Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Fixed width file comparision not working Post 302768171 by onesuri on Friday 8th of February 2013 05:41:47 AM
Old 02-08-2013
Quote:
i am unable to provide the information on the actual data.
i am unable to find the diff/cmp to give the exact value mismatch in fixed width file.Currently each row length 2500 characters.

i need to see the difference exactly where it is the problem
row length -2500 charters.

if i get the difference and print the value where it is mismatched with the value

sample file info with length of the row 10
file1
file2

i want to print only the difference is like this
file1- 9
file2- 0

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Fixed Width file using AWK

I am using the following command at the Unix prompt to make my 'infile' into a fixed width file of 100 characters. awk '{printf "%-100s\n",$0}' infile > outfile However, there are some records with a special character "©" These records are using 3 characters in place of one and my record... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alok.benjwal
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding delimiter to a fixed width file

Hi , I have a file : CSCH74000.00 CSCH74000.00 CSCH74100.00 CSCH74000.00 CSCH74100.00 CSCH74000.00 CSCH74000.00 CSCH74100.00 CSCH74100.00 CSCH74100.00 I have to put a delimiter( say comma) in between after 6th character: CSCH74,000.00 CSCH74,000.00 CSCH74,100.00 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumeet
2 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Help with Fixed width File Parsing

I am trying to parse a Fixed width file with data as below. I am trying to assign column values from each record to variables. When I parse the data, the spaces in all coumns are dropped. I would like to retain the spaces as part of the dat stored in the variables. Any help is appreciated. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sate911
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

summing up the fields in fixed width file

Hi, I have a fixed width file with some records as given below: " 1000Nalsdjflj243324jljlj" "-0300Njfowjljl309933fsf" " 0010Njsfsjklj342344fsl" I want to sum-up first field values(i.e from 2nd character to 6th character)of each record. so for the above file i want to add (1000 - 300+... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srilaxmi
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fixed-Width file from Oracle

Hi All, I have created a script which generates FIXED-WIDTH file by executing Oracle query. SELECT RPAD(NVL(col1,CHR(9)),20)||NVL(col2,CHR(9))||NVL(col3,CHR(9) FROM XYZ It generates the data file with proper alignment. But if same file i transfer to windows server or Mainframe... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two fixed width file

Hi Guys I am checking the treads to get the answer but i am not able to get the answer for my question. I have two files. First file is a pattern file and the second file is the file i want to search in it. Output will be the lines from file2. File1: P2797f12af 44751228... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: anshul_er
10 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Length of a fixed width file

I have a fixed width file of length 53. when is try to get the lengh of the record of that file i get 2 different answers. awk '{print length;exit}' <File_name> The above code gives me length 50. wc -L <File_name> The above code gives me length 53. Please clarify on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amrutha24
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Alter Fixed Width File

Thank u so much .Its working fine as expected. ---------- Post updated at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:46 PM ---------- I need one more help. I have another file(fixed length) that will get negative value (ex:-00000000003000) in postion (98 - 112) then i have to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinus
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace using awk on fixed width file.

All, I used to use following command to replace specific location in a fixed width file. Recently looks like my command stopped working as intended. We are on AIX unix. awk 'function repl(s,f,t,v) { return substr(s,1,f-1) sprintf("%-*s", t-f+1, v) substr(s,t+1) } NR<=10 {... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
3 Replies

10. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

Fixed width file issue and resolutions

I have a fixed width file with no separators , but the file has JUNK characters in it and i know how to remove it. but in few cases these junk characters having created a mess by splitting single row into 2 or 3 rows. I need to put them back to a single line like rest of the rows. This fixed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: santoshkm
2 Replies
GENSAMPLE(1)							   User Commands						      GENSAMPLE(1)

NAME
gensample - Generates a virtual sample suitable for sequence simulation in ODIN DESCRIPTION
gensample: Generates a virtual sample suitable for sequence simulation in ODIN Usage and options: Create a sample from external maps: gensample -fr <FOVread> -fp <FOVphase> -fs <FOVslice> -s0 <spin-density> [-t1 <T1map>] [-t2 <T2map>] [-pm <ppmMap>] [-ir <inplane-reduc- tion>] [-ss <single-slice number>] [-fr <comma-separated-list of frame-rates>] -o <Sample-file> Create a point-spread function: gensample -psf -t1 <point T1> -t2 <point T2> [-dc <DiffusionCoeff>] -o <Sample-file> Create rectangle of uniform spin distribution about origin in all 3 spatial dimensions: gensample -uni -n <size> -f <FOV> [-t1 <uniform T1>] [-t2 <uniform T2>] -o <Sample-file> Create an isochromat distribution: gensample -iso -n <size> -df <freq-distribution-width[kHz]> -t1 <point T1> -t2 <point T2> [-dc <point Dcoeff>] -o <Sample-file> Create a homogenous disk with given radius: gensample -dsk -n <size> -f <FOV> -R <radius> [-t1 <uniform T1>] [-t2 <uniform T2>] [-dc <uniform DiffusionCoeff>] -o <Sample-file> Create coaxial cylinder: gensample -cyl -n <size> -f <FOV> -Xi <inner-suscept[ppm]> -Xo <outer-suscept[ppm]> -Ri <inner-radius> -Ro <outer-radius> [-t1 <uni- form T1> -t2 <uniform T2> -sl <single-line>] -o <Sample-file> Other options: -v <loglevel> or <component:loglevel> for debugging/tracing all components or a single component, respectively. Possible values for loglevel are: 0(noLog), 1(errorLog), 2(warningLog), 3(infoLog). -h, --help, -help, --version : Print help text or version information gensample 1.8.5 March 2012 GENSAMPLE(1)