Sponsored Content
Contact Us Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators Bits - The Unix and Linux Forums (Experimental) Virtual Currency Post 302764177 by Neo on Thursday 31st of January 2013 05:04:31 AM
Old 01-31-2013
Hi Praveen,

For the foreseeable future, we are going to hold the number of bits constant and we are going to reclaim bits when members are inactive. We are not going to "inflate" bits so inactive members can keep them in their account.

And, based on the economic numbers, there is no reason to "inflate" the economy to account for inactive users. I can assure you, active members who do not have their bits reclaimed after inactivity (because they are active) are not advocating a change in the system or inflating bits Smilie And, as mentioned, the "economic numbers" on the banking page speak for themselves - there is no reason to create a policy of bit inflation to account for inactive users; as this decreases the "forum value" of "activity bits" for active members of the community.

We are going to keep things as they are for the foreseeable future; and we reserve the right to change the time period of inactivity to 5 months, 3 months, one month; based on what we see as system admins. Based on what we have seen over the past year, 6 months is just about the right "reclaim period" and this will remain our policy as long as it works well for the system.

Thank you for your comments.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

The UNIX and Linux Forums Twitter Channel

In case you did not know about this, and are a twitter user, here is the link to the forum twitter channel: http://twitter.com/unixlinux We currently have 406 followers...... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Experimental New UNIX / Linux Project Board (See Toolbar)

We are experimenting with a new project board to help forum members make extra cash; because we have some very talented members, why not make some extra cash working from your computer. See toolbar at bottom of page. Any ideas or comments? ... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

How to Advertise on The Unix and Linux Forums

We added a new way to advertise (to guests and non-registered users) directly on the forums: Advertise directly with The UNIX and Linux Forums https://www.unix.com/members/1-albums112-picture605.png Companies and individuals can buy display ads directly and submit their display ads... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

4. How to Post in the The UNIX and Linux Forums

How to Navigate in UNIX & Linux Forums..?

Hi , i am a new user to this forum can anyone please help me in navigation for this forum. also when i am trying to open any thread i am getting below error. Bad Request Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.] Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nkchand
1 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

VIP Membership - The UNIX and Linux Forums - Get Your UNIX.COM Email Address Here

We work hard to make The UNIX and Linux Forums one of the best UNIX and Linux knowledge sources on the net. The site is certainly one of the top UNIX and Linux Q&A sites on the web. In order to provide certain members the best quality account services, you can now get some great extra features by... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

YouTube: Forum Moderation @UNIX.com | The UNIX and Linux Forums

Forum Moderation @UNIX.com | The UNIX and Linux Forums https://youtu.be/WGwgibE4Rq0 Also note: In the video I mentioned removing legacy menu items in the ModCP which are unused. I have already "CSS'ed out" the unused menu items: ... (0 Replies)
0 Replies
ECACCESS-FILE-CHMOD(1p) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   ECACCESS-FILE-CHMOD(1p)

NAME
ecaccess-file-chmod - Change ECaccess File Mode Bits SYNOPSIS
ecaccess-file-chmod -version|-help|-manual ecaccess-file-chmod [-debug] mode ecaccess-file DESCRIPTION
Allow changing the ECaccess File Mode Bits of the given ecaccess-file according to mode, which is an octal number representing the bit pattern for the new mode bits. The ecaccess-file is in the form [domain:][/user-id/]path. Please read the "Shell commands -> File Management" section of the "ecaccess" guide for more information on the ECaccess File System. ARGUMENTS
mode Octal number representing the bit pattern for the new mode bits (e.g. 0600). ecaccess-file The name of the ECaccess File to change the File Mode Bits. OPTIONS
-version Display version number and exits. -help Print a brief help message and exits. -manual Prints the manual page and exits. -debug Display the SOAP messages exchanged. EXAMPLES
ecaccess-file-chmod 0700 ec:bin/a.out Change the File Mode Bits to Read and Write for owner and Read for everybody else on a File in the bin directory of the ECFS directory of the authenticated user. SEE ALSO
ecaccess-file-delete, ecaccess-file-get, ecaccess-file-mget, ecaccess-file-modtime, ecaccess-file-mput, ecaccess-file-rmdir, ecaccess-file- copy, ecaccess-file-dir, ecaccess-file-mdelete, ecaccess-file-mkdir, ecaccess-file-move, ecaccess-file-put, ecaccess-file-size and ecaccess. perl v5.14.2 2012-04-16 ECACCESS-FILE-CHMOD(1p)