Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Calculation of column both horizontally and vertically Post 302768991 by nikhil jain on Monday 11th of February 2013 02:35:48 AM
Old 02-11-2013
hi Jotne

I checked out ur script....
but it aint working fine... there is some mis match with the o/p... I cross checked in excel...
thanks for the try....

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print a horizontal word vertically.

Say I have the word: zinger I want to change it to print z i n g e r This is for a sorting algorithm that I am testing out. I will then use sort on the vertical and change it back to horizontal printing using tr. Once it is horizontal again, I can compare that sorted jumble... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: JimJ
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending two files vertically

Hi Need ur help for the below question. I have two files File-1 & File-2. File-1(This is a fixed file i.e. the content of this file is not going to change over a period of time) ------ a b c d e File-2 (This is a file which changes daily but the record count remains the same)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 46019
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in reading a file horizontally and printing vertically

Hi Every body, I have file which has enttries, with each 5 entries as a set of entries, I would like to read the file (line by line) and print five entries of a set vertically, the next entry should come in the next line. Example: cat sample_file I am a Unix Adminsitrator new to shell... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aruveiv
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL output vertically aligned?

I used the SQL query (taken from other threads here) to get the expected values to be written into a file. myQuery=`sqlplus -s cr_appsrvr/appsrvr@qwi << EndofFile set heading off; set tab off; set wrap off; set pages 0; set feedback off; SELECT CLEARINGHOUSE_TRACE_NUM, INSURED_ID FROM... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: swame_sp
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting characters vertically

I do have a big file in the following format >A1 ATGCGG >A2 TCATGC >A3 -TGCTG The number of characters will be same under each subheader and only possible characters are A,T,G,C and - I want to count the number of A's, T's,G's, C's & -'s vertically for all the positions so that I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i add horizontally??

1.04/1.05:ELA=20000,POLLK=35000,RH=5000,MH=7000,WH=4359 1.7:ELA=2000,POLLK=2000,RH=2000,MH=2000,WH=607 1.9:ELA=2000,POLLK=2000,RH=2000,MH=2000,WH=396 2.0:POLLK=6000,WENS=10000,ELA=7789 I have this above content where in i wan the total of the every row i.e. ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep Delimited Line and Display Vertically

Hello All, I am trying to take a colon-delimited line from a bunch of lines such as apple:green:5cents:CA apple:red:4cents:FL orange:green:6cents:HI ...and display it vertically with label prefixes such as the following; Fruit: apple Color: green Price: 5cents Origin: CA So... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: techieg
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiple Column Calculation

Hallo Team, I need you you help. I need to sum up all the columns in a .csv file. Lets call the file file1.csv and it looks like below: $ cat file1.csv... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kekanap
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Lookup horizontally and vertically and calculate counts

Hello, Please help create the following report. I have a matrix - S1 S2 S3 S4 M1 AA AA TT - M2 AG AG AA GG M3 GG TT - - a first lookup table M3 chr7 4.456 M1 chr7 28.9 M2 chr8 129.678 a second lookup table S1 GGHBBGG/DEDD(@DCCD) (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jianp83
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Orienting select choices vertically

From my script #!/bin/bash echo "Which of these does not belong in the group?"; \ select choice in Mercedes Audi Chevrolet Audi Porsche BMW Volkswagen; do if ]; then echo "Correct! Chevrolet is not a German marque."; break; fi echo "Errr...no. Try again." doneI'm... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xubuntu56
3 Replies
ttk_image(n)							 Tk Themed Widget						      ttk_image(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ttk_image - Define an element based on an image SYNOPSIS
ttk::style element create name image imageSpec ?options? _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The image element factory creates a new element in the current theme whose visual appearance is determined by Tk images. imageSpec is a list of one or more elements. The first element is the default image name. The rest of the list is a sequence of statespec / value pairs specifying other images to use when the element is in a particular state or combination of states. OPTIONS
Valid options are: -border padding padding is a list of up to four integers, specifying the left, top, right, and bottom borders, respectively. See IMAGE STRETCHING, below. -height height Specifies a minimum height for the element. If less than zero, the base image's height is used as a default. -padding padding Specifies the element's interior padding. Defaults to -border if not specified. -sticky spec Specifies how the image is placed within the final parcel. spec contains zero or more characters "n", "s", "w", or "e". -width width Specifies a minimum width for the element. If less than zero, the base image's width is used as a default. IMAGE STRETCHING
If the element's allocated parcel is larger than the image, the image will be placed in the parcel based on the -sticky option. If the image needs to stretch horizontally (i.e., -sticky ew) or vertically (-sticky ns), subregions of the image are replicated to fill the par- cel based on the -border option. The -border divides the image into 9 regions: four fixed corners, top and left edges (which may be tiled horizontally), left and right edges (which may be tiled vertically), and the central area (which may be tiled in both directions). EXAMPLE
set img1 [image create photo -file button.png] set img2 [image create photo -file button-pressed.png] set img3 [image create photo -file button-active.png] style element create Button.button image [list $img1 pressed $img2 active $img3] -border {2 4} -sticky we SEE ALSO
ttk::intro(n), ttk::style(n), ttk_vsapi(n), image(n), photo(n) KEYWORDS
style, theme, appearance, pixmap theme, image Tk 8.5 ttk_image(n)