Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Telnet fail
Operating Systems Linux Telnet fail Post 302769082 by mehrdad68 on Monday 11th of February 2013 06:40:19 AM
Old 02-11-2013
Telnet fail

Hi,
I try to telnet to server:

[root@myserver ~]# telnet xx.xxx.1.72 1521
Trying xx.xxx.1.72...
telnet: connect to address xx.xxx.1.72: Connection refused
telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused

iptables is off:

[root@myserver ~]# service iptables status
Firewall is stopped.
[root@myserver ~]#

And I have edit /etc/xinetd.d/telnetd and changed disable to no and restart "/etc/rc.d/init.d/xinetd restart".

[root@myserver ~]# netstat --numeric-ports -l | grep 1521
tcp 0 0 myserver.krb5.dax.net:1521 *:* LISTEN
[root@myserver ~]#

any idia?

Kind Regards
Me

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail fail

I am using the shell script file to send mail by "mailx". I do this by cron job, there is no error found. But it is fail, any suggest to me? How can I resend it automatically? Is there any resend logic by using the mailx? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adela
3 Replies

2. Ubuntu

fail to telnet localhost 106

Hi folks, Ubuntu 7.04 server amd64 On running; $ telnet localhost 106 Trying 127.0.0.1... telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused $ netstat -an | grep 106 $ sudo netstat -an | grep 106 both no printout Pls advise where shall I check and how to fix... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: satimis
22 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Webpage to Telnet via Perl and Expect: Telnet problem?

Somewhat long story: I have a simple Perl CGI script that uses Expect to Telnet to a device and grab some data, and then spits it back to Perl for display on the Webpage. This works for many devices I've tried, but one device just fails, it keeps rejecting the password on this device, only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jondo
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Rename fail

I've a lot of file with an hyphen on filename, so I use rename for remove him ad substitute with an underscore but it fails $ rename 's/\-/\_/' * Unknown option: _ Unknown option: i Unknown option: r Unknown option: e Unknown option: e Unknown option: _ Unknown option: g Unknown... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: cv313x
12 Replies

5. AIX

en0 fail to up.

This is a LPAR that i created earlier. I want to set an IP address to en0 but it failed. Command: failed stdout: yes stderr: no Before command completion, additional instructions may appear below. en0 devdbm01 inet0 changed Method error (/usr/lib/methods/chgif): ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: wingcross
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Automatically login in the telnet from present telnet

Hi, I was writing one script which includes to switch to the another telnet automatically from the present telnet server. I was using rlogin but firstly it takes the same user name of the present telnet and secondly it is prompting for the password. But i want to switch to the another telnet... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prateek
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why does my test fail ??

Hello, I am stuck... i dunno why does my test fail... any idea ? #!/bin/bash dos2unix info.txt Distor=Distributeur LINE=$(cat info.txt | sed -n 1p) echo $LINE echo $Distor echo "" echo "123-$LINE-123" echo "123-$Distor-123" if ; then LINE2=$(cat info.txt | sed -n 2p) echo $Distor... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: patx
14 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference Between Krb5-telnet And Ekrb5-telnet

Hi, I want to know the difference between these two services. Both are under xinetd. Both are used for enabling and disabling Telnet service. So, can somebody please explain me the difference between the two ? Thanks in advance :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashifsd17
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

If Telnet fail abort other command..??

Hi Team, I my script i telent my node ip and after loging i run some commands...But some time login fail so i want to stop script at that time.. CONFIG_CHNG.sh printf 'Please Input Node ID : ' read node node="$node" #exec > node_log_$node.log 2>&1 #set -x >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh Mankar
2 Replies

10. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

Fail to register

After inputted all required fields in registration page, the below message is shown and cannot go on. A required field called Custom Date & Time Formats is missing or has an invalid value. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Unregistered
2 Replies
MOUNT_SMBFS(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					    MOUNT_SMBFS(8)

NAME
mount_smbfs -- mount a shared resource from an SMB file server SYNOPSIS
mount_smbfs [-N] [-o options] [-d mode] [-f mode] [-h] //[domain;][user[:password]@]server[/share] path DESCRIPTION
The mount_smbfs command mounts a share from a remote server using SMB/CIFS protocol. The options are as follows: -N Do not ask for a password. At run time, mount_smbfs reads the ~/Library/Preferences/nsmb.conf file for additional configuration parameters and a password. If no password is found, mount_smbfs prompts for it. -o Options passed to mount(2) are specified with the -o option followed by a comma separated string of options. See the mount(8) man page for possible options and their meanings. Additional options supported by the mount_smbfs are as follows: nobrowse Indicate to the Carbon subsystem that this volume is not to be displayed to the user. automounted Set flags on the mountpoint to indicate that the volume has been mounted by the automounter. nostreams Don't use NTFS Streams even if they are supported by the server. soft Make the mount soft. Fail file system calls after a number of seconds. nonotification Turn off using notifications for this volume. -f mode, -d mode Specify permissions that should be assigned to files and directories. The values must be specified as octal numbers. Default value for the file mode is taken from mount point, default value for the directory mode adds execute permission where the file mode gives read permission. Note that these permissions can differ from the rights granted by SMB server. -h Prints a help message, much like the SYNOPSIS above. //[domain;][user[password]@] server[/share] The mount_smbfs command will use server as the NetBIOS name of remote computer, user as the remote user name and share as the resource name on a remote server. Domain and/or password may be specified here. If user is omitted the logged in user id will be used. Omitting share is an error when mount_smbfs is run from the command line, otherwise a browsing dialogue is presented. path Path to mount point. FILES
nsmb.conf Keeps static parameters for connections and other information. See man nsmb.conf for details. EXAMPLES
This example shows the proper url to use to mount the share PUBLIC from the SMB server myserver : mkdir /smb/public mount -t smbfs //username:userpass@myserver/PUBLIC /smb/public This example shows the proper url to use to mount the share PUBLIC from the SMB server myserver as guest: mkdir /smb/public mount -t smbfs //guest:@myserver/PUBLIC /smb/public Note: You should always use the system mount command and never call mount_smbfs directly. SEE ALSO
mount(2), nsmb.conf(5), mount(8), umount(8) BUGS
Please report bugs to Apple. AUTHORS
Boris Popov <bp@butya.kz>, <bp@FreeBSD.org> FreeBSD March 10, 2000 FreeBSD