Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search field in text file and replace value Post 302769893 by doom4 on Wednesday 13th of February 2013 08:00:39 PM
Old 02-13-2013
Hi,

thanks for your answer. I just figured out a way to do it:
Code:
#!/bin/bash

cat /dev/null > out.txt
cat $2 | while read line; do 
      id=`echo $line | awk '{ print $6 }'`
      atom=`echo $line | awk '{ print $1 }'`
      if ! [[ "$atom" == "ATOM" ]] ; then
      echo "$line" >> out.txt
      else
      if [ $id -gt $1 ]
      then
        rid=$[$id-2]
        echo "$line" | sed "s/$id/$rid/" >> out.txt
      else
        echo "$line" >> out.txt
      fi
      fi
  done

where $1 is the id starting from which i want to change it and $2 the input file name

---------- Post updated at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous update was at 07:51 PM ----------

the only thing what I just realized is that if
Code:
ATOM   1181  N   ASN A 100      10.938  11.671  38.632  1.00  8.17           N

is to be changed to 99 I get

Code:
ATOM   1181  N   ASN A 99      10.938  11.671  38.632  1.00  8.17           N

but i need an additional space Smilie

Code:
ATOM   1181  N   ASN A  99      10.938  11.671  38.632  1.00  8.17           N
ATOM   1181  N   ASN A 99      10.938  11.671  38.632  1.00  8.17           N

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

automating file search and replace text

Hi, I am trying something like this: Let's say I have a file called File1 with contents: x=-0.3 y=2.1 z=9.0 I have another file, File2, with contents: xx= yy= zz= (nothing after "="). What I want to do is get the value of x in File1 and set it to xx in File2, i.e., xx=-0.3. And the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ommatidia
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to search and replace text in same file

script is as below v_process_run=5 typeset -i p_cnt=0 pdata=/home/proc_data.log while do # execute script in background dummy_test.sh "a1" "a2" & p_cnt=$p_cnt+1 echo "data : $p_cnt : Y" >> $pdata done file created with following data in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vrgurav
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search and replace a specific text in text file?

I have a text file with following content (3 lines) filename : output.txt first line:12/12/2008 second line:12/12/2008 third line:Y I would like to know how we can replace 'Y' with 'N' in the 3rd line keeping 1st and 2nd lines same as what it was before. I tried using cat output.txt... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: santosham
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

search and replace a text in a file

Hi all, I have a requirement where i have to search data between strings 'SELECT' and ';' and replace this text as "SELECT.....;" so that i can export this extracted string into a excel cell. Please suggest on this. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: goutam_igate
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

text file search and replace with awk

hello all greeting for the day i have a text file as the following text.xml abcd<FIELD>123.456</FIELD>efgh i need to replace the value between <FIELD> and </FIELD> by using awk command. please throw some light on this. thank you very very much Erik (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: erikshek
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace 3rd field of space delimited text file

how to replace the 3rd colum? Each line begins similarly, but they all ends variously. XX YY 03 variable text here XX YY 03 more variable text here XX YY 03 even more variable text here really long setence XX YY 03 variable numbers also appear 03 11. 123 456 XX YY 03 the occasional comma,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajp7701
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search replace strings between single quotes in a text file

Hi There... I need to serach and replace a strings in a text file. My file has; books.amazon='Let me read' and the output needed is books.amazon=NONFOUND pls if anybody know this can be done in script sed or awk.. i have a list of different strings to be repced by NONFOUND.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hiano
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk Search text string in field, not all in field.

Hello, I am using awk to match text in a tab separated field and am able to do so when matching the exact word. My problem is that I would like to match any sequence of text in the tab-separated field without having to match it all. Any help will be appreciated. Please see the code below. awk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocket_dog
3 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Search and replace in text file

Hi, I have gigabytes of text files that I need to search for "&" and replace with "&amp". Is there a way to do this efficiently (like sed command)? Hope you could help. Thanks. (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: daytripper1021
17 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk search/replace specific field, using variables for regexp & subsitution then overwrite file

Hello, I'm trying the solve the following problem. I have a file which I intend to use as a csv called master.csv The columns are separated by commas. I want to change the text on a specific row in either column 3,4,5 or 6 from xxx to yyy depending upon if column 1 matches a specified pattern.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyphex
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)