Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Why am i getting these strange packets while running my packet capture module written in c.? Post 302769209 by DGPickett on Monday 11th of February 2013 02:06:50 PM
Old 02-11-2013
Maybe not IP packets?

Is it different if you check for ipv6 explicitly?

Last edited by DGPickett; 02-11-2013 at 03:16 PM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to capture multicast packets using snoop

How do I use snoop command to capture multicast packets in the network? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: caden312
1 Replies

2. AIX

Capture Network Packets from AIX

Hi, I am using smitty to create and configure a print queue. I am giving a print of a text file to the print queue created. I am using this in network. How to capture network packets of the print from AIX to the printer and printer to AIX. I tried Wireshark to capture network packets. I am... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: meeraramanathan
16 Replies

3. Infrastructure Monitoring

capture snmp packets in AIX

Hi, I want to capture snmp packets in AIX. When i give print from AIX6.1, Printer will give its response thru' snmp. I used iptrace command like below, but it is not capturing snmp packets other packets are captured like udp, tcp.. 1. iptrace command: /usr/sbin/iptrace -a -i en0... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: meeraramanathan
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

Capture packets (TcpDump) and forwarding them

Hi, I want to capture a certain type of packets (selected according to the protocol) coming to my PC and then transmit them to another PC. I had the idea to use tcpdump to filter input packets and extract those chosen. Well my questions are: 1- after filtering input packets, those that have not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ziedf
1 Replies

5. Programming

Receiving broadcast packets using packet socket

Hello I try to send DHCP RENEW packets to the network and receive the responses. I broadcast the packet and I can see that it's successfully sent using Wireshark. But I have difficulties receiving the responses.I use packet sockets to catch the packets. I can see that there are responses to my... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyzt
0 Replies

6. Programming

packet capture

can anyone tell me how can i capture the packets. i have tried ethernet software to capture them but its not doing what i want it to do it (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dazdseg
1 Replies

7. Programming

Linking Linux Driver written in C with ASM module

Hi, I have got sample linux driver written in C. I got also some assembly code, compiled into .o file (using as compiler). In my Makefile I got: obj-m += someDriver.o someDriver-objs := CFile1.o CFile2.o ASMFile.o default: $(MAKE) -C $(KDIR) SUBDIRS=$(PWD) modulesUnfortunatelly I cannot... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chrisdot
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How many packets can be written into Kernel sockets per second?

Hi, Its been a long time since i programmed a multithreaded application that can do Tx and Rx of datagrams over unix sockets. I well remember that though the threads were efficiently designed to be independent of each other, and was writing to different sockets, there was a limitation ,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: binnyjeshan
0 Replies
ashunt(8)							netsniff-ng-toolkit							 ashunt(8)

NAME
ashunt - Autonomous System (AS) trace route utility SYNOPSIS
ashunt -H|--host <host> -i|-d|--dev <dev> [-6|--ipv6] [-n|--numeric] [-N|--dns] [-f|--init-ttl <ttl>] [-m|--max-ttl <ttl>] [-q|--num-probes] [-x|--timeout <sec>] [-S|--syn] [-A|--ack] [-F|--fin] [-P|--psh] [-U|--urg] [-R|--rst] [-E|--ecn-syn] [-t|--tos <tos>] [-G|--nofrag] [-X|--payload <string>] [-Z|--show-packet] [-l|--totlen <len>] [-w|--whois <server>] [-W|--wport <port>] [--city-db <path>] [--country-db <path>] [-v|--version] [-h|--help] DESCRIPTION
This program provides AS information on each hop between the client and the target host. OPTIONS
ashunt -i eth0 -N -E -H netsniff-ng.org IPv4 trace of AS with TCP ECN SYN probe ashunt -i eth0 -N -S -H netsniff-ng.org IPv4 trace of AS with TCP SYN probe ashunt -i eth0 -N -F -H netsniff-ng.org IPv4 trace of AS with TCP FIN probe ashunt -i eth0 -N -FPU -H netsniff-ng.org IPv4 trace of AS with Xmas probe ashunt -i eth0 -N -H netsniff-ng.org -X "censor-me" -Z IPv4 trace of AS with Null probe with ASCII payload ashunt -6 -S -i eth0 -H netsniff-ng.org IPv6 trace of AS up to netsniff-ng.org OPTIONS
-h|--help Print help text and lists all options. -v|--version Print version. -H|--host <host> Host/IPv4/IPv6 to lookup AS route to i-|-d|--dev <netdev> Networking device, i.e. eth0 -p|--port <port> Hosts port to lookup AS route to -4|--ipv4 Use IPv4 requests (default) -6|--ipv6 Use IPv6 requests -n|--numeric Do not do reverse DNS lookup for hops -N|--dns Do a reverse DNS lookup for hops -f|--init-ttl <ttl> Set initial TTL -m|--max-ttl <ttl> Set maximum TTL (default: 30) -q|--num-probes <num> Number of max probes for each hop (default: 3) -x|--timeout <sec> Probe response timeout in sec (default: 3) -S|--syn Set TCP SYN flag in packets -A|--ack Set TCP ACK flag in packets -F|--fin Set TCP FIN flag in packets -P|--psh Set TCP PSH flag in packets -U|--urg Set TCP URG flag in packets -R|--rst Set TCP RST flag in packets -E|--ecn-syn Send ECN SYN packets (RFC3168) -t|--tos <tos> Set the IP TOS field -w|--whois <server> Use a different AS whois DB server (default: /etc/netsniff-ng/whois.conf) -W|--wport <port> Use a different port to AS whois server (default: /etc/netsniff-ng/whois.conf) --city-db <path> Specifiy path for geoip city database --country-db <path> Specifiy path for geoip country database AUTHOR
Written by Daniel Borkmann <daniel@netsniff-ng.org> DOCUMENTATION
Documentation by Emmanuel Roullit <emmanuel@netsniff-ng.org> BUGS
Please report bugs to <bugs@netsniff-ng.org> 2012-06-29 ashunt(8)