Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Need Multiline sed help!!
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Need Multiline sed help!! Post 302766151 by RudiC on Monday 4th of February 2013 09:46:52 AM
Old 02-04-2013
As I'm not sure if the opening square bracket that bipinajith's proposal relys on will always be present, I've come up with:
Code:
awk  '/^\-|^\+/ {intro=1}                          # test for introductory  "-" or "+", remember it
      1                                            # always print actual line
      intro && /\{/ {print "NEW CODE"; intro=0;}   # if intro remembered, and if opening brace found, add new code, and forget intro
     ' file

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete multiline string from file using sed.

Hi, I have file which has the following content... GOOD MORNING **********WARNING********** when it kicks from the kickstart, sshd daemon should start at last. (WHEN KICKING ITSELF, NOT AFTER KICKING). /etc/rc3.d/S55sshd ( run level specification for sshd is 55, now I would want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: skmdu
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiline pattern search using sed or awk

Hi friends, Could you please help me to resolve the below issue. Input file :- <Node> <username>abc</username> <password>ABC</password> <Node> <Node> <username>xyz</username> <password>XYZ</password> <Node> <Node> <username>mnp</username> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: haiksuresh
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed multiline substitution if a condition holds

Hi. I have the following text file (more precisely a Matlab script): dummy1 = 5; varx = 'false'; dummy2 = 6; % ... some general commands % ... dummy3 = 7; vary = 'option1'; dummy4 = 8; Using sed I want to do the following action: IF varx = 'false' vary='NEW_VALUE_1'... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: plsrn
11 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed multiline pattern match

How can I write a script that takes a cisco config file and outputs every occurrence of two, or more, pattern matches through the whole config file? For example, out of a config file, i want to print out every line with interface, description and ip address through the whole file, and disregard... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: knownasthatguy
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to pattern match within a particular multiline block and take action

Hi all, This is my first post, so please go easy if I broke some rules. Not accustomed to posting in forums... :) I'm looking for help on pattern matching within a multiline block and looking to highlight blocks/block-ids that do NOT contain a particular pattern. For example an input file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tirodad
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - delete content inside tags multiline

I need that a certain part of the content below excluded ==Image Gallery== followed by <gallery> and the content until </gallery> test SED1 ==Image Gallery== <gallery> Image:car1.jpg| Car 1<sup>1</sup> Imagem: car2.jpg| Car2<sup>2</sup> </gallery> test SED2 ==Image... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dperboni
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multiline sed

Hi guys, I am fairly comfortable with using the sed command if the string to be replaced is all on a single line. I was wondering is it possible to use sed command in a multiline way ? Say for example I have the below string on 2 different lines: { "key": "brandNameA", ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[sed]: Substitute a string with a multiline value

Dear all, I try to replace a string of characters in a file (MyFile.txt) by a multiline value of the variable "Myvar": $ cat MyFile.txt DESCRIPTION '@TargetTable SCHEMA' ( @InputFlowDef ); $ The content of Myvar: $ echo "$Myvar" col1 , col2 , col3 $ (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dae
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed multiline problem

I'm trying to replicate the sed output on p.108 of Sed&Awk,by Doughery & Robbins, 2nd edition. I'm on a Windows 10 Surface Pro, running Cygwin for 64-bit versions of Windows. Input text saved in text file called data_p108.txt: Consult Section 3.1 in the Owner and Operator Guide for a... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: prooney
9 Replies
libaio(3LIB)							Interface Libraries						      libaio(3LIB)

NAME
libaio - asynchronous I/O library SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -laio [ library... ] DESCRIPTION
Functions in this library perform asynchronous I/O operations. INTERFACES
The shared object libaio.so.1 provides the public interfaces defined below. See intro(3) for additional information on shared object inter- faces. aiocancel aioread aiowait aiowrite assfail close fork sigaction The following interfaces are unique to the 32-bit version of this library: aioread64 aiowrite64 FILES
/lib/libaio.so.1 shared object /lib/64/libaio.so.1 64-bit shared object ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsl (32-bit) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | |SUNWcslx (64-bit) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pvs(1), intro(2), intro(3), aiocancel(3AIO), aioread(3AIO), aiowait(3AIO), aiowrite(3AIO), aio.h(3HEAD), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 11 Aug 2004 libaio(3LIB)