Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Auto input with echo
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Auto input with echo Post 302765735 by lawsongeek on Sunday 3rd of February 2013 08:48:11 AM
Old 02-03-2013
cool. thanks. worked perfectly!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

suppress echo while reading input in expect

Hi all, I tried searching for similar threads. Couldn't get any for Expect scripting. I am trying automate a task which requires login to a machine. The user would be prompted for the password. Now, I want this input to be hidden from being displayed on the screen. Is there... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sudhir_onweb
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

usage of echo with standard input

Hi, I am passing the file filename to a program and I have to use the "<" sign: program < filename Inside the program I would like to assign the string "filename" to a variable var. I can't do that with "var=$(echo $1)" because of the "<" sign. Removing the "<" sign would work for echo,... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: calandrea
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem piping input to script with echo

I am trying to have a script run without interaction from the command line. So in my script i have a line like this echo -e "\n\n\ny\ny\n" | ./script the goal being the ability to mimic 3 Enter presses and 2 'y/n' responses with 'y' followed by enter. For some reason tho, it is not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mcdef
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putting echo output as input to stat

I have a string with escape differentiators as a result of searching for a file using find. Essentially find returned to my shell variable several absolute paths each ending with the file name and each path/file separated by \n. Echo recognizes the escape sequence and is able to print the paths... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ebodee
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Echo date variable from data input to a script

Hi, I'm trying to make a script which you type the year, select the month and day and then create the date in the format 2010-12-7. #!/bin/bash dia () { echo " Seleccione el dia:" select file in 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 Salir do... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

accept input on an echo output

echo (some info) read? <&1(not working for me) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: robin_simple
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read each line from input file, assign variables, and echo to output file?

I've got a file that looks like this (spaces before first entries intentional): 12345650-000005000GL140227 ANNUAL HELC FEE EN 22345650-000005000GL140227 ANNUAL HELC FEE EN 32345650-000005000GL140227 ANNUAL HELC FEE EN I want to read through the file line by line,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scottie1954
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Auto input to fetch cluster manager details

Team, Presently i am trying to do basic checks on my my-sql cluster boxes. The command ndb_mgm checks for the cluster environment details by typing the show command, and exit to come out of the ndb_mgm command. Rather, than typing i have made a script abc.sh with the below contents in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: whizkidash
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Enhance existing script: Extract Multiple variables & Input in an echo string

Hi Experts I need your help to optimize my script to execute better as I have nearly 1M records & the script is taking close to 40 minutes to execute, so would need support on a faster alternative. Input: file {"house":"1024","zip":"2345","city":"asd","country":"zzv"}... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nk1984
2 Replies
Rose::Object::MixIn(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Rose::Object::MixIn(3pm)

NAME
Rose::Object::MixIn - A base class for mix-ins. SYNOPSIS
package MyMixInClass; use Rose::Object::MixIn(); # Use empty parentheses here our @ISA = qw(Rose::Object::MixIn); __PACKAGE__->export_tag(all => [ qw(my_cool_method my_other_method) ]); sub my_cool_method { ... } sub my_other_method { ... } ... package MyClass; # Import methods my_cool_method() and my_other_method() use MyMixInClass qw(:all); ... package MyOtherClass; # Import just my_cool_method() use MyMixInClass qw(my_cool_method); ... package YetAnotherClass; # Import just my_cool_method() as cool() use MyMixInClass { my_cool_method => 'cool' } DESCRIPTION
Rose::Object::MixIn is a base class for mix-ins. A mix-in is a class that exports methods into another class. This export process is controlled with an Exporter-like interface, but Rose::Object::MixIn does not inherit from Exporter. When you use a Rose::Object::MixIn-derived class, its import method is called at compile time. In other words, this: use Rose::Object::MixIn 'a', 'b', { c => 'd' }; is the same thing as this: BEGIN { Rose::Object::MixIn->import('a', 'b', { c => 'd' }) } To prevent the import method from being run, put empty parentheses "()" after the package name instead of a list of arguments. use Rose::Object::MixIn(); See the synopsis for an example of when this is handy: using Rose::Object::MixIn from within a subclass. Note that the empty parenthesis are important. The following is not equivalent: # This is not the same thing as the example above! use Rose::Object::MixIn; See the documentation for the import method below to learn what arguments it accepts. CLASS METHODS
import ARGS Import the methods specified by ARGS into the package from which this method was called. If the current class can already perform one of these methods, a fatal error will occur. To override an existing method, you must use the "-force" argument (see below). Valid formats for ARGS are as follows: o A method name Literal method names will be imported as-is. o A tag name Tags names are indicated with a leading colon. For example, ":all" specifies the "all" tag. A tag is a stand-in for a list of methods. See the export_tag method to learn how to create tags. o A reference to a hash Each key/value pair in this hash contains a method name and the name that it will be imported as. Use this feature to import methods under different names in order to avoid conflicts with existing methods. o "-force" The special literal argument "-force" will cause the specified methods to be imported even if the calling class can already perform one or more of those methods. o "-target_class CLASS" The special literal argument "-target-class" followed by a class name will cause the specified methods to be imported into CLASS rather than into the calling class. See the synopsis for several examples of the import method in action. (Remember, it's called implicitly when you use a Rose::Object::MixIn-derived class with anything other than an empty set of parenthesis "()" as an argument.) clear_export_tags Delete the entire list of export tags. export_tag NAME [, ARRAYREF] Get or set the list of method names associated with a tag. The tag name should not begin with a colon. If ARRAYREF is passed, then the list of methods associated with the specific tag is set. Returns a list (in list context) or a reference to an array (in scalar context) of method names. The array reference return value should be treated as read-only. If no such tag exists, and if an ARRAYREF is not passed, then a fatal error will occur. export_tags Returns a list (in list context) and a reference to an array (in scalar context) containing the complete list of export tags. The array reference return value should be treated as read-only. AUTHOR
John C. Siracusa (siracusa@gmail.com) LICENSE
Copyright (c) 2010 by John C. Siracusa. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2010-04-27 Rose::Object::MixIn(3pm)