Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Bash script puts \r at the end of variable Post 302769818 by westmoreland on Wednesday 13th of February 2013 01:49:51 PM
Old 02-13-2013
Chubler, you rock. That did the trick, thank you so much.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do you parse a variable in a bash script?

I have a script I use on my web server (Apache2). I am changing to Lighttpd and need to make a few changes. This is what I use on my apache server #!/bin/bash # accepts 3 parameters: <domain name> <user name> <XXXXXXXX> # domain name is without www (just domain.com) # username would be... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vertical98
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Puts command in a script

Hi, I am trying to output a set of fields to a file: set outFile "printHeader.tmp" set dbFields "REPORT.TIMESTAMP.s,REPORT.CUSTOMER.s,REPORT.CODE.s" puts $dbFields > $outFile I receive the following error message: bad argument "printHeader.tmp": should be "nonewline" ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: MrG-San
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing variable from bash to perl from bash script

Hi All, I need to pass a variable to perl script from bash script, where in perl i am using if condition. Here is the cmd what i am using in perl FROM_DATE="06/05/2008" TO_DATE="07/05/2008" "perl -ne ' print if ( $_ >="$FROM_DATE" && $_ <= "$TO_DATE" ) ' filename" filename has... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: arsidh
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

end of file error bash ftp script

Hello kind programmers :) I am a newbie and running into an error "line 28: syntax error: unexpected end of file" on the script shown below. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! #! /bin/bash if ($#argv <3) then echo 'Usage get_modis_snow ' echo 'ftp script for MYD10A2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmshreve
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to detect a file from inserted usb and puts into a Variable

There is a same named log file that I have on my 2 different android phones. When I plug it into my computer, it appears in the media folder, For example the first android phone: /media/F6BA-0AF5/folder/A.log I want to put that into a variable to be manipulated.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tobenguyen
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script puts;; I need just ;

Hello Folks, I must be blind that I cant figure out this perl script why I end up with ;; at the end of the line. I am not an expert by any means #!/usr/bin/perl use File::Find; open F,shift or die $!; my %ip=map/(\S+)\s+(\S+)/,<F>; close F; find sub{ if( -f ){ local... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script having variable substitution problems

Hi I am setting the variables like this : setenv MODULE1 modem5__3 setenv MODULE2 modem5__2 setenv MODULE3 modem_ctrl_1_1 setenv MODULE4 modem_1_0 setenv COUNT 10 I am having a bash script as shown below ################################################ #!/bin/bash for ((... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Acces Variable from expect-Script in bash-Script

Hi all, I have a little problem with a expect in a bash Script. The hull of my script: #!/bin/sh ( expect -c ' set a \"eee\"; # the variable a ' ) echo $a; # using the variable out of the expect script I would like to use the variable out of the expect script(in bash),... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gandalfthepink
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script that gathers specific values from files and puts it into HTML to send e-mail

Hi All, Sorry for long topic here. So the drill goes like that, I need a script which gathers different values from different files/locations. A_CT=`cat a.dat | awk -F'|' '{print $1}' >> report.txt` B_CT=`cat b.dat | awk -F'|' '{print $3}' >> report.txt` C_CT=`cat c.dat | awk -F'|'... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shivakid
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

With script bash, read file line per line starting at the end

Hello, I'm works on Ubuntu server My goal : I would like to read file line per line, but i want to started at the end of file. Currently, I use instructions : while read line; do COMMAND done < /var/log/apache2/access.log But, the first line, i don't want this. The file is long... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fuziion
5 Replies
RBASH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  RBASH(1)

NAME
rbash - restricted bash, see bash(1) RESTRICTED SHELL
If bash is started with the name rbash, or the -r option is supplied at invocation, the shell becomes restricted. A restricted shell is used to set up an environment more controlled than the standard shell. It behaves identically to bash with the exception that the follow- ing are disallowed or not performed: o changing directories with cd o setting or unsetting the values of SHELL, PATH, ENV, or BASH_ENV o specifying command names containing / o specifying a filename containing a / as an argument to the . builtin command o specifying a filename containing a slash as an argument to the -p option to the hash builtin command o importing function definitions from the shell environment at startup o parsing the value of SHELLOPTS from the shell environment at startup o redirecting output using the >, >|, <>, >&, &>, and >> redirection operators o using the exec builtin command to replace the shell with another command o adding or deleting builtin commands with the -f and -d options to the enable builtin command o using the enable builtin command to enable disabled shell builtins o specifying the -p option to the command builtin command o turning off restricted mode with set +r or set +o restricted. These restrictions are enforced after any startup files are read. When a command that is found to be a shell script is executed, rbash turns off any restrictions in the shell spawned to execute the script. SEE ALSO
bash(1) GNU Bash-4.0 2004 Apr 20 RBASH(1)