Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Grep words with spaces and save the output Post 302768501 by DGPickett on Friday 8th of February 2013 04:45:44 PM
Old 02-08-2013
Code:
while read i
do
i2=$( echo "$i" | tr ' ' '_' )
grep -i "$i" schedule >> "$i2"
done < teams

Last edited by DGPickett; 02-11-2013 at 10:25 AM.. Reason: Change spaces in file name to _

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How do I print(save) words to postscript?

It should be pretty simple but I'm just new to IDL and am workling through the command line and scripts(program.pro). If I want to save words to the bottom of a .ps file that I am putting a few plots in what should written in my code. set_plot works for plots but apparently not words. Print... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: luked
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retaining spaces between words

Retaining Spaces within a word -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hi Experts, I have a 2 GB flat file which have unicode field, some of them are blanks and its size is 4000 character. In the existing system SED command removes the spaces.... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: RcR
7 Replies

3. Programming

Counting characters, words, spaces, punctuations, etc.

I am very new to C programming. How could I write a C program that could count the characters, words, spaces, and punctuations in a text file? Any help will be really appreciated. I am doing this as part of my C learning exercise. Thanks, Ajay (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajay41aj
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save cURL verbose output to file or do it like browser "save as.."

hi there ! i have exactly the same problem like this guy here https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/127668-getting-curl-output-verbose-file.html i am not able to save the curl verbose output.. the sollution in this thread (redirecting stderr to a file) does not work for me.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: crabmeat
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can save output?

I make shell script by use "if" statement, what should add it to shell script save which I enter it in output file txt? ---------- Post updated at 08:27 AM ---------- Previous update was at 05:59 AM ---------- I mean like this echo "enter your name" read name # now i when start... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Oman_Member
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert varying length spaces between words

Hey all, Fist post, so be kind... I have written an expect script which logs into a terminal and gathers several screens of information. Unfortunately the log file gives me all the special escape and control characters from the terminal. I am hoping to use a combination of shell scripting, sed,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mpacer
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep words from output file

Hi, By using shell scripit i have save output in one file. I want to grep two words named CLUSTER and CLUSQMGR from that output file. How to grep that. output file would be having below words TYPE(QCLUSTER) ALTDATE(2010-05-17) CLUSTER(QS.CL.MFT1) ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: darling
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenating words without spaces.

Hi All, I have written a C program to solve this problem but I am eager to know whether the same output can be obtained using sed or awk? This is the input: star ferry computer symbol prime time This is the output: starferry ferrycomputer computersymbol symbolprime primetime (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove spaces from between words that are in a field

Hi all, Is there a sed/awk cmd that will remove blank space from between words in a particular field, replacing with a single space? Field containing 'E's in the example below: Example input file: AAAAA AA|BBBB|CCCCCCC|DDDDDD |EEEE EEEEEE| FFF FFFFF| ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dendright
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Save value from output of Corestat and save in a list for each core

I am trying to modify the "corestat v1.1" code which is in Perl.The typical output of this code is below: Core Utilization CoreId %Usr %Sys %Total ------ ----- ----- ------ 5 4.91 0.01 4.92 6 0.06 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zam_1234
0 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3)