Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search and replace from file in awk using a 16 bit text file Post 302770027 by gimley on Thursday 14th of February 2013 08:11:29 AM
Old 02-14-2013
Many thanks I will try and provide the sample as an attachment and so also the mapper file.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

automating file search and replace text

Hi, I am trying something like this: Let's say I have a file called File1 with contents: x=-0.3 y=2.1 z=9.0 I have another file, File2, with contents: xx= yy= zz= (nothing after "="). What I want to do is get the value of x in File1 and set it to xx in File2, i.e., xx=-0.3. And the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ommatidia
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search and replace text in same file

script is as below v_process_run=5 typeset -i p_cnt=0 pdata=/home/proc_data.log while do # execute script in background dummy_test.sh "a1" "a2" & p_cnt=$p_cnt+1 echo "data : $p_cnt : Y" >> $pdata done file created with following data in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vrgurav
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search and replace a specific text in text file?

I have a text file with following content (3 lines) filename : output.txt first line:12/12/2008 second line:12/12/2008 third line:Y I would like to know how we can replace 'Y' with 'N' in the 3rd line keeping 1st and 2nd lines same as what it was before. I tried using cat output.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosham
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how can search a String in one text file and replace the whole line in another file

i am very new to UNIX plz help me in this scenario i have two text files as below file1.txt name=Rajakumar. Discipline=Electronics and communication. Designation=software Engineer. file2.txt name=Kannan. Discipline=Mechanical. Designation=CADD Design Engineer. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkraja
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and replace a text in a file

Hi all, I have a requirement where i have to search data between strings 'SELECT' and ';' and replace this text as "SELECT.....;" so that i can export this extracted string into a excel cell. Please suggest on this. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: goutam_igate
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

text file search and replace with awk

hello all greeting for the day i have a text file as the following text.xml abcd<FIELD>123.456</FIELD>efgh i need to replace the value between <FIELD> and </FIELD> by using awk command. please throw some light on this. thank you very very much Erik (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: erikshek
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

search text file in file if this file contains necessary text (awk,grep)

Hello friends! Help me pls to write correct awk and grep statements for my task: I have got files with name filename.txt It has such structure: Start of file FROM: address@domen.com (12...890) abc DATE: 11/23/2009 on Std SUBJECT: any subject End of file So, I must check, if this file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: candyme
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search replace strings between single quotes in a text file

Hi There... I need to serach and replace a strings in a text file. My file has; books.amazon='Let me read' and the output needed is books.amazon=NONFOUND pls if anybody know this can be done in script sed or awk.. i have a list of different strings to be repced by NONFOUND.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hiano
7 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Search and replace in text file

Hi, I have gigabytes of text files that I need to search for "&" and replace with "&amp". Is there a way to do this efficiently (like sed command)? Hope you could help. Thanks. (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: daytripper1021
17 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search field in text file and replace value

Hi there, First of all this is my first post here. Thank you in advance for your help. What I am trying to do is the following. I have a text file where each field of each row is separated by a tabulator. Looks like this: ATOM 1 N HSE A 26 3.033 -10.429 -2.262 1.00 17.07 ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: doom4
8 Replies
GLFRAMEBUFFERTEXTURE(3G)					  [FIXME: manual]					  GLFRAMEBUFFERTEXTURE(3G)

NAME
glFramebufferTextureLayer - attach a single layer of a texture to a framebuffer C SPECIFICATION
void glFramebufferTextureLayer(GLenum target, GLenum attachment, GLuint texture, GLint level, GLint layer); PARAMETERS
target Specifies the framebuffer target. target must be GL_DRAW_FRAMEBUFFER, GL_READ_FRAMEBUFFER, or GL_FRAMEBUFFER. GL_FRAMEBUFFER is equivalent to GL_DRAW_FRAMEBUFFER. attachment Specifies the attachment point of the framebuffer. attachment must be GL_COLOR_ATTACHMENTi, GL_DEPTH_ATTACHMENT, GL_STENCIL_ATTACHMENT or GL_DEPTH_STENCIL_ATTACHMMENT. texture Specifies the texture object to attach to the framebuffer attachment point named by attachment. level Specifies the mipmap level of texture to attach. layer Specifies the layer of texture to attach. DESCRIPTION
glFramebufferTextureLayer operates like glFramebufferTexture(), except that only a single layer of the texture level, given by layer, is attached to the attachment point. If texture is not zero, layer must be greater than or equal to zero. texture must either be zero or the name of an existing three-dimensional texture, one- or two-dimensional array texture, or multisample array texture. ERRORS
GL_INVALID_ENUM is generated if target is not one of the accepted tokens. GL_INVALID_ENUM is generated if attachment is not one of the accepted tokens. GL_INVALID_VALUE is generated if texture is not zero or the name of an existing texture object. GL_INVALID_VALUE is generated if texture is not zero and layer is negative. GL_INVALID_OPERATION is generated if zero is bound to target. GL_INVALID_OPERATION is generated if texture is not zero or the name of an existing cube map texture. SEE ALSO
glGenFramebuffers(), glBindFramebuffer(), glGenRenderbuffers(), glFramebufferTexture(), glFramebufferTextureFace() COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010 Khronos Group. This material may be distributed subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Open Publication License, v 1.0, 8 June 1999. http://opencontent.org/openpub/. [FIXME: source] 05/30/2012 GLFRAMEBUFFERTEXTURE(3G)