Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Sorting and wc -l w.r.t seconds Post 302769499 by Don Cragun on Tuesday 12th of February 2013 01:01:14 PM
Old 02-12-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirwasim
for me its SUNOS
Code:
[wasim]$ cat try.ksh
nawk '{  c[$1]++}
END {   for(h = 0; h <= 23; h++)
                for(m = 0; m <= 59; m++)
                        for(s = 0; s <= 59; s++)
                                if((k = sprintf("%02d:%02d:%02d",h,m,s)) in c)
                                        printf("%s %4d\n", k, c[k])
}' $1

no output
Code:
[wasim]$ try.ksh part1.csv

Do the contents of part1.csv look like the sample input file you supplied in the 1st posting on this thread? (It is unusual to use the .csv filename extension when there are no commas and only one field in your input file.)

Since you don't have a #! line at the start of your script, there is a small chance that this script will be run by ksh, but with this script on a Solaris system, it shouldn't matter.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to get number of seconds

How do I get the number of seconds since 1970, within a script, for the previous day at 23:59? I need this value to pass into a sql statement to cleanup records older than the previous day at midnight. It will be automated via cron so no hard coding allowed. Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: captainzeb
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get lines in 5 seconds

Hello everybody, how i can get how many lines are writed in a file in the last 5 seconds? For ezample i have 'file1' that is filled by a process automatically and i neet to know how many lines with the word 'EXACTO' were filled the last 5 seconds, can somebody help me? I try with: tail -f... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lestat
16 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

check the file every 15 seconds

Hi All, I need a script which does, script check a file every 15 second, if file not exist, it will create a log file. how can I do it ? thanks Alice (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alisevA3
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

seconds to hh:mm:ss

Any sleek way to convert seconds to hh:mm:ss format . I know it can be done by mod and divide . Looking for a one liner if possible . Example 3600 seconds = 01:00:00 3601 seconds = 01:00:01 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akrathi
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

getting time in mili seconds

hi all UNIX Gurus, this is my first post...so i posting this with great expectations:o...hoping to get the similar replies... my question is.... need to get timestamp with millisecond in UNIX. Date command gives Year,month day, hour,minute and second but it does not give millisecond. Any... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bhups
5 Replies

6. HP-UX

Ticks in seconds.

Hello all, Is there any thumb rule or aproximation of the equivalence in second of one tick? Thank you in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mig28mx
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Seconds to hh:mm:ss

Hi All I need to convert a number of fields in a record from seconds to hh:mm:ss ( or possibly hhh:mm:ss ). I'm guessing awk is the way to go . File has multiple records and each record contains 101 fields - can awk handle that ? The seconds values will be in fields 3 - 101 and could be 0. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mudshark
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delay the process for few seconds

Hi, In my shell script, (as per the requirement), I am creating few files, and the processes are launched parallelly . (by using "&" at the end of the command line). As per the logic, I need to remove these files as well, after creating. But, the problem is, due to parallel processing,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jitendriya.dash
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Number of leap seconds

Is there a function call in std library or unit command that returns the number of current leap seconds? GG (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: NAVTime
4 Replies
ucblinks(1B)					     SunOS/BSD Compatibility Package Commands					      ucblinks(1B)

NAME
ucblinks - adds /dev entries to give SunOS 4.x compatible names to SunOS 5.x devices SYNOPSIS
/usr/ucb/ucblinks [-e rulebase] [-r rootdir] DESCRIPTION
ucblinks creates symbolic links under the /dev directory for devices whose SunOS 5.x names differ from their SunOS 4.x names. Where possi- ble, these symbolic links point to the device's SunOS 5.x name rather than to the actual /devices entry. ucblinks does not remove unneeded compatibility links; these must be removed by hand. ucblinks should be called each time the system is reconfiguration-booted, after any new SunOS 5.x links that are needed have been created, since the reconfiguration may have resulted in more compatibility names being needed. In releases prior to SunOS 5.4, ucblinks used a nawk rule-base to construct the SunOS 4.x compatible names. ucblinks no longer uses nawk for the default operation, although nawk rule-bases can still be specifed with the -e option. The nawk rule-base equivalent to the SunOS 5.4 default operation can be found in /usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk. OPTIONS
-e rulebase Specify rulebase as the file containing nawk(1) pattern-action statements. -r rootdir Specify rootdir as the directory under which dev and devices will be found, rather than the standard root directory /. FILES
/usr/ucblib/ucblinks.awk sample rule-base for compatibility links ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWscpu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
devlinks(1M), disks(1M), ports(1M), tapes(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 13 Apr 1994 ucblinks(1B)