org/> This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA. libguestfs-1.18.1 2013-12-07 virt-tar-out(1)