Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware How to identify virtual/physic disk path on X4100? Post 302768115 by zazzybob on Friday 8th of February 2013 03:36:05 AM
Old 02-08-2013
As you're experiencing errors across both disks now, are you sure it isn't a controller issue? Presuming the server is still under support you should get Oracle to look at it ASAP.

Run prtdiag too - this usually lets you see the status of LEDs without having to physically inspect the server.

The fact that raidctl is hanging leads me to believe this could be controller related.
This User Gave Thanks to zazzybob For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

identify free disk spaces

Hi experts, I need to determine if I have 4GB free space on my UNix server? Is there a way that I can do it instead of executing df -k . in each folder? Thanks for your help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tads98
3 Replies

2. Solaris

Physically identify hard disk.

Hi, I have a failed hard disk in my Sun Fire V240. Unfortunately it does not show up in 'cfgadm -al' or in the format command so I cannot unconfigure it and illuminate the blue light on the front to identify it. Is there any way of iluminating the blue lights on the other disks so I can at... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
3 Replies

3. AIX

Filesystem with Virtual Disk

HI All i have been assigned a task to create new filesystem with virtual disk but i look into server there is no virtual disk avialable, how do i check the virtual disk in a server or how do i configure virtual disk. please help me out on this issue. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gulamibrahim
2 Replies

4. Linux

C++ Code to Access Linux Hard Disk Sectors (with a LoopBack Virtual Hard Disk)

Hi all, I'm kind of new to programming in Linux & c/c++. I'm currently writing a FileManager using Ubuntu Linux(10.10) for Learning Purposes. I've got started on this project by creating a loopback device to be used as my virtual hard disk. After creating the loop back hard disk and mounting it... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: shen747
23 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Identify failed disk in Linux RAID

Good Evening, 2 years ago, I set up an Ubuntu file-server for a friend, who is a photograph amateur. Basically, the server offers a software RAID-5 that can be accessed remotely from a MAC. Unfortunately, I didn't labeled the hard drives (i.e. which physical drive corresponds to the /dev/sdX... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Loic Domaigne
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to go about resizing the virtual disk?

Hi guys , We are running machines in virtual environment. As a part of virtual solution we have a disk created in form of files on host machine. The problem is we are facing space crunch and need to re size the harddisk files of virtual machines. There a catch the virtual machines are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
0 Replies

7. Web Development

Apache Virtual Path

Say there is a certain path I wish to always load the same page. So if they go to somesite.com/a/b/c, it always goes to myscript.php and fed a/b/c as a server variable. I'm fairly sure this is possible but cannot remember the term it's called, and so cannot find it in web searches or... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Corona688
7 Replies

8. Hardware

Identify Hard Disk interface

Hi, I have broken my laptop hard drive so I would like to put it in an external box to backup my documents. I have a doubt whether the interface of the hard disk is sata or ide. Inside notes attached, is reported "controller SATA AHCI" but on the model section is given IDE hard disk ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nash83
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify full path in argument

I have a small script to send copies of files to another computer used for tests but in the same location:pwd=`pwd` for i in "$@" do echo "rcp -p $i comp-2:$pwd/$i" rcp -p $i comp-2:$pwd/$i echo "Finished with $i" doneIs there a way I can check the parameter to see if it is a full... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbport
5 Replies

10. Solaris

How to identify if disk is attached to SAN and assist in migration.?

I am working on VM host and collecting data to identify the type of storage attached to the server which will be migrated to VNX. it has one ldom created on it luxadm probe output --- No Network Array enclosures found in /dev/es Found Fibre Channel device(s): Node... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpatel786
7 Replies
prtdiag(1M)                                                                                                                            prtdiag(1M)

NAME
prtdiag - display system diagnostic information SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/prtdiag [-v] [-l] prtdiag displays system configuration and diagnostic information on sun4u and sun4v systems. The diagnostic information lists any failed field replaceable units (FRUs) in the system. The interface, output, and location in the directory hierarchy for prtdiag are uncommitted and subject to change in future releases. prtdiag does not display diagnostic information and environmental status when executed on the Sun Enterprise 10000 server. See the /var/opt/SUNWssp/adm/${SUNW_HOSTNAME}/messages file on the system service processor (SSP) to obtain such information for this server. The following options are supported: -l Log output. If failures or errors exist in the system, output this information to syslogd(1M) only. -v Verbose mode. Displays the time of the most recent AC Power failure, and the most recent hardware fatal error information, and (if applicable) environmental status. The hardware fatal error information is useful to repair and manufacturing for detailed diagnos- tics of FRUs. The following exit values are returned: 0 No failures or errors are detected in the system. 1 Failures or errors are detected in the system. 2 An internal prtdiag error occurred, for example, out of memory. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWkvm | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Unstable* | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ *The output is unstable. modinfo(1M), prtconf(1M), psrinfo(1M), sysdef(1M), syslogd(1M), attributes(5), openprom(7D) NOTES
Not all diagnostic and system information is available on every Solaris platforn, and therefore cannot be displayed by prtdiag. On those platforms, further information can be obtained from the System Controller. 29 Aug 2005 prtdiag(1M)