Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extract lines from file using keywords using script Post 302770054 by Yoda on Thursday 14th of February 2013 10:07:53 AM
Old 02-14-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by surender reddy
Hi ,
code is working fine but i need ip or host name in output file .now iam not able to difffernaite which output is belongs to which router.
I edited my post, try that code instead.
This User Gave Thanks to Yoda For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture lines based on keywords

Hello everyone, I am trying to write a script that will capture few lines from a text file based on 2 keywords in the first line and 1 keyword in the last one. It could also be based on the first line only + the folllowing 3 lines. Could some one help or give directions. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimo
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script that extract some lines from a file lookin into another

I want a ksh script that parse two files (text files, actually my original files are .xls) - input data: - one file file1 containig lines separated by spaces (or other delimiter) - 2nd one file2 contain only one numerical value in a line (for simplicity but it might of the same form as the 1st)... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: heartwork
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting lines based on keywords for MySQL script

the thing which i require is very very complex.. i tried hard to find the solution but couldnt.. the thing i need to achieve is say i have a file cat delta.sql CREATE VIEW Austin Etc etc . . . CREATE VIEW Barabara AS SELECT blah blah blah FROM Austin z, Cluster s, Instance i WHERE... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

copy range of lines in a file based on keywords from another file

Hi Guys, I have the following problem. I have original file (org.txt) that looks like this module v_1(.....) //arbitrary number of text lines endmodule module v_2(....) //arbitrary number of text lines endmodule module v_3(...) //arbitrary number of text lines endmodule module... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading specific lines from a file using index or keywords

Hello I want to read from a file which contains email addresses. The file format is like this. from@mail.com to1@mail.com to2@mail.com cc@mail.com bcc@mail.com I'll have to read from such file and assign the email addresses to respective variables. frommail =... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kyaw Lwin Phyo
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP: Shell Script to read a Log file line by line and extract Info based on KEYWORDS matching

I have a LOG file which looks like this Import started at: Mon Jul 23 02:13:01 EDT 2012 Initialization completed in 2.146 seconds. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- Import summary for Import item: PolicyInformation... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: biztank
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed to extract few lines from file

Hello, I need a utility script or command that will extract the following lines from a file based on a 'word' contain in a line. For example my file contains lot of lines. So if i pass 1800182 to the script/command it should return everything between 1st RequestNetRates tag before it and 1st... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract word between two KEYWORDS

Hi I want to extract all the words between two keywords HELLO & BYE. eg: Input 1_HELLO_HOW_ARE_YOU_BYE_TEST 1_HELLO_WHERE_ARE_BYE_TEST 1_HELLO_HOW_BYE_TEST Output Required: HOW_ARE_YOU WHERE_ARE HOW (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dashing201
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display lines between keywords inclusive

Hi, I have a file that contains a lot of lines that are repetitive. I am interested in grepping the following section which is repetitive. ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: <Address> <Street>xxxy</Street> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jakSun8
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy Lines between Keywords & paste them to another file

hi, I have Multiple files with the following data : File1 100414 DR1 END XXXXX Test1 Test2 Test3 Test4 Test5 Test6 END 100514 DR2 END XXXXX Test7 Test8 Test9 Test10 Test11 Test12 END 100614 DR3 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: newageBATMAN
5 Replies
ppmtopgm(1)                                                   General Commands Manual                                                  ppmtopgm(1)

NAME
ppmtopgm - convert a portable pixmap into a portable graymap SYNOPSIS
ppmtopgm [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces a portable graymap as output. The output is a "black and white" rendering of the original image, as in a black and white photograph. The quantization formula used is .299 r + .587 g + .114 b. Note that although there is a pgmtoppm program, it is not necessary for simple conversions from pgm to ppm , because any ppm program can read pgm (and pbm ) files automatically. pgmtoppm is for colorizing a pgm file. Also, see ppmtorgb3 for a different way of converting color to gray. And ppmdist generates a grayscale image from a color image, but in a way that makes it easy to differentiate the original colors, not necessarily a way that looks like a black and white photograph. QUOTE
Cold-hearted orb that rules the night Removes the colors from our sight Red is gray, and yellow white But we decide which is right And which is a quantization error. SEE ALSO
pgmtoppm(1),ppmtorgb3(1),rgb3toppm(1),ppmdist(1),ppm(5),pgm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 10 April 2000 ppmtopgm(1)