Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Smallest UNIX operating system Post 302765423 by crookedmaze on Saturday 2nd of February 2013 10:24:53 AM
Old 02-02-2013
Tinycore linux is very small it's about a 12-16mb download

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Operating System

I need the Unix operating system on disc as im new to unix. Im studying unix and x windows next year at Sheffield University and would like to get a head start. Any suggestions would be appreciated (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffersno1
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix operating system

hi I am trying to install solaris 8 on intel machine(intel300 mhz,32 mg ram,3.2 hd,24x cd-rom). hardware scaning is ok. Then it ask to enter choice for interactive installation #1 for web #2. After i enter chice system reboot agian and it takes to same screne. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neer45
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between UNIX operating system and Unix Open Server

Hi, I recently joined this forum and new to UNIX. Is there any difference between UNIX operating system and UNIX open server? Please explain. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Manjit
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

UNIX Operating System

Hello Everyone, I'm new to this forum and Unix. I have a couple of questions and please, excuse my ignorance. I have a spare machine which is now running MS Windows 98 and I would like to format the disk and install the Unix operating system along with Oracle 8i and SQL Server. My... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: IronBear
13 Replies

5. News, Links, Events and Announcements

The Creation of the UNIX* Operating System

Excellent reference on the history of UNIX: Bell Labs History of UNIX* http://www.bell-labs.com/history/unix/images/86-300838-EM.jpeg (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Download unix operating system

Hello all : May anyone can help me where I can find any site for avalable downlaoding UNIX operating system ? Thanking you Best Regards Dani Romio (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dani_romio
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Operating System

Can anyone give me info on networking features of the Unix Operating System please. Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: WaveZero
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix Operating System?

Hey all, I currently use FreeBSD and linux and have decided I want to use a proper Unix distrobution. Which Unix distro would you members recommend. The only requirments that I have is that I can use some pogramming utilities available. I don't mind the install process. One more thing, I know some... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: -zorin
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

unix a 32-bit operating system?

heyfrenz i just need a proper explanation of why is unix a 32-bit operating system??....a proper answer with proper explanation.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: silverrock7
6 Replies

10. Programming

Is android an operating system of unix.

I have a query that is about android application based mobile. actually android is so popular in mobiles and its w using sell cmd also UNIX is also support shell files. So it is a operating system of UNIX. But i am not sure please help me. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrepitt77
5 Replies
Perl::OSType(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					 Perl::OSType(3pm)

NAME
Perl::OSType - Map Perl operating system names to generic types VERSION
version 1.003 SYNOPSIS
use Perl::OSType ':all'; $current_type = os_type(); $other_type = os_type('dragonfly'); # gives 'Unix' DESCRIPTION
Modules that provide OS-specific behaviors often need to know if the current operating system matches a more generic type of operating systems. For example, 'linux' is a type of 'Unix' operating system and so is 'freebsd'. This module provides a mapping between an operating system name as given by $^O and a more generic type. The initial version is based on the OS type mappings provided in Module::Build and ExtUtils::CBuilder. (Thus, Microsoft operating systems are given the type 'Windows' rather than 'Win32'.) USAGE
No functions are exported by default. The export tag ":all" will export all functions listed below. os_type() $os_type = os_type(); $os_type = os_type('MSWin32'); Returns a single, generic OS type for a given operating system name. With no arguments, returns the OS type for the current value of $^O. If the operating system is not recognized, the function will return the empty string. is_os_type() $is_windows = is_os_type('Windows'); $is_unix = is_os_type('Unix', 'dragonfly'); Given an OS type and OS name, returns true or false if the OS name is of the given type. As with "os_type", it will use the current operating system as a default if no OS name is provided. SEE ALSO
o Devel::CheckOS SUPPORT
Bugs / Feature Requests Please report any bugs or feature requests through the issue tracker at <https://github.com/dagolden/perl-ostype/issues>. You will be notified automatically of any progress on your issue. Source Code This is open source software. The code repository is available for public review and contribution under the terms of the license. <https://github.com/dagolden/perl-ostype> git clone git://github.com/dagolden/perl-ostype.git AUTHOR
David Golden <dagolden@cpan.org> CONTRIBUTORS
o Jonas B. Nielsen <jonasbn@hoarfrost.local> o Paul Green <Paul.Green@stratus.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This software is copyright (c) 2013 by David Golden. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 Perl::OSType(3pm)