Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Script to group XML entries?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to group XML entries? Post 302769808 by dlundwall on Wednesday 13th of February 2013 01:32:51 PM
Old 02-13-2013
Thank you!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. I will try out the awk code and see how it works.

Thanks again!!!!

---------- Post updated at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:27 AM ----------

One note of clarification please: Why do you have the "-v" option set? What does it do?

I think that you might have thought that I only have one group (Group Info: Las Vegas SERVERS (39786)) The xml file has 100's of Groups. That's why I am looking to have the script list All groups with their associated Devices. Does that make sense or am I confusing the issue?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

entry in /etc/group too long - problem using sudo with %group

hi folks, I've been googling for quite some time, but still can't find anything near it...my problem is the following: for useradministration in our company we are using ssh/sudo, now whenever I try to add users (we have quite a number of users) with useradd -G groupname for secondary group I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: poli
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove xml namespace from xml file using shell script?

I have an xml file: <AutoData xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"> <Table1> <Data1 10 </Data1> <Data2 20 </Data2> <Data3 40 </Data3> <Table1> </AutoData> and I have to remove the portion xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" only. I tried using sed... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gary1978
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge group numbers and add a column containing group names

I have a file in the following format. Groups of data merge together and the group number is indicated above each group. 1 adrf dfgr dfg 2 dfgr dfgr 3 dfef dfr fd 4 fgrt fgr fgg 5 fgrt fgr (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge group numbers and add a column containing group names

Hi All I do have a file like this with 6 columns. Groups of data merge together and the group number is indicated above each group. 1 1 12 26 289 3.2e-027 GCGTATGGCGGC 2 12 26 215 6.7e+006 TTCCACCTTTTG 3 9 26 175 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort the file contents in each group....print the group title as well

I've this file and need to sort the data in each group File would look like this ... cat file1.txt Reason : ABC 12345-0023 32123-5400 32442-5333 Reason : DEF 42523-3453 23345-3311 Reason : HIJ 454553-0001 I would like to sort each group on the last 4 fileds and print them... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: prash184u
11 Replies

6. AIX

Adding a Volume Group to an HACMP Resource Group?

Hi, I have a 2 node Cluster. Which is working in active/passive mode (i.e Node#1 is running and when it goes down the Node#2 takes over) Now there's this requirement that we need a mount point say /test that should be available in active node #1 and when node #1 goes down and node#2 takes... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixromeo
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a one liner to grep a group info from /etc/group and use that result to search passwd file

/etc/group tiadm::345:mk789,po312,jo343,ju454,ko453,yx879,iy345,hn453 bin::2:root,daemon sys::3:root,bin,adm adm::4:root,daemon uucp::5:root /etc/passwd mk789:x:234:1::/export/home/dummy:/bin/sh po312:x:234:1::/export/home/dummy:/bin/sh ju454:x:234:1::/export/home/dummy:/bin/sh... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script - group by

Hi, I have text file as shown below. root 25 oracle 25 batch 30 griduser 32 admin 35 root 25 oracle 25 batch 30 griduser 32 oracle 25 batch 30 griduser 32 xuser 45 admin 35 I want to group by based on user name, and the output need to be as below. Not necessary the username to be... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: baladelaware73
10 Replies

9. Programming

Sql ORA-00937: not a single-group group function

I'm trying to return only one row with the highest value for PCT_MAX_USED. Any suggestions? When I add this code, I get the ORA-00937 error. trunc(max(decode( kbytes_max, 0, 0, (kbytes_alloc/kbytes_max)*100))) pct_max_used This is the original and returns all rows. select (select... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: progkcp
3 Replies
IPTABLES-XML(1) 						  iptables 1.4.21						   IPTABLES-XML(1)

NAME
iptables-xml -- Convert iptables-save format to XML SYNOPSIS
iptables-xml [-c] [-v] DESCRIPTION
iptables-xml is used to convert the output of iptables-save into an easily manipulatable XML format to STDOUT. Use I/O-redirection pro- vided by your shell to write to a file. -c, --combine combine consecutive rules with the same matches but different targets. iptables does not currently support more than one target per match, so this simulates that by collecting the targets from consecutive iptables rules into one action tag, but only when the rule matches are identical. Terminating actions like RETURN, DROP, ACCEPT and QUEUE are not combined with subsequent targets. -v, --verbose Output xml comments containing the iptables line from which the XML is derived iptables-xml does a mechanistic conversion to a very expressive xml format; the only semantic considerations are for -g and -j targets in order to discriminate between <call> <goto> and <nane-of-target> as it helps xml processing scripts if they can tell the difference between a target like SNAT and another chain. Some sample output is: <iptables-rules> <table name="mangle"> <chain name="PREROUTING" policy="ACCEPT" packet-count="63436" byte-count="7137573"> <rule> <conditions> <match> <p>tcp</p> </match> <tcp> <sport>8443</sport> </tcp> </conditions> <actions> <call> <check_ip/> </call> <ACCEPT/> </actions> </rule> </chain> </table> </iptables-rules> Conversion from XML to iptables-save format may be done using the iptables.xslt script and xsltproc, or a custom program using libxsltproc or similar; in this fashion: xsltproc iptables.xslt my-iptables.xml | iptables-restore BUGS
None known as of iptables-1.3.7 release AUTHOR
Sam Liddicott <azez@ufomechanic.net> SEE ALSO
iptables-save(8), iptables-restore(8), iptables(8) iptables 1.4.21 IPTABLES-XML(1)