Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Ps command source.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Ps command source. Post 302767401 by sabu on Wednesday 6th of February 2013 09:08:15 PM
Old 02-06-2013
Thank you for the quick response.

Is there a way to echo the command lines when executing a script? Actually I want to see the full command of the linker (ld) that the Cobol-85 compiler fires internally while compiling a Cobol-85 code. I was using ps -ef for that.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

ls command source code

Hi all, I want to know how ls was implemented in linux.; How to view the source code? filename/sitename...? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: linuxer_rh
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with source command

Ive written a script that uses the source command but i get the error: source: not found when i enter it myself manually it works fine, is there any reason I cannot use this command in a script? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonbyrne123
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to install "source" command!/ broken "login.cl"!

Hello, I am new to this forums and this is my first "asking help" message! i have 2 problems: 1- for unknown reasons the "source" command is not avalable in my system (UBUNTU). i can't either see it in my bin directory! 2- again for unknown reasons the "login.cl" file in the home... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: astrosona
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trouble with the Source command..

Hi everyone, I've been writing a script as an assignment which essentially does the exact same thing as the tree -d function (bash shell btw), except next to every directory name it gives a number which you can input into the same command in order to change the current working directory to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: petey22uk
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Source Command

Hello, I have created a script that changes directories but in order for it to work I always need to invoke a source ./script Here is a copy of my script.. if I do not invoke "source ./script" the change directory command does not work. Any ideas? // The script is pretty basic ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NelsonC
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Any command to delete files from source dir after SFTP copy

Hi, I am currently using SFTP 'put' command to copy all files to remote server and then delete the copied files from source directory. Can anyone help me with a single command to copy and remove files in one go? Thanks and Regards, Chetan Vyas (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetancrsp18
5 Replies

7. Programming

Source Command in Unix

Hi all, I am having two files, the content of first file (out.bash) is #!/bin/bash cd /home/jessy/abc echo "hihi-part1" Second file content (out2.csh)is #!/usr/bin/csh source ./out.bash echo "hihi-part2" When I run in Ubuntu, i am typing bash out2.csh, the output display is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jessy83
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk command with two source files

Hello, I have two source files: sourcefile1.dat: 12345 xxx yyy zzz 23456 qqq ttt rrr 34567 ppp jjj ggg 45678 fff ddd sss 56789 nnn mmm ccc sourcefile2.dat: 12345.gif 34567.gif I want to obtain a simple awk one linger to obtain the following: xxx yyy zzz 12345.gif qqq ttt rrr... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: palex
15 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Source command returns error when it strikes conditional statement "ifeq"

Hello All, I am running source command on my project configuration file app.cfg which has conditional statements with make file systax E.g ifeq ($(APP_CMP_DIR),trunk). When I source this file it throws error: syntax error near unexpected token... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
1 Replies
line(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   line(1)

NAME
line - Reads one line from standard input SYNOPSIS
line STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: line: XCU5.0 Refer to the standards(5) reference page for more information about industry standards and associated tags. OPTIONS
None DESCRIPTION
The line command copies one line, up to and including a newline, from standard input and writes it to standard output. Use this command within a shell command file to read from your terminal. The line command always writes at least a newline character. NOTES
The line utility has no internationalization features and is marked LEGACY in XCU Issue 5. Use the read utility instead. EXIT STATUS
Success. End-of-File. EXAMPLES
To read a line from the keyboard and append it to a file, enter: echo 'Enter comments for the log:' echo ': c' line >>log This shell procedure displays the message: Enter comments for the log: It then reads a line of text from the keyboard and adds it to the end of the file log. The echo ': c' command displays a : (colon) prompt. See the echo command for information about the c escape sequence. SEE ALSO
Commands: echo(1), ksh(1), read(1), Bourne shell sh(1b), POSIX shell sh(1p) Functions: read(2) Standards: standards(5) line(1)