Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers What is mask and effective right mask in setfacl? Post 302765207 by DGPickett on Friday 1st of February 2013 04:12:02 PM
Old 02-01-2013
The mask is the rwx- string for the 9 bits, e.g., rwxrwxrwx or rw-r-----.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Subnet mask

Hi, I have about 30 computers for users with subnet mask x.x.x.0, and 25 computers for workers with s.m. x.x.x.128. My server has a s.m. x.x.x.128 so with workers computers I can see my server and all the computers in that s.m., but I can't see the server from the users computers and I need to see... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Z0DiaC
7 Replies

2. Programming

password mask in C

Hi, Could any one help me to write a C program for password mask with ******. I mean whatever word i will type that will show on the screen as ***** and should store the correct value in a variable. Thanks in advance Krishna (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna
5 Replies

3. IP Networking

Changing the mask

What is the command to change the mask to 255.255.255.0 The system was set up incorectly and the mask needs to be corrected (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kkinnon
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

overriding the mask in setfacl

hello everbody: Im trying to give the user "ydarwish" a full access over some directory on my sol9 machine. however the setfacl is recalculating the mask parameter keeping me from keeping him effective write and read access: root@Obi-Wan> setfacl -m u:ydarwish:rwx /IN_ARCHIVE6 root@Obi-Wan>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aladdin
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

mask ID number

HP-UX 11i v2. #!/bin/sh Hi all. I have a flat file like this with lines like this: |07/19/07|08:26AM|1|CupsCoffee|CupsCo|989898989 |Doe, John Y |THE PLUS CARD - Price| | |Y| | 2.00| I would like to replace the id number (field 6) with a masked... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lyoncc
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to mask

I have a file which has huge number of rows. I have to mask only few rows at a particular position lets say 12th to 19th i have to replace with X's (XXXXXXX) I am reading the file and even checking the conditions, but I am not sure how I can replace the text my program while read... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prassu
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to Mask Data

I have an requirement. There is a file which has the below contents Unix|123|17-01-2010 .... .... .... .... and so an now each letter has a corresponding predefined mapping letter in order to mask the original data.(for example U = A, n=b, i=c, x=d, same like number 1=9,2=8,3=7. Also... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksmbabu
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to mask the password ?

Hi All, i am executing peoplesoft sqr command from unix prompt which has the unix id/password as parameter along with other parameters. i want to show whole command in log file but want to mask the id/password field. this command i am executing in shell script. Please suggest.. >sqr sqrname... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: avi.coep
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do mask off the string that match my value?

Hi, I have a file like following, aaabb aaavv bbdddaaab fgdgjhaa bfd 12352aa dgs1xaf sdgsdyg4 How can i get the output below(mask off all the line that have "a") by using vim #aaabb #aaavv #bbdddaaab #fgdgjhaa bfd #12352aa (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 793589
4 Replies

10. Red Hat

Samba create mask and dir mask on RHEL 4.8

Hi Experts, I'm using samba -3.6.1 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 4 (Nahant Update 8) ,all seems ok. The issue im facing is as follows. When ever a user creates a file via windows explorer the permissions assgined to the file are as follows -rw-rwxr--+ 1 tom group2 0 Mar 9... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maverick_here
1 Replies
LFC-SETACL(1)							 LFC User Commands						     LFC-SETACL(1)

NAME
lfc-setacl - set LFC directory/file access control lists SYNOPSIS
lfc-setacl [-d] [-m] [-s] acl_entries path... DESCRIPTION
lfc-setacl sets the Access Control List associated with a LFC directory/file. acl_entries is a comma separated list of entries. Each entry has colon separated fields: ACL type, id (uid or gid), permission. Only direc- tories can have default ACL entries. The entries look like: user::perm user:uid:perm group::perm group:gid:perm mask:perm other:perm default:user::perm default:user:uid:perm default:group::perm default:group:gid:perm default:mask:perm default:other:perm The ACL type can be abbreviated to the first letter. The first "user" entry gives the permissions granted to the owner of the file. The following "user" entries show the permissions granted to specific users, they are sorted in ascending order of uid. The first "group" entry gives the permissions granted to the group owner of the file. The following "group" entries show the permissions granted to specific groups, they are sorted in ascending order of gid. The "mask" entry is the maximum permission granted to specific users or groups. It does not affect the "owner" and "other" permissions. The "mask" entry must be present if there are specific "user" or "group" entries. "default" entries associated with a directory are inherited as access ACL by the files or sub-directories created in that directory. The umask is not used. Sub-directories also inherit the default ACL as default ACL. As soon as there is one default ACL entry, the 3 default ACL base entries (default user, default group, default other) must be present. The entry processing conforms to the Posix 1003.1e draft standard 17. The effective user ID of the process must match the owner of the file or the caller must have ADMIN privilege in the Cupv database. path specifies the LFC pathname. If path does not start with /, it is prefixed by the content of the LFC_HOME environment variable. uid can be given as the username or the corresponding numeric id. gid can be given as the groupname or the corresponding numeric id. perm can be expressed as a combination of characters rwx- or as a value between 0 and 7. OPTIONS
-d remove ACL entries. The "perm" field is ignored. -m modify existing ACL entries or add new entries. -s set the ACL entries. The complete set of ACL entries is replaced. EXAMPLES
Let's create a directory: lfc-mkdir /grid/atlas/test/file.log/d6 and add write permission for user bcouturi: lfc-setacl -m u:bcouturi:rwx,m:rwx /grid/atlas/test/file.log/d6 Let's create a directory: lfc-mkdir /grid/atlas/test/file.log/d7 and add default ACLs to it: lfc-setacl -m d:u::7,d:g::7,d:o:5 /grid/atlas/test/file.log/d7 Let's check the resulting ACLs: lfc-getacl /grid/atlas/test/file.log/d7 # file: /grid/atlas/test/file.log/d7 # owner: baud # group: c3 user::rwx group::r-x #effective:r-x other::r-x default:user::rwx default:group::rwx default:other::r-x Let's create a sub-directory and check the resulting ACLs: lfc-mkdir /grid/atlas/test/file.log/d7/d2 lfc-getacl /grid/atlas/test/file.log/d7/d2 # file: /grid/atlas/test/file.log/d7/d2 # owner: baud # group: c3 user::rwx group::rwx #effective:rwx other::r-x default:user::rwx default:group::rwx default:other::r-x Let's create a file in the same directory and check the resulting ACLs: lfc-touch /grid/atlas/test/file.log/d7/f2 lfc-getacl /grid/atlas/test/file.log/d7/f2 # file: /grid/atlas/test/file.log/d7/f2 # owner: baud # group: c3 user::rw- group::rw- #effective:rw- other::r-- EXIT STATUS
This program returns 0 if the operation was successful or >0 if the operation failed. SEE ALSO
Castor_limits(4), lfc_chmod(3), lfc_chown(3), Cupvlist(1) AUTHOR
LCG Grid Deployment Team LFC
$Date: 2003/08/26 06:21:13 $ LFC-SETACL(1)