Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Errpt sensitivity to tape libraries Post 302766827 by jwholey on Tuesday 5th of February 2013 01:11:23 PM
Old 02-05-2013
Errpt sensitivity to tape libraries

Hello all,

Hoping someone can simply comment. I have numerous AIX servers attached to both physical and virtual tape libraries. errpt on these servers always seems to be generating error messages with respect to NICs and HBA's + other stuff. I'm being told this is normal because AIX is "sensative" to libraries. I'm not sure I accept that as an answer. Ideally, I would like a clean errpt. Right now I'm desensatized to what's in errpt.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Case sensitivity

Is there any way of stopping UNIX from being case sensitive? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Taveirne
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

errpt

Hello World, When I issue the errpt command 1581762B 0826133303 T H hdisk1 DISK OPERATION ERROR C14C511C 0826133303 T H scsi0 ADAPTER ERROR I found these two unusual errors, wat exactly do these mean ? Im on an aix box. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cubicle^dweller
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Space free on tape /delete a single file on tape

Hi, I' using a sun solaris server, I would like to known if there is the possibility to control how many space is free on a tape and how I can delete a single file on a tape. Thanks DOMENICO (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Minguccio75
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mounting DLT tape and to backup file to tape

Hi there: I'm new here Can anyone help me: I have DS15 Alpha server : Unix 5.1B Now i need to connect a DLVT VS80 1U Rackmount Tape Drive unit. What is the exact comman to mount the DLTape IV?? How do i make backuo @ copy file to the tape? Thanx to all (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ayzeayem
0 Replies

5. SCO

Tape Status shows 2 Hard errors and 5 Underruns on new tape

when I do a tape status /dev/rStp0 I get the following on a new tape and I have tried several: Status : ready beginning-of-tape soft errors : 0 hard errors: 2 underruns: 5 My BackupEdge has stopped backing up my system because it asks for a new volume yet my total system data is under 20... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: psytropic
5 Replies

6. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

errpt in AIX

The below is my code in general according to AIX books To display a detailed report of all errors logged in the past 24 hours, enter: errpt -a -s mmddhhmmyy where the mmddhhmmyy string equals the current month, day, hour, minute, and year, minus 24 hours. I have tried the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sounddappan
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is there a way to ignore CAPS or case sensitivity?

If I'm using a program that is expecting certain filenames and directories to be all CAPS, isn't there a way to ignore this in linux/cshell scripting? I.e., similiar to ignoring spaces with " (i.e., directory is directory 1, can ignore by typing "directory 1".) ?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rebazon
2 Replies

8. AIX

Ejecting tape on AIX & Some Tape commands

I am trying to use this command to eject the tape mt -f /dev/rmt/0 unload but it gives me error mt -f /dev/rmt/0 unload mt: 0511-575 unload is not a recognized subcommand. Usage: mt Subcommand Valid subcommands are: weof eof fsf bsf ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about REGEX Patterns and Case Sensitivity?

Hello All, I'm in the middle of a script and I'm doing some checks with REGEX (i.e. using the '"shopt -s nocasematch" that at least the first one should print "FALSE" but it prints "TRUE"..? For Example: #!/bin/bash MY_VAR="HELLO" ### This prints "TRUE" PATTERN_1="^*" if ] then... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
5 Replies

10. AIX

AIX errpt

Hi, just a short question: Is a error label always equal to a error identifier? So it does not matter if i search for an specific identifier (errpt -j) or a specific label (errpt -J)? Regards Ron (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: -=XrAy=-
5 Replies
asadmin-list-virtual-servers(1AS)				   User Commands				 asadmin-list-virtual-servers(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-list-virtual-servers, list-virtual-servers - gets the virtual servers SYNOPSIS
list-virtual-servers --user admin_user [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--secure|-s] [--passwordfile filename] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] [--interactive=true] Gets all the virtual server elements. This command is supported in remote mode only. OPTIONS
--user authorized domain application server administrative username. --password password to administer the domain application server. --host machine name where the domain application server is running. --port port number of the domain application server listening for administration requests. --secure if true, uses SSL/TLS to communicate with the domain application server. --passwordfile file containing the domain application server password. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. --interactive if set to true (default), only the required password options are prompted. Example 1: Using list-virtual-servers asadmin> list-virtual-servers --user admin --password adminadmin --host localhost --port 4848 Command list-virtual-servers executed successfully EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-virtual-server(1AS), asadmin-delete-virtual-server(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-list-virtual-servers(1AS)