Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to calculate the total number of weeks from a specify year? Post 302764137 by rayray2013 on Thursday 31st of January 2013 03:27:31 AM
Old 01-31-2013
calculate the total number of week from 01 Jan 2012 to current date.
Thx!

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How many weeks in a year

Hi, I search how i could do to find if a year (for example 2004, 1989, 2058) has 52 or 53 weeks... Have you a idea for me please??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Castelior
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

calculate directory size by year of file

I need to calcualte the size of a directory by the year the files in that directory were created . For example the script will sum up, by year, the number of blocks for that directory and its' subdirectories for files created / accessed in that year. I need a report that would look like... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: igidttam
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching keyword

Good afternoon! Im new at scripting and Im trying to write a script to calculate total space, total used space and total free space in filesystem names matching a keyword (in this one we will use keyword virginia). Please dont be mean or harsh, like I said Im new and trying my best. Scripting... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bigben1220
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sum total number of record and total number of record problem asking

Input file SFSQW 5192.56 HNRNPK 611.486 QEQW 1202.15 ASDR 568.627 QWET 6382.11 SFSQW 4386.3 HNRNPK 100 SFSQW 500 Desired output file SFSQW 10078.86 3 QWET 6382.11 1 QEQW 1202.15 1 HNRNPK 711.49 2 ASDR 568.63 1 The way I tried: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I calculate total number of active and non active hosts?

#!/bin/bash for digit in $(seq 1 10) do if ping -c1 -w2 192.168.1.$digit &> /dev/null then echo "192.168.1.$digit is UP" else echo "192.168.1.$digit is DOWN" fi done (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: fusetrips
3 Replies

6. AIX

How to calcuate total number of weeks?

Hi anyone can help? How to calculate total number of weeks from a specify date, for example, 01 Jan 2012. Thx! https://www.unix.com/images/misc/progress.gif (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rayray2013
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculate the total

Hi All , I have the following script as below , I tried to modify to meet the requirement , could someone help ? very thanks ================================================================================================ while read STR NAME; do Total=0 MyString="$STR" GetData () {... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
18 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Best way to increment weeks based on fiscal start year

Hi Folks - I'm looking for the best way to to increment fiscal weeks - allow me to explain. At my one client, 10/01/17 was the beginning if year fiscal year 2018. Each week, I need to manage a unique set of variable that are updated in my application - they are called substitution variables.... (31 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIMMS7400
31 Replies

9. Solaris

How to calculate total number of cores on my servers ?

Hi, I want to get total number of cores on my all non-global zones on Solaris 10. I got two methods and both are giving different results. Below link is a script, which tells me that total cores are 8 Mandalika's scratchpad: Oracle Solaris: Show Me the CPU, vCPU, Core Counts and the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ron323232
4 Replies
DATE(1) 							   User Commands							   DATE(1)

NAME
date - print or set the system date and time SYNOPSIS
date [OPTION]... [+FORMAT] date [-u|--utc|--universal] [MMDDhhmm[[CC]YY][.ss]] DESCRIPTION
Display the current time in the given FORMAT, or set the system date. -d, --date=STRING display time described by STRING, not `now' -f, --file=DATEFILE like --date once for each line of DATEFILE -ITIMESPEC, --iso-8601[=TIMESPEC] output date/time in ISO 8601 format. TIMESPEC=`date' for date only, `hours', `minutes', or `seconds' for date and time to the indi- cated precision. --iso-8601 without TIMESPEC defaults to `date'. -r, --reference=FILE display the last modification time of FILE -R, --rfc-822 output RFC-822 compliant date string -s, --set=STRING set time described by STRING -u, --utc, --universal print or set Coordinated Universal Time --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit FORMAT controls the output. The only valid option for the second form specifies Coordinated Universal Time. Interpreted sequences are: %% a literal % %a locale's abbreviated weekday name (Sun..Sat) %A locale's full weekday name, variable length (Sunday..Saturday) %b locale's abbreviated month name (Jan..Dec) %B locale's full month name, variable length (January..December) %c locale's date and time (Sat Nov 04 12:02:33 EST 1989) %C century (year divided by 100 and truncated to an integer) [00-99] %d day of month (01..31) %D date (mm/dd/yy) %e day of month, blank padded ( 1..31) %F same as %Y-%m-%d %g the 2-digit year corresponding to the %V week number %G the 4-digit year corresponding to the %V week number %h same as %b %H hour (00..23) %I hour (01..12) %j day of year (001..366) %k hour ( 0..23) %l hour ( 1..12) %m month (01..12) %M minute (00..59) %n a newline %N nanoseconds (000000000..999999999) %p locale's upper case AM or PM indicator (blank in many locales) %P locale's lower case am or pm indicator (blank in many locales) %r time, 12-hour (hh:mm:ss [AP]M) %R time, 24-hour (hh:mm) %s seconds since `00:00:00 1970-01-01 UTC' (a GNU extension) %S second (00..60); the 60 is necessary to accommodate a leap second %t a horizontal tab %T time, 24-hour (hh:mm:ss) %u day of week (1..7); 1 represents Monday %U week number of year with Sunday as first day of week (00..53) %V week number of year with Monday as first day of week (01..53) %w day of week (0..6); 0 represents Sunday %W week number of year with Monday as first day of week (00..53) %x locale's date representation (mm/dd/yy) %X locale's time representation (%H:%M:%S) %y last two digits of year (00..99) %Y year (1970...) %z RFC-822 style numeric timezone (-0500) (a nonstandard extension) %Z time zone (e.g., EDT), or nothing if no time zone is determinable By default, date pads numeric fields with zeroes. GNU date recognizes the following modifiers between `%' and a numeric directive. `-' (hyphen) do not pad the field `_' (underscore) pad the field with spaces ENVIRONMENT
TZ Specifies the timezone, unless overridden by command line parameters. If neither is specified, the setting from /etc/localtime is used. AUTHOR
Written by David MacKenzie. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-coreutils@gnu.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for date is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and date programs are properly installed at your site, the command info date should give you access to the complete manual. date (coreutils) 4.5.3 October 2002 DATE(1)