Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Console redirect to xmanager in AIX ? Post 302765491 by MichaelFelt on Saturday 2nd of February 2013 01:39:59 PM
Old 02-02-2013
Not sure (I think not) if VIOS has X11 server software included. So answer would be no. Been years since I have had a console connected to "IVM".

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX Console screens

How do you switch screens in AIX? I know you can use ALT-F1, ALT-F3, etc. in SCO Unix. Help!!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: falstaff100
2 Replies

2. AIX

Unable to connect to AIX server through xmanager

Hi, I have xmanager installed on my windows PC. But I am not able to connect to AIX server. It's giving the error as follows: The X11 forwarding request was rejected. Graphics mode is not coming up in AIX server. Please help as I have to install oracle patchset urgently. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dwiravi
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

console redirect of progress bar

I'm trying to write a python wrapper around wget to show the progress bar on a gui application. Wget gives you a progress bar on command line, but how would I pipe that to some "tty" that's really just a variable I read, or am I going about it all wrong? When I try to just redirect the output to a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
1 Replies

4. Solaris

console redirect on dl365

anyone have any success with redirecting the console running sol10 x86 on a hp dl365? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pupp
0 Replies

5. AIX

177 port is up but xmanager is not working in AIX 6.1

Dear Friends, Recently we have to use AIX 6.1 IBM unix server . Here the 177 port is up and also inetd service is up . But we cannot access to the server using X-manager software . server's output : bash-3.00# netstat -nat | grep 177 udp4 0 0 *.177 *.* We have another server AIX-5.3 .... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect the output to multiple files without putting on console

How to redirect the output to multiple files without putting on console I tried tee but it writes to STDOUT , which I do not want. Test.sh ------------------ #!/bin/ksh echo "Hello " tee -a file1 file2 ---------------------------- $>./Test.sh $> Expected output: -------------------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant43
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Command to redirect console to my tty?

Is there a utility built into Solaris that will allow me to see console messages from a tty? I've done a search and see that this is possible through software like ILOM, but I'm looking for a method to do this with built in utilities. For example, on AIX, I can use swcons `tty` (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: makodarear
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect the output of a cvs command to a file as well as the console.

Hi can anyone tell me how to redirect the ouput of a cvs command to a file as well as the console? i tried using cvs add <filename> | tee logFile cvs add <filename> 2>logFile 2>&1 All i could get is only on console or on file. Please help Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankitag2010
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Redirect an output from a script to a file and display it at a console simultaneously

Hi, I'd like to redirect the STDOUT output from my script to a file and simultaneously display it at a console. I've tried this command: myscript.sh | tail -f However, it doesn't end after the script finishes running I've also tried this: myscript.sh | tee ~/results.txt But it writes... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wenclu
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect the messages from the script to console in Linux?

msg.sh #!/bin/bash if then echo "starting service" else echo " service not started" echo " Please check the start.sh file or manuly start the service" fi if i login with root credentials @12.36.34.123 with passwd username:root passwd:abc once i login into linux pc... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: saku
6 Replies
Protocol::Connection(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Protocol::Connection(3pm)

NAME
X11::Protocol::Connection - Perl module abstract base class for X11 client to server connections SYNOPSIS
# In connection object module package X11::Protocol::Connection::CarrierPigeon; use X11::Protocol::Connection; @ISA = ('X11::Protocol::Connection'); sub open { ... } sub give { ... } sub get { ... } sub fh { ... } ... # In program $connection = X11::Protocol::Connection::CarrierPigeon ->open($host, $display_number); $x = X11::Protocol->new($connection); $connection->give($data); $reply = unpack("I", $connection->get(4)); use IO::Select; $sel = IO::select->new($connection->fh); if ($sel->can_read == $connection->fh) ... DESCRIPTION
This module is an abstract base class for the various X11::Protocol::Connection::* modules that provide connections to X servers for the X11::Protocol module. It provides stubs for the following methods: open $conn = X11::Protocol::Connection::Foo->open($host, $display_num) Open a connection to the specified display (numbered from 0) on the specified $host. give $conn->give($data) Send the given data to the server. Normally, this method is used only by the protocol module itself. get $data = $conn->get($n) Read $n bytes of data from the server. Normally, this method is used only by the protocol module itself. fh $filehandle = $conn->fh Return an object suitable for use as a filehandle. This is mainly useful for doing select() and other such system calls. AUTHOR
Stephen McCamant <SMCCAM@cpan.org>. SEE ALSO
perl(1), X11::Protocol, X11::Protocol::Connection::Socket, X11::Protocol::Connection::FileHandle, X11::Protocol::Connection::INETSocket, X11::Protocol::Connection::UNIXSocket, X11::Protocol::Connection::INETFH, X11::Protocol::Connection::UNIXFH. perl v5.14.2 2003-01-27 Protocol::Connection(3pm)