Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat RedHat Screen is shifter to right Post 302764389 by Priy on Thursday 31st of January 2013 12:17:52 PM
Old 01-31-2013
Hi,
How many RPM's you have installed ?
Try
yum groupinstall "Desktop" "Desktop Platform" "X window system"

I also had issue related to display in my Lenovo T430 with RHEL/CentOS 6.0 and 6.3

It got solved after installation of above group and kernel upgrade to ver. 2.6.32-279.19.1.el6.x86_64

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

clear screen

what is the syntax for clearing the screen in c ? when i tried "Clrscr()" the CC complier does not reconise it. please do tell me more about this. thanking you imma (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: immanuelgangte
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

reading from a screen

Hi There is a program running which displays output on the screen I have to grep a particular string from that screen how do i do this My problem is i'm running this program from a script which executes after every fifteen mins but sometimes it's happen that there is an error in the program... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyanarayang
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with screen

Hello everyone! I'm trying to figure out how to send commands from one screen to another. For example i wish to send a simple "ls -all" from screen #1 to screen #2, can it be done, and how? :confused: Thank you! (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gurth
12 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

Virtual screen accessed by Screen Sharing

Hi, I'm trying to create a virtual screen, (maybe xvfb? or any other virtual screen buffer) and be able to use Screen Sharing to connect to it. The setup is that I have a Mac Mini connected to the TV. But when my girlfriend is using Front Row, I can't use Screen Sharing at the same time from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: linge
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Screen Resolution

Hi all. I have a very peculiar problem in Solaris 10. The output of the m64config -prconf command with regards the Card Adapter is the following. Card possible resolutions: 720x400x85, 640x480x60, 640x480x72, 640x480x75 800x600x56, 800x600x60, 800x600x72, 800x600x75, 1024x768x60 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lynxman
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Screen Resolution Issue Of RedHat Linux In VMWARE

Hi , I Have Installed Red Hat Linux 5 (Guest) In VMWARE And Host Is Windows The Screen Resolution Of Linux Is Less And How To Increase Resolution , When I Am Trying To Install VMWARE Tool It's Just Showing The Below Message Installing the VMware Tools package will greatly... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anudeepkumar123
4 Replies

7. Red Hat

command line tool to disable screen lock and/or screen saver

Hi, I have a simple question : how to disable screen lock and/or sreen saver with command line with RHEL5.4 ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: albator1932
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Accidentally made a screen within a screen - how to move it up one level?

I made a screen within a screen. Is there a way to move the inner screen up one level so that it is at the same level as the first screen running from the shell? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpchick
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sort command results are different in Redhat 4 vs Redhat 5

Hi, I am having a text file with the following contents ########### File1 ########### some page1.txt text page.txt When I sort this file on Red Hat 5, then I get the following output ########### File1 ########### page1.txt page.txt some (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

O/P same as on screen

#Random Scripts 4 #Desc: clear echo "1. To see all processes currently running on the system" echo "2. To kill any given process" echo "Choose between the two" read x case $x in "1")print `ps aux`;; "2") echo "Choose a process to be killed" read y check=`ps ax | grep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: targetshell
1 Replies
yum-groups-manager(1)													     yum-groups-manager(1)

NAME
yum-groups-manager - create and edit yum's group metadata SYNOPSIS
yum-groups-manager [options] [packages] DESCRIPTION
yum-groups-manager is used to create or edit a group metadata file for a yum repository. This is often much easier than writing/editing the XML by hand. The yum-groups-manager can load an entire file of groups metadata and either create a new group or edit an existing group and then write all of the groups metadata back out. OPTIONS
-h, --help Display a help message, and then quit. --version Display a version message, and then quit. -n, --name The name to lookup/use for the group. If you specify an existing group id, then the group with that id will have it's name changed to this value. --id The id to lookup/use for the group. If you don't specify an id, but do specify a name that doesn't refer to an existing group, then an id for the group is generated based on the name. --description The description to use for the group. --mandatory Store the package names specified within the mandatory section of the specified group, the default is to use the default section. This overrides the optional argument. --optional Store the package names specified within the optional section of the specified group, the default is to use the default section. This option is overridden by the mandatory argument. --dependencies Also include the names of the direct dependencies for each package specified. --not-user-visible Make the group not visible in yum grouplist. --user-visible Make the group visible in yum grouplist (this is the default). --display-order Change the integer which controls the order groups are presented in, for example in yum grouplist. --load Load the groups metadata information from the specified file, before performing any operations. This option can be specified multi- ple times. --save Save the result to this file, you can specify the name of a file you are loading from as the data will only be saved when all the operations have been performed. This option can also be specified multiple times. --merge This is the same as loading and saving a file, however the "merge" file is loaded before any others and saved last. --print Also print the result to stdout, if saving or merging. --remove Instead of adding package, remove them. Note that the packages are removed from all sections (default, mandatory and optional). --translated-name This is another name for the group within the locale given. The syntax is lang:text. Eg. en:my-group-name-in-english --translated-description This is another description for the group within the locale given. The syntax is lang:text. Eg. en:my-group-description-in-english. YUM OPTIONS
The following options are meant to be the same as those with the same name in yum. -c CONFIG, --config=CONFIG --quiet --verbose --enablerepo --disablerepo --noplugins -C, --cache --tempcache EXAMPLES
Create a new group metadata file, with a group called yum containing all the packages that start with yum: yum-groups-manager --name YUM --save groups.xml 'yum*' After the above command, load the groups.xml data, work with the yum group, make the group not user visible, and remove the yum-skip-broken and yum-priorities packages from it: yum-groups-manager -n YUM --merge groups.xml --remove yum-skip-broken yum-priorities --not-user-visible After the above commands, add a description and a translated name to the yum group: yum-groups-manager -n YUM --merge groups.xml --description 'This is a group with most of the yum packages in it' --translated-name 'en:yum packages' FILES
yum-groups-manager uses the yum libraries for retrieving information and packages. If no configuration file is specified, the default yum configuration will be used. /etc/yum.conf /etc/yum/repos.d/ SEE ALSO
yum (8) yum.conf (5) http://yum.baseurl.org/ AUTHORS
See the Authors file included with this program. BUGS
There are a couple of options you can't set, yet. Most notably you cannot put package names into the conditional section (where they are installed with groupinstall only if another package is installed). Other than that, there are no bugs, but should you find any, you should first consult the FAQ section on http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/Faq and if unsuccessful in finding a resolution contact the mailing list: yum-devel@lists.baseurl.org. To file a bug use http://bugzilla.redhat.com for Fedora/RHEL/Centos related bugs and http://yum.baseurl.org/report for all other bugs. 23 August 2008 yum-groups-manager(1)