Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Oracle Solaris 11 on home server Post 302766333 by DukeNuke2 on Monday 4th of February 2013 02:41:23 PM
Old 02-04-2013
without a valid service contract you can't download updates... thats, of course, as far as i know!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

shutting down/restarting oracle with the solaris server restart

How can I make sure that all the database instances are shut down and brought up when the server is restarted. Krishan (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishan
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

setting Oracle Home

Hi, if i set Oracle home in the command line as export ORACLE_HOME=/usr/oracle/product/9.2.0; and then checking it by typing echo $ORACLE_HOME,its getting the correct result.But if i try setting the ORACLE_HOME from a shell script by just including the same line as above,it was... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DILEEP410
3 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Setting up Oracle RAC at home

Hello, I'm planning to set up Oracle 10g RAC at home. I was initaillay planning to get a windows desktop and install Cent OS after wiping out the existing windows OS. I have some questions with regards to this. 1) For setting up RAC, I would have to install an additional NIC besides the one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: luft
2 Replies

4. Solaris

how to change /export/home/user dir to /home /user in solaris

Hi all i am using solaris 10, i am creating user with useradd -d/home/user -m -s /bin/sh user user is created with in the following path /export/home/user (auto mount) i need the user to be created like this (/home as default home directory ) useradd -d /home/user -m -s /bin/sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalyankalyan
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Home Directory for oracle user

Hello all, I am Installing Oracle 11g on my Solaris OS. I created the below oracle user: # /usr/sbin/useradd -g oinstall -G dba oracle but when i am trying to to su - oracle it give me the below error No directory Do i have to setup a home directory for oracle user? and how can i do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: beayni33
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to change ORACLE HOME?

All, I have to change my ORACLE_HOME in the prodution environment. I have chaged it in .profile file but when I am typing the command bash-2.05$ echo $ORACLE_HOME /apps/oracle/product/10.2.0.4.2011Q1 Instead of Q1 it should show Q3 bcoz I have changed it in .profile file. But at the same... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Oracle_User
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Too much TCP retransmitted and TCP duplicate on server Oracle Solaris 10

I have problem with oracle solaris 10 running on oracle sparc T4-2 server. Os information: 5.10 Generic_150400-03 sun4v sparc sun4v Output from tcpstat.d script TCP bytes: out outRetrans in inDup inUnorder 6833763 7300 98884 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: insatiable1610
2 Replies

8. Solaris

New Oracle Home

How do I set ORACLE_HOME location? When I type echo $$ORACLE_HOME it gives me /u01/app/oracle//product/10.2.0/dbhome_1 which has been deleted. I just installed Oracle 11g and this is supposed to be a new oracle home /u01/app/oracle/product/11.2.0/dbhome_1 Any help from the community... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: newborndba
21 Replies

9. Solaris

External Network Connectivity w/Oracle VM Server for SPARC & Solaris 11

Hello all, thanks for reading my question: So I've been a Unix/Linux SysAdmin for a couple years, and I'm a bit over my head running solo, trying to set up LDoms using Oracle VM Server 3.1 for SPARC. I've been very careful, and things have gone well up until the point I try to access the new... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lyxix
9 Replies
ct_ctl_adopt(3CONTRACT)                                                                                                    ct_ctl_adopt(3CONTRACT)

NAME
ct_ctl_adopt, ct_ctl_abandon, ct_ctl_newct, ct_ctl_ack, ct_ctl_qack - common contract control functions SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -lcontract [ library... ] #include <libcontract.h> int ct_ctl_adopt(int fd); int ct_ctl_abandon(int fd); int ct_ctl_newct(int fd, uint64_t evid); int ct_ctl_ack(int fd, uint64_t evid); int ct_ctl_qack(int fd, uint64_t evid, int templatefd); These functions operate on contract control file descriptors obtained from the contract(4) file system. The ct_ctl_adopt() function adopts the contract referenced by the file descriptor fd. After a successful call to ct_ctl_adopt(), the con- tract is owned by the calling process and any events in that contract's event queue are appended to the process's bundle of the appropriate type. The ct_ctl_abandon() function abandons the contract referenced by the file descriptor fd. After a successful call to ct_ctl_abandon() the process no longer owns the contract, any events sent by that contract are automatically removed from the process's bundle, and any critical events on the contract's event queue are automatically acknowledged. Depending on its type and terms, the contract will either be orphaned or destroyed. The ct_ctl_ack() function acknowledges the critical event specified byevid. If the event corresponds to an exit negotiation, ct_ctl_ack() also indicates that the caller is prepared for the system to proceed with the referenced reconfiguration. The ct_ctl_qack() function requests a new quantum of time for the negotiation specified by the event ID evid. The ct_ctl_newct() function instructs the contract specified by the file descriptor fd that when the current exit negotiation completes, another contract with the terms provided by the template specified by templatefd should be automatically written. Upon successful completion, ct_ctl_adopt(), ct_ctl_abandon(), ct_ctl_newct(), ct_ctl_ack(), and ct_ctl_qack() return 0. Otherwise, they return a non-zero error value. The ct_ctl_adopt() function will fail if: EBUSY The contract is in the owned state. EINVAL The contract was not inherited by the caller's process contract or was created by a process in a different zone. The ct_ctl_abandon(), ct_ctl_newct(), ct_ctl_ack(), and ct_ctl_qack() functions will fail if: EBUSY The contract does not belong to the calling process. The ct_ctl_newct() and ct_ctl_qack() functions will fail if: ESRCH The event ID specified by evid does not correspond to an unacknowledged negotiation event. The ct_ctl_newct() function will fail if: EINVAL The file descriptor specified by fd was not a valid template file descriptor. The ct_ctl_ack() function will fail if: ESRCH The event ID specified by evid does not correspond to an unacknowledged critical event. The ct_ctl_qack() function will fail if: ERANGE The maximum amount of time has been requested. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ libcontract(3LIB), contract(4), attributes(5), lfcompile(5) 22 Aug 2005 ct_ctl_adopt(3CONTRACT)