Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Program sharing on NFS
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Program sharing on NFS Post 302769614 by mirni on Tuesday 12th of February 2013 10:44:44 PM
Old 02-12-2013
Yes you can, this is routinely done.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

sharing of IP address for load sharing avoiding virtual server & redirection machine

I have RedHat 9.0 installed on three of my servers (PIII - 233MHz) and want that they share a common IP address so that any request made reaches each of the servers. Can anyone suggest how should I setup my LAN. I'm new to networking in Linux so please elaborate and would be thankful for a timely... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakesh Ranjan
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Sharing ISO images over NFS

I've got a bunch of application CDs that I use here at home under Wine. They are Windows applications and as such, some of them want to see the volume label in order for the application to run. So... just copying the CD-ROM contents to a directory doesn't work. With that in mind, what I've done... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deckard
1 Replies

3. Linux

Problem in sharing Symlink via NFS

Hi, I have created symlink under /. It is /latest Pointing to /home/users/neel_prog_V1.0. (Note: I have created this symlink so that when version get changed I will need to change only symlink instead of doing changes in /etc/exports.) I have shared this symlink with NFS. in /etc/exports I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: neel.gurjar
0 Replies

4. Web Development

NFS file sharing among web servers

I'm exploring the possibility of load balancing 2 web servers and have both access an NFS share on an NFS server. I'm wondering which types of data would need to reside on the webservers and the NFS server. Would the entire web directory (HTML, CSS, images, documents) all reside in the NFS server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gaspol
1 Replies

5. High Performance Computing

sharing web files via NFS mount

I'm planning to load balance 2 web servers. I'm considering mounting an NFS share between the 2 servers so they can share the data. My question is: does this setup offset some of the benefits of load balancing? although there are 2 web servers, they both still access a single NFS server. Wouldn't... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gaspol
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Problem with nfs sharing, permission denied for writing.

Hi I have a problem with NFS sharing on solaris 10, the problem simply with write permission, after do the following command, the folder still not writable from machine 2 : on machine 1 (10.10.10.32) : share -F nfs -o rw /u01/portalrepository/ on machine 2 (10.10.10.31) : mount -F nfs... (35 Replies)
Discussion started by: Al-Mothafar
35 Replies

7. Solaris

NFS sharing across platforms

Hi, Not sure where to post this, I'm sorry and need suggestion if this is wrong section. we are running NFS Server on Solaris 10 and client box is HP-UX 11.11 (Can't apply latest patches/upgrades as in-house appln. doesn't allow) I am able to mount NFS shares from this Solaris box onto all... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Nfs client mount RPC Error: Program not registered.

Hello, I was having few issues on my linux box, I am getting this error whenever I tried to mount a share on a client linux host. # mount -t nfs 10.10.4.150:/data/pops_sva /mnt mount: mount to NFS server '10.10.4.150' failed: RPC Error: Program not registered. # I see the error and I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sharing a network mount preferably with NFS

Hello, I would like to share a 9p (Plan 9) passthrough/share to a VM via NFS (using a guest as an NFS server to share a directory from the host) At the moment I am getting the error message: 'exportfs: /share does not support NFS export'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scratch
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Single LUN or multiple smaller LUNs for NFS sharing

We are using Solaris 11 Logical Domains. We NFS share a disk backup area from one LDom to other servers. The share is on a single 1.5 Tb LUN presented to the Control Domain, and as a virtual disk on the NFS server LDom. A 1.5 Tb zpool has been created on the LDom. We now need to provide more disk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SallyB
2 Replies
nissetup(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       nissetup(8)

NAME
nissetup, ypsetup - Sets up the Network Information Service (NIS) environment SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/nissetup /usr/sbin/ypsetup DESCRIPTION
The nissetup (formerly ypsetup) script configures and runs NIS on your system. You can use nissetup to initially set up your NIS configura- tion, to change your current NIS configuration, or to remove your NIS configuration. NIS provides a distributed data lookup service for sharing data among networked systems. Before running nissetup, make sure that your system is connected to a local area network and that the network is configured and running. You must know the name of your NIS domain and your system's role in the domain (master server, slave server, or client). Security Note You invoke nissetup from the SysMan Menu. See sysman(8) for more information. When using the nissetup script to set up a NIS server that is running with enhanced security, you must answer yes to the question about locking the domain name and authorized servers (the ypbind -S option). If you are setting up a master server, the server is bound to itself (done by default). If you are setting up a slave server, the server is bound to itself done by default) and optionally to the master server and any other slave servers. If your system will be the master server for your NIS domain, be sure no other master exists for your domain and that the NIS database files are in the /var/yp/src directory. Note Remove the root entry, if it exists, from the passwd database file. If your system be will be a slave server or client, be sure a master server is already set up for your NIS domain. FILES
Specifies the command pathname NIS parameters pertinent to a specific system Default NIS Databases In the /var/yp/src directory, the default databases are: Group database Host database Sendmail alias database Network group aliases data- base Network database Password database Protocol database RPC database Service database SEE ALSO
Commands: domainname(1), ypwhich(1), svcsetup(8), sysman(8), sysman_station(8), ypbind(8), yppasswdd(8), ypserv(8), ypxfr(8) Files: svc.conf(4) Networking: nis_intro(7), nis_manual_setup(7) Network Administration nissetup(8)