Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to find the router reboot date using script? Post 302770068 by Corona688 on Thursday 14th of February 2013 10:54:07 AM
Old 02-14-2013
Code:
# Get the current time, minus 300 seconds 
DATE=$(perl -e 'use POSIX qw(strftime);  print strftime "%m %d %H %M %S\n", localtime(time()+$ARGV[0]);' -- -300 )

Now there's just the challenge of getting the number of seconds out of that string. I'm guessing it may vary, not printing days if it hasn't been up days, etc... hmm...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find files on a given input date

Hello gurus, I need to write a script to find out all the file that got changed on a specific folder since a given input date (Date to be given as Input) Thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ar.karan
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell script to find files by date and size

Hi, I have a directory PRIVATE in which I have several directories and each of these have several files. Therefore, I need to find those files by size and date to back up those files in another directory. I don't know how to implement this shell script using ''find''. appreciate any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dadadc
1 Replies

3. AIX

How to find the router IP address

How to find the router IP address (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AIXlearner
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to script to find the newer date in a text file?

Hi, I have a text file, foo.txt, it looks something like below. In the file there is a line that gives the date in the form of: Mon Jun 15 11:09:31 2008. I need to find which date is the newest and then store certain details of that list data to another file. So, in this sample text file, I... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: boolean2222
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Remote Unix printing to my WinXP works with no router. How can I make it work through my router?

I set up remote printing on a clients Unix server to my Windows XP USB printer. My USB printer is connected directly to my PC (no print server and no network input on printer). With my Win XP PC connected to my cable modem (without the router), i can do lp -dhp842c /etc/hosts and it prints. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jmhohne
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the date of previous day in shell script?

Hi Experts, i am using the below code get the date of previous day. #!/usr/bin/ksh datestamp=`date '+%Y%m%d'` yest=$((datestamp -1)) echo $yest When i execute the code i am getting output as: 20130715 What i am trying here is, based on the date passed i am fetching previus day's... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: learner24
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to find out what router a connection uses?

How can i trace a destination IP from the initiating IP to see what router(s) it goes thru from the source IP to the destination IP on Linux Redhat server? If it is the traceroute command, what options can i Use to get that infoirmation? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Script to find a date variable and increment it

Hi, I have parameter file wo_location.prm which has a date variable $last_upd_date= 02032016. I need to write a unix shell script to find that variable and increment it by 1 day. The path to the file is root/dir_lc/shared/param/wo_location.prm and the variable is $last_upd_date. Any... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: isenhiem
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to find n.of weekdays and n.of weekends in a given date

Hi All, Could you please provide the shell script to find number of weekdays and number of weekends for a given date for that month. Monday to friday should be considered as weekdays and Saturday and Sunday should be considered as weekends. Date should be passed as parameter. For... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROCK_PLSQL
13 Replies
ALEVT-DATE(1)							   Teletext time						     ALEVT-DATE(1)

NAME
alevt-date - display/set time received via Teletext SYNOPSIS
alevt-date [options] DESCRIPTION
alevt-date displays the time received from a Teletext source. It can be used to set the system time. The date is not interpreted (not even transmitted on most channels). So it allows only adjustment of +/-12 hours. The default allowed adjustment is limited to +/-2 hours (use -delta to change). Without the -set option it just displays the date in the format of the date(1) command. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. -set Set system time from time received via Teletext. -delta seconds Maximum allowed adjustment made to the system time. The default is 7200 seconds (2 hours) and the maximum that may be given is 12 hours. -format string Format string to used to print the time. Look at strftime(3) for possible control sequences. -vbi device Use the given device name (default: /dev/vbi0). -timeout seconds If the time can't be detected in seconds, the program is terminated with a SIGALRM. --help Show summary of options. --version Show version of program. Before starting this program, you have to set the TV channel with another program like xawtv of set-tv. Note: This program does not set the battery backed up clock of your computer. clock -w will do this. FILES
/dev/vbi* SEE ALSO
alevt(1x), alevt-cap(1), strftime(3), date(1), clock(8). BUGS
This program is just a toy. The time transmitted by the TV stations is more than inaccurate. Some are within a few seconds of your local time reference but others are more then 15 minutes off. You've been warned. (And don't assume the pkt8/30 time is better. It's even worse.) No bug reports to <froese@gmx.de> *g*. LINUX
1.6.2 ALEVT-DATE(1)