Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Error: target not supported by gdbserver. Post 302767163 by Heeka on Wednesday 6th of February 2013 10:14:49 AM
Old 02-06-2013
Error: target not supported by gdbserver.

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to connect host(i686-pc-cygwin) to the target (arm-elf) via Gdbserver but I am getting following error

checking whether vsnprintf is declared... yes
checking for socklen_t... yes
checking for Elf32_auxv_t... no
checking for Elf64_auxv_t... no
Error: target not supported by gdbserver

I gave below command in the tcsh shell
./configure --prefix=${TOOL} --target=${BLD} where TOOL=my directory and BLD=arm-elf

Thanks in advance

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The hard disk at channel 2, target 1 had a soft error.

Hi there! I received the following error message The hard disk at channel 2, target 1 had a soft error. The output of a system check reveiled the following (see entry <2,1> ): SWXCR xcr0 error counters: RAID Array 200 Controller Family Information Utility V1.03... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ivo
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 9: make: Fatal error:Command failed for target

Hi everyone first of all you should know that I've been working with solaris for a few days only. :) I need to install some programs and I have had the following troubles: 1. When I used /.configure it showed the following message: "no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH" I included... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eldiego
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Fatal error: Command failed for target `build_crypto'

Dear brothers. i tried so many times to install openssl-0.9.8g in x86 machine. i have done ./config without any error notification. when i execute the make command i am having the same error fatal error: Command failed for target `build_crypto'. i installed c compiler the verson of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sayed_021
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Improperly formatted value for 'tftp-server' error while booting the target from LAN

Hi, I wish to install solaris 10 on a target machine (t1000) by using Jumpstart. I have configured by jumpstart environment for the same. When i boot the target with the option "boot net -v install" i get the following error... {0} ok boot net -v install Boot device: /pci@7c0/pci@0/network@4... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemalsid
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

make Fatal error: Command failed for target 'exp_inter.o'

I am trying to install Expect 5.43 on my Solaris 10 x86 PC. When I run the make file I get - Command failed for target 'exp_inter.o'. I tried to find the file (find / -name exp_inter.o -print 2>/dev/null) but could not. Where can I get this file from? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pazzy
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ash shell character corrupted after gdbserver

I am trying to debug something using gdbserver, after the successful/YET REALLY SLOW debug session i see that the ash shell on the the target under debug is messed up. Probably because gdbserver tries to open the core file which is binary. How do i recover from it? Also any ideas to speed up... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonpoint
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Configure: error: invalid value of canonical target

Hi Everyone, I am trying to connect GDB-7.5.50-1 to the target but I am getting an error configure: error: invalid value of canonical target .In addition I gave the command ./configure --target=xyz --build= xyz --host=xyz. Furthemore the host and the build system are compeletly running but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Heeka
0 Replies

8. HP-UX

After adding new iscsi target port, still the session state of that target port is showing offline

Hi, I wanted to configure new iscsi port on HPUX system, i added the target port address and configured it, once done, went to array side and searched for that host iqn number , but was nt able to find the same, came to host, then when i ran "iscsiutil -pVS" command it gave me below result ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vinay Kumar D
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Command failed for target 'check-recursive' error

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this. I haven't done UNIX Admin in a long time and am trying to update the utilities on a Solaris server so that I can get Apache 2.4.25 installed. I am finding a lot of utilities that are just too far out of date and some versions are no longer supported. So... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: PJ_Namias
0 Replies
atomic_dec(3C)															    atomic_dec(3C)

NAME
atomic_dec, atomic_dec_8, atomic_dec_uchar, atomic_dec_16, atomic_dec_ushort, atomic_dec_32, atomic_dec_uint, atomic_dec_ulong, atomic_dec_64, atomic_dec_ptr, atomic_dec_8_nv, atomic_dec_uchar_nv, atomic_dec_16_nv, atomic_dec_ushort_nv, atomic_dec_32_nv, atomic_dec_uint_nv, atomic_dec_ulong_nv, atomic_dec_64_nv, atomic_dec_ptr_nv - atomic decrement operations SYNOPSIS
#include <atomic.h> void atomic_dec_8(volatile uint8_t *target); void atomic_dec_uchar(volatile uchar_t *target); void atomic_dec_16(volatile uint16_t *target); void atomic_dec_ushort(volatile ushort_t *target); void atomic_dec_32(volatile uint32_t *target); void atomic_dec_uint(volatile uint_t *target); void atomic_dec_ulong(volatile ulong_t *target); void atomic_dec_64(volatile uint64_t *target); void atomic_dec_ptr(volatile void *target); uint8_t atomic_dec_8_nv(volatile uint8_t *target); uchar_t atomic_dec_uchar_nv(volatile uchar_t *target); uint16_t atomic_dec_16_nv(volatile uint16_t *target); ushort_t atomic_dec_ushort_nv(volatile ushort_t *target); uint32_t atomic_dec_32_nv(volatile uint32_t *target); uint_t atomic_dec_uint_nv(volatile uint_t *target); ulong_t atomic_dec_ulong_nv(volatile ulong_t *target); uint64_t atomic_dec_64_nv(volatile uint64_t *target); void *atomic_dec_ptr_nv(volatile void *target); These functions enable the decrementing (by one) of the value stored in target to occur in an atomic manner. The *_nv() variants of these functions return the new value of target. No errors are defined. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Stable | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |MT-Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ atomic_add(3C), atomic_and(3C), atomic_bits(3C), atomic_cas(3C), atomic_inc(3C), atomic_or(3C), atomic_swap(3C), membar_ops(3C), attributes(5), atomic_ops(9F) The *_nv() variants are substantially more expensive on some platforms than the versions that do not return values. Do not use them unless you need to know the new value atomically (for example, when decrementing a reference count and checking whether it went to zero). 13 May 2005 atomic_dec(3C)