Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Format problem while converting text file to csv Post 302767957 by Scrutinizer on Thursday 7th of February 2013 08:03:16 PM
Old 02-07-2013
Try:
Code:
awk '{sub(/^  */, x); $1=$1}1' FS=': *' OFS=, file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting a text file to a csv file

I have a text file that is the output of a Netbackup report. The file it generates is just a plain text file with only white space between fields. For example: Date Policy Type Kilobytes Retention 12/5/2005 WinNT Full 18329948 6 Months I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: primowalker
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

converting text to csv format

I am trying to check each line and based on first two digits, the comma needs to be place. I checked in the earlier post where the text is converted to csv with a tab delimited. Here is the test file that needs to be changed to csv 11 051701 22 051701 330123405170105170112345... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: gthokala
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

converting config file to csv format

Hello, For 2 days now i've been searching for a solution to this. I am now beginning to doubt this is even possible. It's even harder when you don't know how to search for it. (which keywords generate enough relevancy etc..) I need to parse a config file to generate a CSV file in return. It... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: zer0dvide
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem in converting password protected excel file to csv file in unix

I need to convert a password protected excel file which will be in UNIX server to a comma separated file. For this I need to open the excel file in UNIX box but the UNIX box doesn't prompt for password instead it is opened in an encrypted manner. I could manually ftp the excel file to local... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Devivish
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sybase Interface file and converting in text format.

Does anyone knows how to decode the address in interface file using shell , i have done it using perl but can it be done in shell. master tli tcp /dev/tcp \x00021004ac1414230000000000000000 query tli tcp /dev/tcp \x00021004ac1414230000000000000000 (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dinjo_jo
0 Replies

6. Programming

awk script to convert a text file into csv format

hi...... thanks for allowing me to start a discussion i am collecting usb usage details of all users and convert it into csv files so that i can export it into some database.. the input text file is as follows:- USB History Dump by nabiy (c)2008 (1) --- Kingston DataTraveler 130 USB... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: certteam
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conversion of spaces Text file into CSV format file

Input file (each line is separaed by spaces )given below: Name Domain Contact Phone Email Location ----------------------- ------------------------------------------------ ------- -----... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: sreenath1037
18 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting CSV to ascii format

Hej All, I have a file like this which is a comma dilimited: input: 6000318,-263.011520678,-59.05869872409,587.67924868792 6000319,-265.6996842902,-50.24902479999,590.65693082607 6000320,-238.1333898366,-288.801232595,633.75332173496... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johanni
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting data for text file to csv

Gents Using the script attached (raw2csv). i use to create the file .csv.. The input file is called 201.raw. Kindly can you check if there is easy way to do it. The script works fine but takes a lot time to process Thanks for your help (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting csv to html format

Below is the code I have - How can I convert the data in the csv into 3 tables in html. instead of 1 table. Attached is the format I am getting. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: archana25
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)