Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to create multiline csv cell through shell script? Post 302769905 by Yoda on Wednesday 13th of February 2013 09:14:03 PM
Old 02-13-2013
I don't think you can do this kind of formatting in CSV. I would suggest to create a HTML table out of your file data using awk with formatting of your choice.

Here is an example:
Code:
awk -F= ' BEGIN {
                print "<html><body>"
                print "<table border=1>"
                print "<tr><td align=center>"
        } {
                gsub(/"/,X);
                print $2"<br>";
        } END {
                print "</td></tr>"
                print "</table>"
                print "</body></html>"
} ' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to edit particular cell of csv file using shell script

I have one csv file and in that I want update particular cell. I know the row and coloumn number for that respective. Please help me... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepak_p86
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

get output in each cell from shell script

Hi, I have a code which gives me different values all in a same line. what do i change to make the output have each value in each cell. code: echo $user $firstname $lastname $address done | tee userinfo.xls i want the $user value to be in first cell of excel, $firstname in the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sophos
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to add two values in the same cell of CSV file

I need help to create a csv file with Unix command. In csv file, i need to put two values in the same cell. Rite now, whts happening is, if i put 2 values in the same cell, its comming as " asd, zxc" but i want it in different line but in same cell. asd zxc Please reply me ASAP. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Prashant Jain
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create csv file using shell script

I have a file in multiple directory which has some records in the following format File: a/latest.txt , b/latest.txt, c/latest.txt -> Name=Jhon Age=27 Gender=M Street=LA Road Occupation=Service I want to generate a csv file from the above file as follows File: output.csv -> ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjk2504
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract last cell of csv file

How do I extract the last cell in a column of a csv file using linux shell scripting? Or alternatively, how do I get the number of cells of a csv file? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

multiline comment in shell script

Is thery any way to give comment to multiple line without explicitly specifying # at the begining of each line ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Create excel file(.csv) using shell script?

Hi, i have shell script which compiles n number of test cases and execute them one by one. i want to create report in excel through script in which two columns namely "test id" and "release".second column have two subcolumns namely compiles and excutes. so i want first column should display test... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: RamMore123
15 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trying To Write File Contents To Specfic .csv Cell

Hi, I'm attempting to write the entire contents of a file to a specific .csv cell. So far have only a nawk one liner that will write a value into a specific .csv cell. Trying to use man page but can't seem to get any farther. Any help would be appreciated. nawk -v r=2 -v c=3 -v val=5 -F,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyf
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create or convert to pdf files from csv files using shell script?

Hi, Can anyone help me how to convert a .csv file to a .pdf file using shell script Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Multiline html tag parse shell script

Hello, I want to parse the contents of a multiline html tag ex: <html> <body> <p>some other text</p> <div> <p class="margin-bottom-0"> text1 <br> text2 <br> <br> text3 </p> </div> </body> (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: SorcRR
15 Replies
print.ini(5)							File Formats Manual						      print.ini(5)

NAME
print.ini -- survex printer settings Description The print.ini file contains printer descriptions for the Survex printer drivers. File Format The format of the print.ini file is similar to the .ini files used on Microsoft Windows. The file is divided into sections, each section corresponding to a separate printer description. A section starts with a section name in square brackets, e.g. aven's built-in printer support uses the aven section: [aven] followed by some options of the form <option>=<setting>, e.g.: font_size_labels=6 In the supplied print.ini each option is preceded by a comment (indicated by a semicolon ';') briefly explaining the option. Customising Printer Settings If you wish to change the size of the font used for labels or the colours used you need to override some of the setting in print.ini. You shouldn't modify the master print.ini (located in /usr/share/survex on Unix, or in the same directory as the Survex program files on other systems), or your changes will be overwritten by upgrades. Instead create: o /etc/survex/print.ini (Unix - system-wide settings) o ~/.survex/print.ini (Unix - per user settings) o myprint.ini in the directory where Survex is installed (other platforms) If one of these files contains a setting then aven will use it instead of the setting in the master print.ini. Any settings not specified will still fall back to the values in print.ini. See Also printdm(1), printhpgl(1), printpcl(1), printps(1) print.ini(5)