Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: UNIX script -- case
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting UNIX script -- case Post 302764861 by SSUUser on Friday 1st of February 2013 05:25:04 AM
Old 02-01-2013
UNIX script -- case

i could like to try when i input a integer , the program would give the result i want but it doesnt .

I input 2 , and the result should be "it is greater than or equal to one"

could any ching give me improvement ? If i must use case command .
thank you much !

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

lower case to upper case string conversion in shell script

How can convert a Lower case variable value to an upper case in the kron shell script. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchalavadi
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix user ID's case-sensitive?

It has been quite a while since I used UNIX. I am developing a security system and I was wondering if UNIX and/or LINUX user ID's are case-sensitive. i.e. can user 'daveb' and 'Daveb' exist on the same system with completely different authorizations/priorities, etc.? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmilleville
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix History Question: Why are filenames/dirnames case sentsitive in Unix?

I tried looking for the answer online and came up with only a few semi-answers as to why file and directory names are case sensitive in Unix. Right off the bat, I'll say this doesn't bother me. But I run into tons of Windows and OpenVMS admins in my day job who go batty when they have to deal... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: deckard
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Clear Case views on UNIX

Friends, I was asked to work on Clear Case after setting up. For this created a dynamic view by using the command, 'cleartool mkview -tag <view name> -stgloc viewstg'. Now I am not sure how to proceed further :-( May I request you to help me out in continuing further. I have a deadline in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mmohan
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script needed to select and delete lower case and mixed case records

HELLO ALL, URGENTLY NEEDED A SCRIPT TO SELECT AND DELETE LOWER AND MIXED CASE RECORDS FROM A COLUMN IN A TABLE. FOR EXAMPLE : Table name is EMPLOYEE and the column name is CITY and the CITY column records will be: Newyork washington ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abhilash mn
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in switch case handling in UNIX

Hi, In below code, i am expecting the output has Bye Bye But i am getting has Bye Hi Code: #!/usr/bin/bash var="Hi" cat txt.txt | while read var1 do next="Bye" case $var in Hi) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Balamani
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Nested Case in UNIX script

Hi I wanted to know if we can write a nested case in UNIX script. Something like following - Case ${sDB} in Srvr1) case ${sSchema} Sch1) DBusr=Username1 DBPwd=Pwd1 ;; Sch2) DBusr=Username2 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sumeet
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to Convert Upper case to Lower case

Hi All I have a script which extracts values from a Database (A persons name) and puts it into a variable in my script IE: $NAME However the Value in the DB is all in uppercase and contains the users first name and last name EG: > echo $NAME GRAHAM BOYLE > What I need is only the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: grahambo2005
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on case to call recursively in UNIX Shell Script

Hi, I am New to Unix Shell Scripting basically, i need some help in achieving a case statement in Shell script to call recursively That is if case having like 1 2 3 4 options , if user inputs 1 and gets executed case should ask for options again but user should not input the same input value 1,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikram
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Case statement in UNIX shell script

have written the below code to check whether the string received from user is a file name or dir using case statement, but its going into default case*). #!/bin/sh #Get a string from user and check whether its a existing filename or not rm str2 rm str3 echo "enter a file \c" read fil... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohan0509
8 Replies
ETSF_IO(1)							   User Commands							ETSF_IO(1)

NAME
etsf_io - manual page for etsf_io SYNOPSIS
etsf_io [-h | -a action] [[-i file]...] [[-f flag]...] DESCRIPTION
[-o file] [arguments] Handle ETSF files, see --action option. -h --help : show this little help. -a --action value : give the action to perform. Possible action may be: * 'merge' to gather several files that have been splitted. * 'content' to get the name of specifications the file matches. * 'check' to check the validity of the file against specifications. -o --output-file file : give the path to the output ETSF file. -i --input-file file : give the path for an input file. This option can be used one or several times. -l --list : when action is check, it give the list of available flags.q -f --flag value : give a flag name (get valid names from -l option). Examples: Merge three files, etsf_io -a merge -i file1.nc -i file2.nc -i file3.nc -o output.nc Get the contents of file test.nc, etsf_io -a content test.nc Get the list of flags for validity checks, etsf_io -a check -l Checks with two flags, etsf_io -a check -f flag1 -f flag2 test.nc SEE ALSO
The full documentation for etsf_io is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and etsf_io programs are properly installed at your site, the command info etsf_io should give you access to the complete manual. etsf_io November 2011 ETSF_IO(1)