Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to append a string by comparing another string? Post 302769691 by jagdishrout on Wednesday 13th of February 2013 04:28:01 AM
Old 02-13-2013
Thanks..

Can you please replace the space with pipe(|) in the o/p file?

Code:
BUD,BDL|BUDCAR,BUDLAMP
ABC,CDF,KLT|ABISKAR,CORNEL,KANNAD
JKL,HNM,KTY,KJY|JAGAN,HOUSE,KATAK,KOLKA

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 02-13-2013 at 05:52 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search a string and append text after the string

Hi, I have a file like this... <o t="Batch" id="8410" p="/" g="32"> <a n="name"> <v s="DBBA1MM"/> </a> <a n="owner"> <v r="/Administrator"/> </a> <a n="rights"> <v s="95"/> </a> <a n="debugLevel"> <v s="3"/> </a> <a n="avsStoreLoc"> <v... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kesu2k
8 Replies

2. Programming

string comparing in C

Hello, I need help with a program I'm trying to write for my moms science class, what it has to do is accept a user inputed string and search for it in a text file (file contains all the elements) The file looks like: H Hydrogen 1 He Helium 2 Li Lithium 3 Be Beryllium 4 ... If the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: duvalC
1 Replies

3. Programming

string comparing in C

Hello, I need help with a program I'm trying to write for my moms science class, what it has to do is accept a user inputed string and search for it in a text file (file contains all the elements) The file looks like: H Hydrogen 1 He Helium 2 Li Lithium 3 Be Beryllium 4 ... If the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: duvalC
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in comparing 2 files string by string

Hi Champs, I am a newbie to unix world, and I am trying to built a script which seems to be far tough to be done alone by me..... " I am having a raw csv file which contains around 50 fields..." From that file I have to grep 2 fields "A" and "B"....field "A" is to be aligned vertically... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jitendra.pat04
11 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Append a string on the next line after a pattern string is found

Right now, my code is: s/Secondary Ins./Secondary Ins.\ 1/g It's adding a 1 as soon as it finds Secondary Ins. Primary Ins.: MEDICARE B DMERC Secondary Ins. 1: CONTINENTAL LIFE INS What I really want to achieve is having a 1 added on the next line that contain "Secondary Ins." It... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbeee
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comparing a String variable with a string literal in a Debian shell script

Hi All, I am trying to to compare a string variable with a string literal inside a loop but keep getting the ./testifstructure.sh: line 6: #!/bin/sh BOOK_LIST="BOOK1 BOOK2" for BOOK in ${BOOK_LIST} do if then echo '1' else echo '2' fi done Please use next... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daveu7
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append a searched string with another string using sed

Hi, I need to replace and append a string in a text if grep is true. For eg: grep ABC test.txt | grep -v '\.$' | awk {'print $4'} | sed "s/ ? How do I replace all instances of "print $4" using sed with another sring? Eg of the string returned will be, lx123 web222 xyz Want to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vchee
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to append string checking other same string?

Hi , I have a file likeA-0044150|ABC/Frito/ A-0044150|GFHU A-0150075|Bud Racing A-0187811|Bud Light A-0187811|RW&B signmaking I Want the o/p likeA-0044150|ABC/Frito/,GFHU A-0150075|Bud Racing A-0187811|Bud Light,RW&B signmaking (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagdishrout
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find string in file and append new string after

Hi All, I'm trying to insert a string into a file at a specific location. I'd like to add a string after the parent::__construct(); in my file. <?php if (! defined('BASEPATH')) exit('No direct script access allowed'); class MY_Controller extends CI_Controller { function... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjkilpatrick
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Append a particular string after occurrence of particular string.

Hi Friends, Good morning. Appended a particular string after occurrence of particular string in a file. my file abc.sql as below create or replace function f1(p_cust_no IN VARCHAR) RETURN number IS DECLARE v_country country.customer_tbl%TYPE; begin begin select... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ram0106
4 Replies
GRD2CPT(l)																GRD2CPT(l)

NAME
grd2cpt - Read a grdfile and make a color palette file SYNOPSIS
grd2cpt grdfile [ -Ccptmaster ] [ -I ] [ -Lminlimit/maxlimit ] [ -Szstart/zstop/zinc ] [ -V ] [ -Z ] DESCRIPTION
grd2cpt reads a grdfile and writes a color palette (cpt) file to standard output. The cpt file is based on an existing master cptfile of your choice, and the mapping from data value to colors is through the data's cumulative distribution function (CDF), so that the colors are' histogram equalized. Thus if the resulting cpt file is used with the grdfile and grdimage with a linear projection, the colors will be uniformly distributed in area on the plot. Let z be the data values in the grdfile. Define CDF(Z) = (# of z < Z) / (# of z in grdfile). (NaNs are ignored). These z-values are then normalized to the master cptfile and colors are sampled at the desired intervals. grdfile The 2-D binary grdfile used to derive the color palette table. OPTIONS
-C Selects the master color table to use in the interpolation. Choose among the built-in tables (type grd2cpt to see the list) or give the name of an existing cptfile [Default gives a rainbow cpt file]. -I Reverses the sense of color progression in the master cptfile. -L Limit range of cptfile to minlimit/maxlimit, and don't count data' outside range when estimating CDF(Z). [Default uses min and max of data.] -S Set steps in cpt file. Calculate entries in cptfile from zstart to zstop in steps of (zinc). [Default chooses arbitrary values by a crazy scheme.] -V Verbose operation. This will write CDF(Z) estimates to stderr. [Default is silent.] -Z Will create a continuous color palette. [Default is discontinuous, i.e., constant color intervals] EXAMPLES
Sometimes you don't want to make a cpt file (yet) but would find it helpful' to know that 90% of your data lie between z1 and z2, something you cannot learn from grdinfo. So you can do this to see some points on the CDF(Z) curve (use -V option to see more): grd2cpt mydata.grd -V > /dev/null To make a cpt file with entries from 0 to 200 in steps of 20, and ignore data below zero in computing CDF(Z), and use the built-in master cptfile relief, try grd2cpt mydata.grd -Crelief -L0/10000 -S0/200/20 > mydata.cpt SEE ALSO
gmtdefaults(1gmt), gmt(1gmt), grdhisteq(1gmt), grdinfo(1gmt), makecpt(1gmt) 1 Jan 2004 GRD2CPT(l)