Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replicate remote directory to local directory with ftp Post 302768461 by hicksd8 on Friday 8th of February 2013 03:05:24 PM
Old 02-08-2013
Any progress with this?

You can use 'find' to select the required files based on timestamp, create a ftp command file, and then execute ftp transfer.

Do you want example code?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

[FTP]opying of file from remote to local machine

Hi All, i wannna copy a file from the remote machine to my local machine using FTP protocol. i have made a connection to the remote machine , then i used the "get" cmd to copy the remote file as below :-> ftp> get (remote-file) /home/aruba/opmtools/was50/Was5Install.doc (local-file)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sonbag_pspl
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with ftp- how to check if the remote directory exists.?

I am trying to initiate a ftp session from my shell script in the following way. In my script, as per my requirements i am writing the required ftp commands to a file and then I am using this file to carry out the ftp process. for example temp.txt will contain cd /home/user/mydir append... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anijan
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Scp from local to external directory

Hi, I am trying to copy a whole directory from my home /RUN1 to the external directory jorgensen@hal.oerc.ox.ac.uk:/home/compchem/jorgensen/simulations The command I have used is: scp -r jorgensen@hal.oerc.ox.ac.uk:/home/compchem/jorgensen/simulations The error message I get is: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisjorg
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replicate one directory with another

I have a dir as /library/utility/apache-tomcat/tbase-6001/repositories which has many huge directories and files. I am planning to replicate it to another folder /library/utility/apache-tomcat/tbase2008-6001/repositories Normal copy command is taking a hell lot of time and getting hung in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to transfer file from Local PC to Unix Directory without FTP!!!

Dear Friends, How to transfer files from my local PC to Unix directory without using FTP. Scenario: Transfer/Upload a file from PC to unix using web browser without using FTP technologies. I heard something like sendunix and sendpc used to transfer files from unix to Desktop and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kk_c2il2
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP files from different directory from remote server to one directory in local

Hi All, I want to search for .log files from folders and sub folders in remote server and FTP them to one particular folder in the local machine. I dont want to copy the entire directory tree structure, just have to take all the .log files from all the folders by doing a recursive search from the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dassv
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File listing from remote to local directory

Hello, I have a file at remote server. I have to select only current day's files that are dropped on ftp server. The files do not have date or timestamp on them. so I plan to get the file listing from remote server to the local server. Based on file listing date I can find out when the files... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pavan_test
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to transfer file from Local PC to UNIX Directory without FTP?

Dear All, i am trying to get the file from windows location to unix location without using FTP and neither thru entering the user id and password. I have one unix form which is running on web application and user is entering the location and file name there now i know the file name and path. So i... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripudaman.singh
8 Replies

9. Solaris

Ftp a directory to another server from the local server what is the command

ftp a directory to another server from the local server what is the command (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: PMoore
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to ssh and list files in local directory from remote.

#!/bin/bash script_work_dir="/home/websys/TEST_dpi_42_file_trnsfer_engine/PORT22/script_work_area" script_config_dir="/home/websys/TEST_dpi_42_file_trnsfer_engine/PORT22/script_config" dpi_sourceServerList=$script_config_dir"/dpi_sourceServerList" dpi_srvr_42="rtm@1.1.1.1"... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
8 Replies
ftp::geturl(n)							    ftp client							    ftp::geturl(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
ftp::geturl - Uri handler for ftp urls SYNOPSIS
package require Tcl 8.2 package require ftp::geturl ?0.2.1? ::ftp::geturl url _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
This package provides a command which wraps around the client side of the ftp protocol provided by package ftp to allow the retrieval of urls using the ftp schema. API
::ftp::geturl url This command can be used by the generic command ::uri::geturl (See package uri) to retrieve the contents of ftp urls. Internally it uses the commands of the package ftp to fulfill the request. The contents of a ftp url are defined as follows: file The contents of the specified file itself. directory A listing of the contents of the directory in key value notation where the file name is the key and its attributes the asso- ciated value. link The attributes of the link, including the path it refers to. BUGS, IDEAS, FEEDBACK This document, and the package it describes, will undoubtedly contain bugs and other problems. Please report such in the category ftp of the Tcllib SF Trackers [http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=12883]. Please also report any ideas for enhancements you may have for either package and/or documentation. SEE ALSO
ftpd, mime, pop3, smtp KEYWORDS
ftp, internet, net, rfc 959 ftp 0.2.1 ftp::geturl(n)