Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl - Append data to existing excel cell Post 302770212 by Chubler_XL on Thursday 14th of February 2013 06:34:19 PM
Old 02-14-2013
There appear to be methods for VB macros to do multi-colored text in one cell, but don't think it's supported by WriteExcel

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change the cell background in excel sheet using Perl

I need to change a cell in an excel sheet to different background color using perl. Please help regarding this. Thanks and Regards, Neelam G (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gujrathinr
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change cell background in excel sheet using perl

I need to change a cell in an excel sheet to different background color using perl.I tried SaveParse, but was unable to get it Please help regarding this. Thanks and Regards, Neelam G https://www.unix.com/images/misc/progress.gif (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gujrathinr
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL: Modify Excel cell formatting

Hi, I would like to modify an existing excel cell format to a custom format. Is there a way to do it with out writing into a new excel file. In-place editing? Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep78
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Export into a single cell of excel sheet...

The awk is giving below output: SELECT divrel.child_org_idn org_main_idn NULL ( VARCHAR(200)) div_nam_2 NULL ( VARCHAR(200)) div_nam_3 NULL ( VARCHAR(200)) div_nam_4 NULL ( VARCHAR(200)) div_nam_5 NULL ( VARCHAR(200)) div_nam_6 NULL ( VARCHAR(200)) div_nam_7 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goutam_igate
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

modify Existing MS excel workbook in perl

Hi I need to modify an excel file in perl and for which I installed perl in Linux 1. Open a existing excel file 2. delete an unwanted Sheet called "summary" 3. and i want to insert some data into range of cells ( B1:B11) 4. Remove unwanted value called "Sum" repeated in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: luke_devon
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete already existing data in a file using perl? Pls help me!!

Dear Friends, I need urgent help from u.. I have two files,file1 & file 2.. file1 have a existing data of file2.So i want to delete those existing datas from file1 (which contain the data from file1) My file1 like this rs39348 1 1045729 A G 0.1791 0.2054 0.84 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshraj
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to validate data of excel using perl or shell

I have a software which generates excel report with some specific data. The excel file format is .xls (old 2003 format) The data are in the forms like differenct cells contains numeric, string and alphanumeric data. The data per cell for specific input data is fixed. I need to retrive specific... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: PratLinux
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : not capturing all the data from excel sheet

Hi folks, I am working on assignment that captures all the records(2 columns one column contains names and other contain date of birth) from excel sheet stored in a directory and checks for current date and month. If it matches current date and month then the matched records are printed as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

awk - If then else rule like Excel cell

Hi, I need extract / transpose where "Y" in the input file My input file is Item,EB,SB,SD,TP,GR LP,Y,N,N,N,Y GC,Y,N,N,N,N CO,N,Y,Y,Y,Y PS,Y,N,N,Y,Y Expecting output is EB-/'LP/',/'GC/',/'PS/' SB-/'CO/' SD-/'CO/' TP-/'CO/',/'PS/' GR-LP,CO,PS I appreciate for your help Regards (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: myrole
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse excel file with html on each cell

<DIV><P>Pré-condição aceder ao ecrã Home do MRS.</P></DIV><DIV><P>OK.</P></DIV><DIV><P>Seleccionar Pesquisa de Recepção Directa.</P></DIV><DIV><P>Confirmar que abriu ecrã de Recepção Directa.</P></DIV><DIV> (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: oliveiraum
6 Replies
FS_GETCELLSTATUS(1)					       AFS Command Reference					       FS_GETCELLSTATUS(1)

NAME
fs_getcellstatus - Reports whether setuid programs are honored in a cell SYNOPSIS
fs getcellstatus -cell <cell name>+ [-help] fs getce -c <cell name>+ [-h] DESCRIPTION
The fs getcellstatus command reports whether the Cache Manager allows programs fetched from each specified cell to run with setuid permission. To set a cell's setuid status, use the fs setcell command; fs_setcell(1) fully describes how AFS treats setuid programs. OPTIONS
-cell <cell name>+ Names each cell for which to report setuid status. Provide the fully qualified domain name, or a shortened form that disambiguates it from the other cells listed in the local /etc/openafs/CellServDB file. -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
The output reports one of the following two values as appropriate: Cell <cell> status: setuid allowed Cell <cell> status: no setuid allowed EXAMPLES
The following example indicates that programs from the cell "abc.com" are not allowed to run with setuid permission. % fs getcellstatus abc.com Cell abc.com status: no setuid allowed PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
None SEE ALSO
CellServDB(5), fs_setcell(1) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 FS_GETCELLSTATUS(1)