Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: SFTP hangs
Special Forums IP Networking SFTP hangs Post 302766375 by Corona688 on Monday 4th of February 2013 03:55:38 PM
Old 02-04-2013
sftp is not ftp. It connects to sshd, not proftpd. More information on the ssh server you're connecting to could be useful. sftp -v, which should hopefully print more info, would be good too.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

WRQ Reflection SFTP process hangs when run using windows scheduler

Hi I am doing development on .net framework on Win 2003 box. I am scheduling a job using Windows scheduler to kick off SFTP of files from a local directory to a remotre Unix box. I am using WRQ Reflection Multihost v12.0.7 standard edition for this. Here is how we are scheduling the thing.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapilash
0 Replies

2. Red Hat

ls hangs on a directory

Running Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 5.1 (Tikanga) 2.6.18-53.el5 Trying to do an 'ls' of a sub-directory and the prompt never returns. Same problem running a find command as well. I have done an fsck on the file system (no problems) and can view other sub-directories on this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wazzu62
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Explorer hangs

Hi Guys, Anyone encontered a problem where when you run your SUN explorer, it hangs at sysconfig? I am having this problem for some of my servers. rgds, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ronny_nch
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP HANGS

Hi , we are writing a shell script to test connection of our destination servers and facing an issue if the destination server doesnt respond. we are using the following command., sftp -B /dev/fd/0 <host@servername> << EOF >> file.txt quit EOF --------- The above command hangs for 20min and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohanpadamata
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp from solaris to windows 2008 hangs

Hi All,Our sftp connection from Solaris to windows 2008 hangs with following verbose output. From the output I can see that the connection itself ( key matching ) is successful , but I can't see sftp prompt.Sun_SSH_1.1.3, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0x0090704f debug1: Reading configuration data... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulkav
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

SFTP-how to log individual sftp command error while executing shell script

Hi, I have situation where i need to automate transferring 10000+ files using sftp. while read line do if ; then echo "-mput /home/student/Desktop/folder/$line/* /cygdrive/e/folder/$line/">>sftpCommand.txt fi done< files.txt sftp -b sftpCommand.txt stu@192.168.2.1 The above... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: noobrobot
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SFTP. ls and get hangs.

Hello I have a sftp problem. If I do sftp between some nodes that we installed it works fine i can list directories and get files. If I connect with sftp from the other side of a firewall (wich has port 22 open) I can log in and cd to which ever direcory i want i can do pwd but when i do... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vettec3
4 Replies

8. Red Hat

Chroot sftp users, remote sftp login shows wrong timestamp on files

Hello, I have a weird issue, I have RHEL 5.7 running with openssh5.2 where sftpgroup OS group is chroot. I see the difference difference in timestamp on files, when I login via ssh and SFTP, I see four hour difference, is something missing in my configuration. #pwd... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
8 Replies

9. Red Hat

Xrdp hangs

Hi, I'm trying to get xrdp to work. I installed xrdp 0.5.0 from EPEL and the Desktop group. Now I can connect to the server with rdesktop, but I can't do any input... there is an authentication window asking the root password "to set the network proxy used for downloading packages" and I can't... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: FrankVanDamme
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp : not able to print the echo statements after the sftp transfer

I had the below sftp script working perfectly but the problem is I am not able to send the echo statements . #!/bin/sh echo "Starting to sftp..." sftp admin@myip << END_SCRIPT cd /remotepath/ lcd /localpath/ mget myfiles*.csv bye END_SCRIPT echo "Sftp successfully." echo echo... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
11 Replies
SSH-COPY-ID(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SSH-COPY-ID(1)

NAME
ssh-copy-id - install your public key in a remote machine's authorized_keys SYNOPSIS
ssh-copy-id [-i [identity_file]] [user@]machine DESCRIPTION
ssh-copy-id is a script that uses ssh to log into a remote machine (presumably using a login password, so password authentication should be enabled, unless you've done some clever use of multiple identities) It also changes the permissions of the remote user's home, ~/.ssh, and ~/.ssh/authorized_keys to remove group writability (which would oth- erwise prevent you from logging in, if the remote sshd has StrictModes set in its configuration). If the -i option is given then the identity file (defaults to ~/.ssh/id_rsa.pub) is used, regardless of whether there are any keys in your ssh-agent. Otherwise, if this: ssh-add -L provides any output, it uses that in preference to the identity file. If the -i option is used, or the ssh-add produced no output, then it uses the contents of the identity file. Once it has one or more fin- gerprints (by whatever means) it uses ssh to append them to ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on the remote machine (creating the file, and directory, if necessary) SEE ALSO
ssh(1), ssh-agent(1), sshd(8) OpenSSH 14 November 1999 SSH-COPY-ID(1)