Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Console redirect to xmanager in AIX ? Post 302765637 by filosophizer on Sunday 3rd of February 2013 02:01:23 AM
Old 02-03-2013
sorry, if i was not clear.

I meant to say, console of AIX partitions/Lpars running on VIOS/IVM

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX Console screens

How do you switch screens in AIX? I know you can use ALT-F1, ALT-F3, etc. in SCO Unix. Help!!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: falstaff100
2 Replies

2. AIX

Unable to connect to AIX server through xmanager

Hi, I have xmanager installed on my windows PC. But I am not able to connect to AIX server. It's giving the error as follows: The X11 forwarding request was rejected. Graphics mode is not coming up in AIX server. Please help as I have to install oracle patchset urgently. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dwiravi
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

console redirect of progress bar

I'm trying to write a python wrapper around wget to show the progress bar on a gui application. Wget gives you a progress bar on command line, but how would I pipe that to some "tty" that's really just a variable I read, or am I going about it all wrong? When I try to just redirect the output to a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
1 Replies

4. Solaris

console redirect on dl365

anyone have any success with redirecting the console running sol10 x86 on a hp dl365? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pupp
0 Replies

5. AIX

177 port is up but xmanager is not working in AIX 6.1

Dear Friends, Recently we have to use AIX 6.1 IBM unix server . Here the 177 port is up and also inetd service is up . But we cannot access to the server using X-manager software . server's output : bash-3.00# netstat -nat | grep 177 udp4 0 0 *.177 *.* We have another server AIX-5.3 .... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect the output to multiple files without putting on console

How to redirect the output to multiple files without putting on console I tried tee but it writes to STDOUT , which I do not want. Test.sh ------------------ #!/bin/ksh echo "Hello " tee -a file1 file2 ---------------------------- $>./Test.sh $> Expected output: -------------------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant43
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Command to redirect console to my tty?

Is there a utility built into Solaris that will allow me to see console messages from a tty? I've done a search and see that this is possible through software like ILOM, but I'm looking for a method to do this with built in utilities. For example, on AIX, I can use swcons `tty` (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: makodarear
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect the output of a cvs command to a file as well as the console.

Hi can anyone tell me how to redirect the ouput of a cvs command to a file as well as the console? i tried using cvs add <filename> | tee logFile cvs add <filename> 2>logFile 2>&1 All i could get is only on console or on file. Please help Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankitag2010
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect an output from a script to a file and display it at a console simultaneously

Hi, I'd like to redirect the STDOUT output from my script to a file and simultaneously display it at a console. I've tried this command: myscript.sh | tail -f However, it doesn't end after the script finishes running I've also tried this: myscript.sh | tee ~/results.txt But it writes... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wenclu
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect the messages from the script to console in Linux?

msg.sh #!/bin/bash if then echo "starting service" else echo " service not started" echo " Please check the start.sh file or manuly start the service" fi if i login with root credentials @12.36.34.123 with passwd username:root passwd:abc once i login into linux pc... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saku
6 Replies
AMSTATUS(8)						  System Administration Commands					       AMSTATUS(8)

NAME
amstatus - display the state of an Amanda run SYNOPSIS
amstatus [--file amdumpfile] [--summary] [--dumping] [--waitdumping] [--waittaper] [--dumpingtape] [--writingtape] [--finished] [--failed] [--estimate] [--gestimate] [--stats] [--locale-independent-date-format] [--config] config DESCRIPTION
Amstatus gives the current state of the Amanda run specified by the config configuration. If there is no active Amanda running, it summarizes the result of the last run. It may also be used to summarize the results of a previous run. See the amanda(8) man page for more details about Amanda. OPTIONS
All options may be abbreviated to the shortest non-ambiguous sub-string. If no options are given, everything is displayed. [--config] config Specify the Amanda configuration you want to display the state for. --file amdumpfile Specify an alternate file instead of the amdump or amflush file. --summary Display a summary of the state of the run. --dumping Display all partitions that are dumping. --waitdumping|wdumping Display all partitions that are waiting to be dumped. --waittaper|wtaper Display all partitions dumped that are waiting to be written to tape. --dumpingtape|dtape Display all partitions that are dumping directly to tape. --writingtape|wtape Display all partitions that are writing to tape. --finished Display all partitions that are dumped and written to tape. --failed|error Display all partitions that failed. --estimate Display all partitions whose estimate is finished. Works only during the estimate phase. --gestimate|gettingestimate Display all partitions whose estimate is not finished. Works only during the estimate phase. --stats|statistics Display statistics about active-time of taper and dumpers. --locale-independent-date-format Output the date in a locale independent format. The format is the same executing: date +'%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S %Z' EXIT CODE
The exit code of amstatus is the ORed value of: 0 = success 1 = error 4 = a dle failed 8 = Don't know the status of a dle (RESULT_MISSING in the report) 16 = tape error or no more tape SEE ALSO
amanda(8), amcheck(8), amdump(8), amrestore(8), amadmin(8) The Amanda Wiki: : http://wiki.zmanda.com/ AUTHOR
Stefan G. Weichinger <sgw@amanda.org> Amanda 3.3.1 02/21/2012 AMSTATUS(8)