Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming C++ : is what the meaning of #include<stdio.h>? Post 302765977 by ggiwebsinfo on Monday 4th of February 2013 02:55:54 AM
Old 02-04-2013
C++ : is what the meaning of #include<stdio.h>?

Hello Guys,

I'm new in programing line & just started from C++ programs but i don't know the meaning of #include<stdio.h> file....Guys tell me what's the working of this file in C++ program?? I'm confused...

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Title changed: Please use a descriptive subject text, and not C++??

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what the meaning of #*

can some one please tell the meaning of the second statement i.e n=${m#*=} i couldnt get the meaning of the #*= 1.) m="mohit=/c/main/issue" echo $m result ----------- mohit=/c/main/issue 2.) n=${m#*=} echo $n RESULT ------- /c/main/issue (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: narang.mohit
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

meaning of !*

can someone please tell what !* means in shell syntax. Regards, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: busyboy
3 Replies

3. Programming

Atomic Read and Write with stdio

hi guys. can we use fread and fwrite with pipes to write data more than PIPE_BUF atomically since they lock FILE object until I/O operation finish? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
1 Replies

4. Programming

stdio.h vs unistd.h I/O

Hi guys. To work with physical files, sockets, pipes, ... which library is good? stdio or unistd stdio.h functions perform buffering and rationally should be better than unistd.h routines. but i am wondering why all UNIX programming books use unistd.h routines for almost all types of I/O... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: majid.merkava
7 Replies

5. Programming

FILE structure - stdio.h

Hi All, I am new to linux and Programming. Inside the file stdio.h, there is a description about FILE structure. Which has many internal data members like _p, _r, _flags etc. I have written a sample code to find out the contents of the FILE structure. It opens a sample file ( FILE *fp ),... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikunjbadjatya
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

^$$ meaning

Hi , Can anyone please let me know whta the follwoing piece of code for ScriptName=${0##*/} if pgrep -f "$ScriptName" | grep -v "^$$\$" ; then echo `date`": Sctipt $ScritName is already runnig" exit fi Thnx a lot in advance Please use code tags when posting data and code... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

meaning of <<!

Hi all, I wanna know the meaning of the last word "<<! " sudo su - user <<! please help on this !!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudharson
1 Replies

8. Programming

stdio.h not found on Solaris 11

Hi friends, I hope u r doing well. I have just installed Solaris 11, and it seems that solaris 11 doesn't come with all the packages, one has to do everything manually. I download gcc from sunfreeware.com and installed it. After setting up the path variable, I tried to compile the hello world... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
4 Replies

9. Solaris

fatal error: stdio.h: No such file or directory

Trying to compile a C program recievin this hello.c:1:19: fatal error: stdio.h: No such file or directory gcc is installed on the system. echo $PATH /usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/gcc/4.5/include/c++/4.5.2/tr1 root@Sol11swtb01:/media/NO NAME/Programming/C/Testing# cd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fingerz
2 Replies

10. Programming

Ignoring the stdio.h file in a C file

I am facing a problem in the below given code. int main() { printf("\nHello Geeks\n\n") ; return 0 ; } In the above mentioned code i left including "#include ". And if i compile and execute this piece of code, the output is printed as expected. But "#include " being the most important... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raj 89
7 Replies
SDL_keysym(3)							 SDL API Reference						     SDL_keysym(3)

NAME
SDL_keysym - Keysym structure STRUCTURE DEFINITION
typedef struct{ Uint8 scancode; SDLKey sym; SDLMod mod; Uint16 unicode; } SDL_keysym; STRUCTURE DATA
scancode Hardware specific scancode sym SDL virtual keysym mod Current key modifiers unicode Translated character DESCRIPTION
The SDL_keysym structure is used by reporting key presses and releases since it is a part of the SDL_KeyboardEvent. The scancode field should generally be left alone, it is the hardware dependent scancode returned by the keyboard. The sym field is extremely useful. It is the SDL-defined value of the key (see SDL Key Syms. This field is very useful when you are checking for certain key presses, like so: . . while(SDL_PollEvent(&event)){ switch(event.type){ case SDL_KEYDOWN: if(event.key.keysym.sym==SDLK_LEFT) move_left(); break; . . . } } . . mod stores the current state of the keyboard modifiers as explained in SDL_GetModState. The unicode is only used when UNICODE translation is enabled with SDL_EnableUNICODE. If unicode is non-zero then this a the UNICODE character corresponding to the keypress. If the high 9 bits of the character are 0, then this maps to the equivalent ASCII character: char ch; if ( (keysym.unicode & 0xFF80) == 0 ) { ch = keysym.unicode & 0x7F; } else { printf("An International Character. "); } UNICODE translation does have a slight overhead so don't enable it unless its needed. SEE ALSO
SDLKey SDL
Tue 11 Sep 2001, 23:00 SDL_keysym(3)