Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Parsing cron data with awk
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parsing cron data with awk Post 302766409 by Elvirnith on Monday 4th of February 2013 04:39:48 PM
Old 02-04-2013
Ah, I didn't even consider those... yeah, that's going to make it a lot more complicated than it already is.

Do you know of any docs / examples out there which cover specifically what I'm trying to do here? I've been reading awk docs throughout the day, but I've of yet to find anything of relevance. Just a piece here or there, but nothing that's helped me form a whole so far.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parsing XML dynamic data via awk?

I am trying to use a line of output in an XML file as input in another new XML file for processing purposes via a shell script. Since I am a newbie though, I'm not sure how to do this since the data is different everytime. I am using this technique with static data right now: echo -n "Running... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: corwin43
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing the data

Hi I need to parse the following data using shell script Table ----- stage4n_abc 48 stage4o_abcd 4 adashpg_abc_HeartBeat 1 stage4l_asc 168 Can anyone gimme the solution. I want each value to get stored in an array or variable and want the value to be greped from another file.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Archana.Dheepan
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question about Awk for Data Parsing

Hi, I am doing some data parsing for some economics research. I was recently exposed to shell script and am brand new to awk. I have a large csv file (like 10G) and I would like to make it a lot smaller with awk, but it is a bit tricky for me and I haven't been able to get it yet. I would... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: EconResearch
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing data

Hi all , I have a file with billing CDR records in it. I need to parse that information (row format) . The purpose is to compare full content. The example I have given below is a single line record but it has two portions, (1) the line start with “!” and end with “1.2.1.8” and (2) second part... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaygamini
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing cron with sed

Hello I want to convert my cron list into a csv Can you please help me with sed ? eg: Convert #06,21,36,51 * * 1,2 * (. ~/.profile ; timex /some/path/script -30 -15) >> /some/path/logfile2 2>&1 * * * * * (. ~/.profile ; timex /some/path/script2) > /some/path/logfile2 To:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: drbiloukos
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing the data

Hi friends, I need to parse the following data in the given format and get the desired output. I need a function, which takes the input as a parameter and the desired output will be returned from the function. INPUT(single parameter as complete string) A;BCF;DFG;FD ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumesh.1988
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in Parsing data

I have below string Transaction_ID:SDP-DM-151204679 , Transaction_DateTime:2011-02-11 00:00:15 GMT+05:30 , Transaction_Mode:WAP , Circle_ID:4 , Circle_Name:BJ ,Zone: , CustomerID:B_31563486 , MSISDN:7870904329 , IMSI:405876122068099 , IMEI: , Sub_Profile:Pre-Paid , CPID:Nazara , CPNAME:Nazara ,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: poweroflinux
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data parsing

Hi, I do have a data file which is divided into compartments by ---------. I would like to extract (parse) some of the data and numbers either using awk or sed The file has the format: CATGC Best GO enrichment: Genes/ORF that have the motifs (genes are sorted by max(pa+pd+po)): ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with parsing data with awk , eliminating unwanted data

Experts , Below is the data: --- Physical volumes --- PV Name /dev/dsk/c1t2d0 VG Name /dev/vg00 PV Status available Allocatable yes VGDA 2 Cur LV 8 PE Size (Mbytes) 8 Total PE 4350 Free PE 2036 Allocated PE 2314 Stale PE 0 IO Timeout (Seconds) default --- Physical volumes ---... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rveri
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing XML (and insert data) then output data (bash / Solaris)

Hi folks I have a script I wrote that basically parses a bunch of config and xml files works out were to add in the new content then spits out the data into a new file. It all works - apart from the xml and config file format in the new file with XML files the original XML (that ends up in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dfinch
2 Replies
LPDOMATIC(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      LPDOMATIC(8)

NAME
lpdomatic - Foomatic filter script for LPD, LPRng, and GNUlpr SYNOPSIS
lpdomatic [OPTION]... <PPD-filename> DESCRIPTION
The lpdomatic print filter serves as an input filter for the lp family of print spoolers. The print spooler will use it if there is an entry if=/usr/sbin/lpdomatic in the appropriate printer section in /etc/printcap. You can generate such an entry using foomatic-configure. A listing of the attached printer drivers options is printed, when the option docs is passed to this filter. This can be achieved by issu- ing one of the following commands: for LPRng use echo | lpr -Z docs for other spoolers echo | lpr -J docs Options -j option (all but LPRng) Pass option to the printer driver. May also be read from the environment. -J jobtitle (LPRng only) Set the job title to jobtitle. This may be used to set a title header when printing plain text. -Z option (LPRng only) Pass option to the printer driver. SEE ALSO
printcap(5), foomatic-configure(1) FILES
/etc/printcap EXIT STATUS
lpdomatic returns 0 unless something unexpected happens. AUTHOR
Manfred Wassmann <manolo@NCC-1701.B.Shuttle.de> for the foomatic project using output from the associated binary. BUGS
None known. If you find one please report to <foomatic-devel@linuxprinting.org> Foomatic Project 2001-05-07 LPDOMATIC(8)