Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SFTP Command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SFTP Command Post 302769005 by fpmurphy on Monday 11th of February 2013 04:03:01 AM
Old 02-11-2013
Consider switching to scp as it has a -p flag that will attempt to preserve mtime and atime.
This User Gave Thanks to fpmurphy For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Specify password in SFTP command

Hi, How can I specify a password on the scp command line so that it should not prompt for the password? Shabu (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shabu
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp command

Hello folks i want to know hoaw can i automate sftp command. When i am execute the script it sftp connect to host and ask for the password but i want password also to be supplied in batfile .It should not ask password on console . sftp -b batfile user@hostip (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kojo
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using Macros in sftp command

Hi, I've some existing scripts wherein am using ftp + .netrc. I've defined my macros in .netrc file. I want to switch to sftp now but it seems it doesn't support macros and .netrc and it gives "command invalid" error. Is there any other alternative? Note: I don't want help for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ps51517
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with command sftp

Hi, I am entering this line in a .sh sftp -b operacionesftp.batch ${USER_FTP_SALIDA}@${FTP_SALIDA} but it seems to take only "b" and not "-b" may be due to? Greetings. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pepeli30
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP-how to log individual sftp command error while executing shell script

Hi, I have situation where i need to automate transferring 10000+ files using sftp. while read line do if ; then echo "-mput /home/student/Desktop/folder/$line/* /cygdrive/e/folder/$line/">>sftpCommand.txt fi done< files.txt sftp -b sftpCommand.txt stu@192.168.2.1 The above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noobrobot
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

Sftp command not working

What is wrong with this sftp command being used in one line: sftp /Data/SEmisstn.gz lsmsadit@144.226.213.23:/test/lsms.SEmisstn.gz The ssh key is already setup. The node is valid and i can ssh to it as well as do a manual step by step sftp to the server. However, for some odd reason, i... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Batch SFTP command Help

I need to run a test SFTP command in a batch mode and what I need to prompt my password after the sftp userid@hostname. I do not have have an ssh key exchanged between my server and the external server. I only have access to it as an sftp server. I must enter my password in my script. How do i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Question about SFTP command

Hi All, This is JCL that contain command script to copy file to destionation (UNIX) I have 2 questions. ********* //NATTOUT1 JOB ACCL,'XXXXYYYY',CLASS=A,MSGCLASS=X, // NOTIFY=&SYSUID,REGION=0M,USER=SFTPXXX // SET... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: getandput
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing -f with rm command in sftp

Is there any way I can pass -f with rm command in sftp? If I use it it treats -f as a file name to be removed. sftp> rm -f abcd Couldn't stat remote file: No such file or directory Removing /home/sdesai/-f Couldn't delete file: No such file or directory sftp> "rm -f" abcd Invalid... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soham
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp ls command

Hi Team, i need to capture the file creation date and time ,but i tried ls -l only working . Cloud please help me to display year month data and time. Thanks, Murali (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bmk123
1 Replies
CURLOPT_FILETIME(3)					     curl_easy_setopt options					       CURLOPT_FILETIME(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_FILETIME - get the modification time of the remote resource SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_FILETIME, long gettime); DESCRIPTION
Pass a long. If it is 1, libcurl will attempt to get the modification time of the remote document in this operation. This requires that the remote server sends the time or replies to a time querying command. The curl_easy_getinfo(3) function with the CURLINFO_FILETIME(3) argu- ment can be used after a transfer to extract the received time (if any). DEFAULT
0 PROTOCOLS
HTTP, FTP, SFTP, FILE EXAMPLE
curl = curl_easy_init(); if(curl) { curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_URL, url); /* Ask for filetime */ curl_easy_setopt(curl, CURLOPT_FILETIME, 1L); res = curl_easy_perform(curl); if(CURLE_OK == res) { res = curl_easy_getinfo(curl, CURLINFO_FILETIME, &filetime); if((CURLE_OK == res) && (filetime >= 0)) { time_t file_time = (time_t)filetime; printf("filetime %s: %s", filename, ctime(&file_time)); } } /* always cleanup */ curl_easy_cleanup(curl); } AVAILABILITY
Always, for SFTP since 7.49.0 RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK SEE ALSO
curl_easy_getinfo(3), libcurl 7.54.0 April 03, 2017 CURLOPT_FILETIME(3)