Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Symbolic link
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Symbolic link Post 302767275 by MadeInGermany on Wednesday 6th of February 2013 01:53:31 PM
Old 02-06-2013
Do
Code:
ls -l /usr/bin/match

to see what you have done.
The /path/to/source/file must be absolute or relative to the /path/to/destination/.
Code:
ln -s match /usr/bin/match

would be relative to /usr/bin/ i.e. point to itself.
Code:
cd /usr/bin
ln -s ~/downloadsoftware/match match

or
Code:
ln -s ~/downloadsoftware/match /usr/bin/match

is correct, because the /path/to/source/file is absolute.
This User Gave Thanks to MadeInGermany For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

1 symbolic link to 2 different places?

I was wondering is it possible todo something like following: A) Settings:- - 2 servers on the network - both can be reached via /net/SERVER1/datadir and /net/SERVER2/datadir - i'm running rsync to syncronize the data coming to server1 from whatever application B) Wanted: on other... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bashar
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

symbolic Link

question abt symbolic link ... i'm doing the following ... ln -s x.sh ./scripts/y.sh and cat ./scripts/y.sh it is giving following error cat: cannot open y.sh Any reason u an think of ? But it is working fine when i goto scripts directory and cretae the symbolic link. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bhargav
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Symbolic Link Confusion

I have just tried to make my first shortcut aka symbolic link. I entered this command: ln -s /one/two/three/four/help/admin admindirectory to make a link called 'admindirectory' that would take me to: /one/two/three/four/help/admin It seems to have created a directory called... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sepia
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need some info about symbolic link and hard link

hello folks how y'all doin well i have some questions about symbolic link and hard link hope some one answer me i open terminal and join as root and i wrote ln -s blah blah then i wrote ls i see red file called blah blah but didn't understand what is this can some one explain and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: detective linux
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

symbolic link

Hi, i am trying to create sym links on sles 11 , but it seems i am doing something wrong. oracle@tests:/u01/app/oracle/oradata/ACIS> pwd /u01/app/oracle/oradata/ACIS oracle@tests:/u01/app/oracle/oradata/ACIS> ln -s /db/ACIS/dbase/dbf/ /u01/app/oracle/oradata/ACIS/... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Symbolic Link Help

Hello All, This may be a silly question to some but I am really stuck. Is there a way to reverse the following; sudo rm /bin/sh sudo ln -s /bin/bash /bin/sh It was part of a driver compile/installation procedure by Digi for Ubuntu stating that dash isn't supported and a symbolic link... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LAVco
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ls on a symbolic link

Hi all, Can anyone please confirm if the command below is the only way that I can get what the symbolic link is set to? mnlxd110(oracle)/db/posd2/dba$: ls -l | grep "^l" lrwxrwxrwx 1 oracle dba 28 Aug 9 2011 bdump -> diag/rdbms/posp1/posp1/trace mnlxd110(oracle)/db/posd2/dba$:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Symbolic link not allowed or link target not accessible

Hi everybody, I read about treads realted to this issue but they did not resovle issue given below. Please help me resolve issue given below I have html file under /srv/www/htdocs/actual_folder ls actual_folder/ test.html and following link works... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbielgn
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list all symbolic link?

how to list all symbolic link can i use find / path -type l (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: avtalan
1 Replies

10. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

How to list all symbolic link?

how to list all symbolic link, can i use find / path -type l (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: avtalan
2 Replies
SVN::Hooks::UpdateConfFile(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   SVN::Hooks::UpdateConfFile(3pm)

NAME
SVN::Hooks::UpdateConfFile - Maintain the repository configuration versioned. VERSION
version 1.19 SYNOPSIS
This SVN::Hooks plugin allows you to maintain the repository configuration files under version control. The repository configuration is usually kept in the directory "conf" under the directory where the repository was created. In a brand new repository you see there the files "authz", "passwd", and "svnserve.conf". It's too bad that these important files are usually kept out of any version control system. This plugin tries to solve this problem allowing you to keep these files versioned under the same repository where they are used. It's active in the "pre-commit" and the "post-commit" hooks. It's configured by the following directive. UPDATE_CONF_FILE(FROM, TO, @ARGS) This directive tells that after a successful commit the file FROM, kept under version control, must be copied to TO. FROM can be a string or a qr/Regexp/ specifying the file path relative to the repository's root (e.g. "trunk/src/version.c" or "qr:^conf/(w+).conf$:"). TO is a path relative to the "/repo/conf" directory in the server. It can be an explicit file name or a directory, in which case the basename of FROM is used as the name of the destination file. If FROM is a qr/Regexp/, TO is evaluated as a string in order to allow for the interpolation of capture buffers from the regular expression. This is useful to map the copy operation to a diferent directory structure. For example, this configuration "qr:^conf/(w+).conf$: => '$1.conf'" updates any .conf file in the repository conf directory. The optional @ARGS must be a sequence of pairs like these: validator => ARRAY or CODE A validator is a function or a command (specified by an array of strings that will be passed to the shell) that will check the contents of FROM in the pre-commit hook to see if it's valid. If there is no validator, the contents are considered valid. The function receives three arguments: A string with the contents of FROM A string with the relative path to FROM in the repository An SVN::Look object representing the commit transaction The command is called with three arguments: The path to a temporary copy of FROM The relative path to FROM in the repository The path to the root of the repository in the server generator => ARRAY or CODE A generator is a function or a command (specified by an array of strings that will be passed to the shell) that will transform the contents of FROM in the post-commit hook before copying it to TO. If there is no generator, the contents are copied as is. The function receives the same three arguments as the validator's function above. The command is called with the same three arguments as the validator's command above. actuator => ARRAY or CODE An actuator is a function or a command (specified by an array of strings that will be passed to the shell) that will be invoked after a successful commit of FROM in the post-commit hook. The function receives the same three arguments as the validator's function above. The command is called with the same three arguments as the validator's command above. rotate => NUMBER By default, after each successful commit the TO file is overwriten by the new contents of FROM. With this option, the last NUMBER versions of TO are kept on disk with numeric suffixes ranging from .0 to ".NUMBER-1". This can be useful, for instance, in case you manage to commit a wrong authz file that denies any subsequent commit. UPDATE_CONF_FILE( 'conf/authz' => 'authz', validator => ['/usr/local/bin/svnauthcheck'], generator => ['/usr/local/bin/authz-expand-includes'], actuator => ['/usr/local/bin/notify-auth-change'], rotate => 2, ); UPDATE_CONF_FILE( 'conf/svn-hooks.conf' => 'svn-hooks.conf', validator => [qw(/usr/bin/perl -c)], actuator => sub { my ($contents, $file) = @_; die "Can't use Gustavo here." if $contents =~ /gustavo/; }, rotate => 2, ); UPDATE_CONF_FILE( qr:/file( +)$:' => 'subdir/$1/file', rotate => 2, ); AUTHOR
Gustavo L. de M. Chaves <gnustavo@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by CPqD. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-24 SVN::Hooks::UpdateConfFile(3pm)