Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Using array in script?
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using array in script? Post 302765113 by emily on Friday 1st of February 2013 02:12:17 PM
Old 02-01-2013
Using array in script?

Dear all,

I have following set of code [1] which I want to modify
In the given code, the given PATH535 only accept the single path.
I would like to modify it to make it array and should be able to pass several
of the path address together.

for example like following:
Code:
PATH535[1]=/pathA/log/A/
PATH535[2]=/pathA/log/B/
PATH535[3]=/pathA/log/C/

And the code works for all the files kept at these locations of PATH535[] array?

Please help me,
thanks in advance -emily

[1]======================
Code:

PATH535=/pathA/log/A

doCheck() {
    for FileNameIndx in "${PATH535[@]}"
      do
      if [[ ! -e "dest_path/$FileNameIndx" ]]; then
          ls -ltr "$FileNameIndx" | grep root | awk -F_ '{print $3,$0}' OFS=\t | sort -n | cut -f2- >> $File0"_0"
          #ls -ltr "$FileNameIndx" | grep root | awk '{print string path $9}' string="$CONSTANT" path="$FileNameIndx"  >> "$File0"                    
          sort -nrk5 < $File0"_0" | awk -F_ '!x[$3]++' >> $File0"_1"
          grep -in "vg" $File0"_1" | awk '{print path string $9}' string="/" path="$FileNameIndx" >> $FileName
          echo "$FileNameIndx is copied"
      else
          echo "Check the FileName in ${PATHNAME[@]}"
      fi
      echo "--------"
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix script array

Unix shell script; How do I create an array and dynamically populate it with values? How do I retrieve from the array? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: leemjesse
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please Correct this Array Script

Here is the script. I am not able to increment and Print echo "2=" ${arr} (Bold line) Can someone please help me correct it? I am thinking there is some escape sequence error. Just started learning scripts ... Thanks #!/bin/ksh set -A arr a1 a2 a3 a4 # START Server1=gmi ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: psreddy1234
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH script not looping through array

Hi All, I'm trying to get a script to loop through an array. The array is basically a list of .zip files. I'd like the script to loop through and unzip the zip files contained in the zip file list. When I run the script, it unzip the first zip file correctly, and then stops Any thoughts? Here's... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kelldan
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to export an array to perl script?

hi all...... i want to use an array ,declared in bash, in embedded perl script. is there any way to export whole array so that i can use it '$ENV{}' or something.. thanx in advance!! regards, prayush (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tprayush
1 Replies

5. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Problem with Array in Script

Below is my script. This script is getting an error code such as this one. fileListener.bat: entityArray=craig.uss@pnc.com: not found craig.uss@pnc.com fileListener.bat: entityArray=duns_noncusts.txt: not found duns_noncusts.txt fileListener.bat: entityArray=duns_misc.cpy: not found... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mkjp
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

A typical array script

Hi All, I need to store the output of "find ." to an array one by one. Output of find . in my case will look like :- . ./one ./one/a ./one/b ./one/c ./two So my first array element should be "/one" and second one "/one/a" (need to remove "." from the output as well). Then I need to... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Renjesh
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sendEmail: Script and Array

I have a script that send email using sendEmail (CentOS shell) script is: sendEmail -vvv -u "TestCompany, Inc.: USB Added" -f user@domain.com -t To@domain.com -s ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.com -m "USB Activity" -o tls=aut o username=user3@domain.com password=password So far this works fine. Now i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashif.live
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array in shell script

Hi, check=("/usr/local/bin/chk_nag | awk -F":" '{print $1}'" "/usr/local/bin/chk_kas | awk -F":" '{print $1}'" "/usr/local/bin/chk_was | awk -F":" '{print $1}'" ) for i in "${check}"; do echo $i; done when I run this. It says Syntax error: "(" unexpected Please advise. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokvpp
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help in perl script Array.

hi Team, i need a help in perl , i need to get values(10 rows +) from perl GUI and insert those values into oracle table. am trying to achive this in Perl array, can you please help me on this. thanks senthil (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senkerth
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Shell Script for Array

Hi all, I have an input file like below (a comma seperated file) 345,12,10 400,11,8 328,1,3 I need to get the output as below ... record 345 sum is 12 record 400 sum is 10 record 328 sum is 1 record 345 count is 10 record 400 count is 8 record 328 count... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
15 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)