Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Steps to install RHEL 6.0
Operating Systems Linux Steps to install RHEL 6.0 Post 302766927 by RHCE on Wednesday 6th of February 2013 12:22:43 AM
Old 02-06-2013
Steps to install RHEL 6.0

I wanted clarity on the steps to install RHEL 6.0. The steps are as follows:-

1) Download the ISO image from the Red Hat site.
2) Burn it into DVD.
3) Download boot.iso from Red Hat (Is this step required or ISO image can install RHEL 6.0 by itself?)
4) Start installation from DVD.

Request to please confirm the steps specially with regards to whether boot.iso is really required.

Please revert with the reply to my query.

Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Installation steps (request how to install UNIX)

Hello hey ppl I wanna use Unix SCO, and I have a Unix SCO 5.05 bootable CD. Now plz can any one help me or guide me the steps of Unix installation. I want to install myself so plz If anyone experts in Unix installation & knows simple configuration... so plz mail me or reply me here , step by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohsin
2 Replies

2. Red Hat

Install Solaris 10 in Xen (RHEL 5.1)

How i can install Solaris 10x86 (08/07) in Xen ? OS RHEL 5.1 With virt-manager i can't chose media (for example /media/cdrom), because that reque URL for kickstart cfg. But Solaris have not kickstart =((( ? Please i'm realy noob and need in your help ! ? ( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jess_t03
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Install RHEL 5 in Sun platform ?

Dear Friends , Is it possible to install Redhat Linux Ent 5 (or other Linux distro) in sun solaris spark v220 ? If it is possible then plz help me to give any documentation . Thx in advance ... ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

New install, how to capture the steps?

Hi All, I am working on a new server Dell which I need to install RH version 6.1. I need to document every thing I do on this server, how do I capture screen shot as I do the install? I used to work on Sun Solaris, I can do this by connecting on COM port after that I had the console access... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

5. Red Hat

How to install RHCS on RHEL 6.1

Hi , I want to install RHCS on a remote RHEL machine. This machine is in amazon ec2, is there any way to do it without accessing the media? # cat /etc/redhat-release Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.1 (Santiago) Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sussus2326
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

How to Install JCAPS on RHEL 5.4 OS?

Hello Geeks, I would like to know the procedure and the commands which are used for this. Thanks for your time. Thanks, NaReN (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naren nandale
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

INSTALL RPM's IN RHEL 5.5

After checking the dependencies from below command:- yum deplist gcc Update:- Now when I tried to install the very first dependency , it gave the below error, I guess something is wrong with YUM server itself :P ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manish131081
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Steps to download and install UNIX in windows7 32 bit.

Can anyone tell the steps to download and install unix OS in windows 7 32 bit. I want to install unix and practice commands there. Any version is ok (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Little
4 Replies

9. Red Hat

Is it possible to install RHEL 7 on top of RHEL 6?

Hi We have RHEL 6.7 on an HP physical server and want to install RHEL 7 (not upgrade) on top of it by means of virtualization. Is it possible to install/configure RHEV/KVM virtualization on base RHEL 6.7 OS instance and then install RHEL 7 as a VM guest on it? If yes, could you please guide me... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magnus29
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

How to install devtoolset-4 on RHEL Workstation 7.2?

Good morning I`m a fresh new user of RHEL, I have some problems to install the python`s package devtoolset. Up to now I have tried with # yum install devtoolset-4 which is the way suggested in all guide I have found. But I get the message: No package devtoolset-4 available. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GiPa
4 Replies
KSC(1)								   User Commands							    KSC(1)

NAME
ksc - Linux kernel module source checker SYNOPSIS
ksc [ -d | --directory ] DIRECTORY ksc [ -k | --ko ] FILE OPTIONS
KSC accepts command-line arguments, and has both a long and short form usage. You can use either style or combine them to specify options. When the tool is run with kernel module sources it checks for all four architectures, and when run with binary kernel modules, it checks for the specific architecture for which the binary was built. Valid RHEL whitelist releases are rhel6.0, rhel6.1, rhel6.2, rhel6.3, rhel6.4 -h, --help show this help message and exit -c CONFIG, --config=CONFIG path to the local ksc.conf file. If not specified the tool tries to read from ~/ksc.conf and if that is also not found then from /etc/ksc.conf -d DIRECTORY, --directory=DIRECTORY path to the directory -i, --internal to create text files to be used internally. -k KO, --ko=KO path to the ko file. You should either use -d or -k to run the KSC tool, but not both. If both -d and -k option is used at the same time then only -d is used and the -k option is discarded. -n RELEASENAME, --name=RELEASENAME Red Hat release against which the bug is to be filed. Default value is 6.5 -p PREVIOUS, --previous=PREVIOUS path to the previous resultset file and submit it as a bug to Red Hat Bugzilla. -r RELEASE, --release=RELEASE RHEL whitelist release used for comparison -s, --submit Submits the report to the Red Hat bugzilla (https://bugzilla.redhat.com). The credentials need to be in the /etc/ksc.conf file. The tool will prompt for bugzilla password. The configuration file looks like below: [bugzilla] user=user@redhat.com partner=partner-name partnergroup=partner-group server=https://bugzilla.redhat.com/xmlrpc.cgi -v, --version Prints KSC version number ksc - Version 0.9.11 Feb 2014 KSC(1)