Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl match multiple numbers from a variable similar to egrep Post 302769697 by elixir_sinari on Wednesday 13th of February 2013 05:08:30 AM
Old 02-13-2013
Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl
my $searchnum = $ARGV[0];
my $num = '(?:148|1|0|256)';
### or use a regex reference - my $num = qr/148|1|0|256/;
print $num;
if ($searchnum =~ /\b$num\b/)
{
 print "found";
}
else
{
  print "not-found";

}

Last edited by elixir_sinari; 02-13-2013 at 06:18 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

read and match multiple lines in perl

Could any one tell me how to read and match multiple lines in perl? Did this code below still work in this situation? while (<FILE>) { if (/ /) { } } Thanks a lot! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zx1106
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

match similar rows. uniq?

hi i have data which is in two columns (such as below). i need to compare two rows against each other and if one row matches the other row (except for different case), and their values in the second column are different, then it prints out one of the rows (either is fine). here is an... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Streetrcr
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Match a line with multiple search patterns

Hi I'm not very good with the serach patterns and I'd need a sample how to find a line that has multiple patterns. Say I want to find a line that has "abd", "123" and "QWERTY" and there can be any characters or numbers between the serach patterns, I have a file that has thousands of lines and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Juha
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple variable in a variable in Perl

Hi All, I am trying to convert the below Csh while loop into Perl while loop but the problem is that in this csh script, i have 2 variables inside a variable -> $count is a variable {SB$count} as a whole is another variable. Csh is able to assign values to such variable like the below but i do... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Printing Multiple Lines after pattern match

Hello People, Need some assistance/guidance. OUTLINE: Two files (File1 and File2) File1 has some ids such as 009463_3922_1827 897654_8764_5432 File2 has things along the lines of: Query= 009463_3922_1827 length=252 (252 letters) More stufff here ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deep9000
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl - match e-mail addresses in multiple files

Hi, I'm trying to write a script that will check multiple files in a directory (all the relevant filenames begin "TT04.NOTES") for e-mail addresses, and then print these addresses to screen with a count at the bottom. I'm a bit of a novice with Perl but thought it would be the best tool for the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wf1974
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Joining multiple files based on one column with different and similar values (shell or perl)

Hi, I have nine files looking similar to file1 & file2 below. File1: 1 ABCA1 1 ABCC8 1 ABR:N 1 ACACB 1 ACAP2 1 ACOT1 1 ACSBG 1 ACTR1 1 ACTRT 1 ADAMT 1 AEN:N 1 AKAP1File2: 1 A4GAL 1 ACTBL 1 ACTL7 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: seqbiologist
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex/egrep matching numbers in brackets

Experts: I don't know that regular expressions will ever be easy for me, so if one of you guru's could help out, I'd appreciate it. I'm trying to match a line in our syslog, but I can't figure out how to match a number inside a bracket. This is what I'm trying to match. "Jul 16 00:01:34... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdveencamp
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

egrep getting numbers only

Hello, I am kind of a noob with unix, so i'd like some help. I am trying to get some ip address with an nmap scan and then put from the result of the scan only the ip numbers this is an example Starting Nmap 5.21 ( Nmap - Free Security Scanner For Network Exploration & Security Audits )... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: AscaL
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Egrep - Only Match First Occurrence

echo 'String#1 and String#2' | egrep -o -m 1 'String#.{1}' String#1 String#2 I'm trying to just match the first occurrence of 'String#' + 1 character. I thought the "-m 1" switch would do that for me. Instead I get both occurrences. Can somebody provide some insight? Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudo
5 Replies
posttek(1)							   User Commands							posttek(1)

NAME
posttek - PostScript translator for Tektronix 4014 files SYNOPSIS
posttek [-c num] [-f name] [-m num] [-n num] [-o list] [-p mode] [-w num] [-x num] [-y num] [file...] /usr/lib/lp/postscript/posttek DESCRIPTION
The posttek filter translates Tektronix 4014 graphics files into PostScript and writes the results on the standard output. If no files are specified, or if - is one of the input files, the standard input is read. OPTIONS
-c num Print num copies of each page. By default, only one copy is printed. -f name Print text using font name. Any PostScript font can be used, although the best results will be obtained only with constant width fonts. The default font is Courier. -m num Magnify each logical page by the factor num. Pages are scaled uniformly about the origin which, by default, is located at the cen- ter of each page. The default magnification is 1.0. -n num Print num logical pages on each piece of paper, where num can be any positive integer. By default, num is set to 1. -o list Print pages whose numbers are given in the comma-separated list. The list contains single numbers N and ranges N1 - N2. A missing N1 means the lowest numbered page, a missing N2 means the highest. The page range is an expression of logical pages rather than physical sheets of paper. For example, if you are printing two logical pages to a sheet, and you specified a range of 4, then two sheets of paper would print, containing four page layouts. If you specified a page range of 3-4, when requesting two logical pages to a sheet; then only page 3 and page 4 layouts would print, and they would appear on one physical sheet of paper. -p mode Print files in either portrait or landscape mode. Only the first character of mode is significant. The default mode is landscape. -w num Set the line width used for graphics to num points, where a point is approximately 1/72 of an inch. By default, num is set to 0 points, which forces lines to be one pixel wide. -x num Translate the origin num inches along the positive x axis. The default coordinate system has the origin fixed at the center of the page, with positive x to the right and positive y up the page. Positive num moves everything right. The default offset is 0.0 inches. -y num Translate the origin num inches along the positive y axis. Positive num moves everything up the page. The default offset is 0.0. EXIT STATUS
The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. non-zero An error occurred. FILES
/usr/lib/lp/postscript/forms.ps /usr/lib/lp/postscript/ps.requests ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpsf | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
download(1), dpost(1), postdaisy(1), postdmd(1), postio(1), postmd(1), postprint(1), postreverse(1), attributes(5) NOTES
The default line width is too small for write-white print engines, such as the one used by the PS-2400. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 1996 posttek(1)