Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: What is the foreign address?
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users What is the foreign address? Post 302769838 by glev2005 on Wednesday 13th of February 2013 03:22:51 PM
Old 02-13-2013
It appears you have a service listening on the localhost and loopback address at port 9100, if you want to have a client computer access this service it should be set to listen at the host machines ip address i.e. 192.168.1.100:9100 what service is this? Apache, Tomcat? Are you trying to access it on the local host or from a remote machine? Is iptables running?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Foreign characters in bash

Hello, I'm trying to type in foreign characters (á, é, í, ñ...) from the bash when doing a Telnet to my UNIX account. So far it only allows me to type in the standard character set (up to ASCII 128). I need this to feed parameters to certains scripts and programs. Thanks! Miguel (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: czerny
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

foreign characters

I have a flat file and have foreign characters in three fields. Can somebody tell me how to get rid of these special characters? It's very urgent because without this my process is failing. Thanks in advance. Angielina (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: angelina
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

foreign characters

I have a flat file and have foreign characters in three fields. Can somebody tell me how to get rid of these special characters? It's very urgent because without this my process is failing. Thanks in advance. Angielina (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: angelina
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

foreign characters in flat file

Hey, Is there anyway I anks, Pocha (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: pochaman
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

regular expression foreign language

Hello all, I read somewher that regular expressions work with ASCII table so when i type grep "*" file_name it uses values from ACII dec97(a) to dec122(z), right ? But if I have file containing diacritics, lets say (ordinary Slovak language characters): marek@cepi:~$ cat diakritika ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakatana
9 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

login consol to foreign ip

every time, root (or any other user) logs into the system (Suse 9.3 Linux mail server) a connection to a foreign ip (96.124.236.183) shows up. It shows up even when I plug out the network cable and then restart the system. I don't know if this is a security hole and how to find out more about... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SimonSalman
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

Connection closed by foreign host

I am trying to connect to my HP server from remote machine. It gets connected but once credential are provided the connection is closed. adroit:/home/seo/hitendra 32 ] telnet myserv1 Trying... Connected to myserv1. Escape character is '^]'. Local flow control on Telnet TERMINAL-SPEED... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Day of the week or Month in a foreign language

Hey guys, i'm a very new shell script user. I've been looking everywhere for a proper script to display the day of the week or the month, accurately, in a foreign language of my choosing. Something where i can just type in the appropriate word in a foreign language in the script and get the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ibizagreg
2 Replies

9. Cybersecurity

Continual knocking on port 443 from foreign IP address

Hello, I have a server in our DMZ that only has ports 80 and 443 open to the public networks. It runs webmail for our 10K employees' accounts. It's not necessary for our employees to access the server from anywhere except North America so I have blocked access from most of the world due to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: randomxs
5 Replies

10. IP Networking

netstat local and foreign address relationship.

Hi All, Can you please help me in understanding the relationship between local and foreign address in the output of netstat -an. Output 1 ---------- 162.103.162.37.50224 162.103.162.35.9511 49640 0 49640 0 ESTABLISHED 162.103.162.37.50263 162.103.162.35.9512 49640 0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Girish19
1 Replies
XINE-REMOTE(1)						      General Commands Manual						    XINE-REMOTE(1)

NAME
xine-remote - a small tool to connect xine remote control server. SYNOPSIS
xine-remote [options] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the xine-remote tool. xine-remote can replace a raw telnet connection to a xine remote control server. It use the readline facilities (completion, vi/emacs shortcuts, command history, etc...). By default, it try to connect the localhost, using the default port (see xine(1)). OPTIONS
The program follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long ioptions starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options are included below. -H, --host <hostname> Try to connect <hostname>. -P, --port <port> Try to connect the host using <port>. -c, --command <command> Send <command> to server then quit. The command should be single quoted if it contain spaces or special characters. -n, --noconnect Do not initiate the connection on startup. -v, --version Display version. -h, --help Display options summary. COMMANDS
Few commands are available, which are used to open or close a connection: ? Display available commands (the xine-remote ones + server ones when connection is established). help <command> Display the purpose of <command>, if that is omitted, display available commands. syntax <command> Display the usage of <command>. version Display version. open <server[:port]> Open connection to server. A port can be optionally specified, using colon (:) separator. close Close connection. quit Leaving xine-remote. SEE ALSO
xine(1). AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Daniel Caujolle-Bert <f1rmb@users.sourceforge.net> for the xine project. The xine project 2002-04-16 XINE-REMOTE(1)