Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Mail issue
Operating Systems Solaris Mail issue Post 302768095 by GP81 on Friday 8th of February 2013 03:02:48 AM
Old 02-08-2013
Add mailhost with correct IP to your /etc/hosts

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail Issue

I am trying to send mail to a pager. I am able to send e-mails to other systems, but this is not sending the message through. The page works but the text message is not displayed. Does anyone see anything wrong with this syntax or have any ideas. We are using Unix 5.2 on an RS6000 box. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Barb
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Currupt Mail issue in sendmail

I am using sendmail on salaris 9. This server gets a heavy load of emails as big as 100 mb. i nedd suggestion on two issues.1st what can be the most common reason for frequent mail cuurption. 2nd how to fix a currupt email. the method i know is vi and deltting the lines till From is the 1st word of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mazharhasan
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in mail sending process

Hi I created one CSV file and i need to append some message in the content of my mail. $sales=sales.dat $sales_csv=sales.csv $sales_report=sales.txt this is the command am using it. echo "sales for `date`"| read subject uuencode $sales $sales_csv | mailx -ms "${subject}."... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobprabhu
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with mail attachment

Hi Unix Gurus, Need your help regarding a weird issue that I'm facing. I have an automated unix script that sends out PGP encrypted reports/feeds to our users as mail attahments. Every thing has been going well and all the users have no issues except one, who instead of getting the attachment,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunsoman80
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Send mail issue.

Hi Gurus, I have moved one of my servers(Sol-9) to client site and have an issue trying to send mails from their site through SMTP server in my site. I get the below error when my server forwards mails to the SMTP server in another domain. root: mailx -v hari.ganesh@fnis.com Subject: test... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

mail issue

Hi Friends, I wrote one shell script which will send some emails to the customers. I am using the "mail" command on the script to send the mails. As my hostname is "test.xxxx.com" and the username is "noreply", the sender address will become noreply@test.xxxx.com. As test.xxxx.com is not a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arumon
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

issue in mail command

I have used the mail command from the command line for sending mail from one machine to anther machine. Example: mail -s "Test" thillaselvan@xxx.co.in Testing But the mail is not getting received. I have checked the logs in the following file. tail -f /var/log/exim4/mainlog It is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thillai_selvan
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Server Mail Issue

Solaris server does not receive email from other servers any more. For example, If we send mail from server A to server B, mail is not reaching server B and there is no message or warning about failure of sending mail in server A. What may be the issue of this? Thankyou in advance!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: learner46
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail sending issue

I have a script to run root commands on my server namely (alpha), If this commands run successfully I need to mail to myuser@domain.com I need the email to be from alpha@domain.com not from root@alpha.com, Is there a way to do this while I'm running the script as a root # cat myscript ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sara_84
2 Replies
mailq(1)							   User Commands							  mailq(1)

NAME
mailq - print the mail queue SYNOPSIS
/usr/bin/mailq [-Ac] [-q subarg] [-v] DESCRIPTION
The mailq utility displays a summary of the mail messages queued for future delivery. The first line displayed for each mail message shows the internal identifier used on this host for the message, the size of the message in bytes, the date and time the message was accepted into the queue, and the envelope sender of the message. The second line of the display shows the error message that caused this message to be retained in the queue. This line will not be displayed if the message is being pro- cessed for the first time. The mailq utility used to be identical to sendmail -bp. Now it checks for the authorization attribute, solaris.mail.mailq. If the check for the invoking user succeeds, sendmail -bp is executed with the remaining argument vector. Otherwise, an error message is printed. This authorization attribute is by default enabled for all users. It can be disabled by modifying the Basic Solaris User entry in prof_attr(4). OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -Ac Like sendmail(1M), this flag tells mailq to use submit.cf rather than sendmail.cf even if the operation mode does not indicate an initial mail submission. This will result in the client queue /var/spool/clientmqueue being displayed rather than the default server queue /var/spool/mqueue. -qp[time] Similar to -qtime, except that instead of periodically forking a child to process the queue, sendmail forks a single per- sistent child for each queue that alternates between processing the queue and sleeping. The sleep time is given as the argument. The sleep time default is 1 second. The process will always sleep at least 5 seconds if the queue was empty in the previous queue run. -qf Processes saved messages in the queue once and does not fork(), but runs in the foreground. -qG name Processes jobs in the queue group called name only. -q[!]I substr Limits processed jobs to those containing substr as a substring of the queue id, or not when ! is specified. -q[!]R substr Limits processed jobs to those containing substr as a substring of one of the recipients, or not when ! is specified. -q[!]S substr Limits processed jobs to those containing substr as a substring of the sender, or not when ! is specified. -v Prints verbose information. This adds the priority of the message and a single character indicator (+ or blank) indicating whether a warning message has been sent on the first line of the message. Additionally, extra lines may be intermixed with the recipients that indicate the "controlling user" information. This shows who will own any programs that are executed on behalf of this message and the name of the alias this command is expanded from, if any. EXIT STATUS
0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. FILES
/etc/security/prof_attr local source for execution profile attributes /var/spool/mqueue default server queue /var/spool/clientmqueue client queue ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWsndmu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sendmail(1M), prof_attr(4), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 10 Jul 2002 mailq(1)