Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk issue while reading from file in while do Post 302768017 by Yoda on Thursday 7th of February 2013 11:47:39 PM
Old 02-08-2013
I repeat, use IFS
Code:
while IFS=";" read DBNAME USERNAME PASSWORD
do
  echo "${USERNAME}/${PASSWORD}@${DBNAME}"
done < dblist.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Issue reading csv file

HI All I have csv file containing the data like this Electrical Equipment,ElecEquip "Engineering, Machinery & Equipment",Engineerin Entertainment & Broadcasting,Entertain The first and third record are fine,The issue with second records as it has comma enclosed with in inverted... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohdtausifsh
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

issue on reading the file and appending date

Hi Am having issue on appending time stamp I know the exact file names in the directory like a.dat b.dat c.dat e.dat f.dat I want to read all these file names and append the timestamp to each files like a.dat.20090604,b.dat.20090604 and move to the different directory. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobprabhu
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk to when reading a file to search and output to file

Hi, I am not sure if this will work or not. I am getting a syntax error. I am reading fileA, using an acct number field trying to see if it exists in fileB and output to new file. Can anyone tell me if what I am doing will work or should I attempt it another way? Thanks. exec < "${fileA}... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ski
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a file several times with awk

Hi everyone, I was wondering if it's possible to read a file ("file2" in my example) more than once. In this example I want to print file2 entirely for each lines of file1: awk -F$'\t' '{ print $0 while ((getline < "file2") > 0) { print "\t"$0 } }' file1 It... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anthony.cros
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX File handling -Issue in reading a file

I have been doing automation of daily check activity for a server, i have been using sqls to retrive the data and while loop for reading the data from the file for several activities. BUT i got a show stopper the below one.. where the data is getting store in $temp_file, but not being read by while... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KuldeepSinghTCS
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk- reading input file twice

Hello, I've been trying to come up with a solution for the following problem; I have an input file with two columns and I want to print as an output the first column without any changes but for the second column, I want to divide it by its last value. Example input: 1 9 2 10 3 11 4 12 5... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: acsg
14 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk file reading doubt

Hi, Using this trivial code, I am trying to insert/paste the single column data of a file into the second column (field 2) of a multi-column text file. awk 'FNR==NR {a=$0; next} {$1=$1 OFS a}1' single-column-file multi-column-file Lets consider the single-column-file as 'f2' and multi-column... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading file awk or while

While read line query !!! Folks, I am working on a file which has entries as follows. I am using while read line to generate desired output as follows. filename1: Name : sdt2156157_ID NOS : 4567 NOS : 2348 Name : sdt2156158_ID NOS : 4987 NOS :... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dynamax
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading data from file using awk

I have a file as below. It contains two data sets separated by >. I want to pipe each data set to another program called psxy. How can I get the different records Have started doing as follows but it only passes the first data set awk 'BEGIN {RS=">"};{print $0}' p.dat cat p.dat... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issues in reading file using 'awk'

Dear all, I am using following function of some script to assign variable "JobNo" some value form file $SAMPLE"_status.log" ( generated using the red color command ) crab ntuplize_crab -status -c $SAMPLE >& $SAMPLE"_status.log" & echo $SAMPLE"_status.log" "=====" jobNo=$(awk... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
10 Replies
BIORUBY(1)						      General Commands Manual							BIORUBY(1)

NAME
br_bioflat.rb -- OBDA flat file indexer SYNOPSIS
Search: br_bioflat.rb [--search] [options...] br_bioflat.rb [--search] [--location DIR] [--dbname DBNAME] [options...] [KEYWORDS] Create index: br_bioflat.rb [--create] [--location DIR] [--dbname DBNAME] [--format genbank|embl|fasta] [options...] [--files FILES...] Update index: br_bioflat.rb [--update] [--location DIR] [--dbname DBNAME] [options...] [--files FILES...] Show namespaces: br_bioflat.rb [--show-namespaces] [--location DIR] [--dbname DBNAME] [DIR/DBNAME] br_bioflat.rb [--show-namespaces] [--format=CLASS] br_bioflat.rb [--show-namespaces] [--files file] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the br_bioflat.rb. br_bioflat.rb is an OBDA flat file indexer. OPTIONS
--search Search a database for keywords. --namespace --name Only valid with the --search option. Set the search namespace. You can set this option multiple times to specify more than one namespace. --create Create an index. --location Specify the directory. --dbname Specify the name of the database. --primary --secondary Set the primary and secondarynamespace of the index. Default primary/secondary namespaces depend on the format of the flatfiles. Only valid with the --create option. --add-secondary Add secondary namespaces to the default specification. You can use this option many times. Only valid with the --create option. --update Update an index --sort Sort an index. You can set this to a path to an external sorting program, or BUILTIN to use the builtin sort module. This option is only valid with --create (or --update) and --type flat options. --renew Re-read all flatfiles and update whole index. This option is only valid with the --update option. --show-namespaces Display the namespaces for an index file. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by David Nusinow dnusinow@debian.org for the Debian system (but may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. BIORUBY(1)