Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Output of find command to variable? Post 302763725 by Yoda on Wednesday 30th of January 2013 11:41:00 AM
Old 01-30-2013
Code:
var1=$( find /apps//log -name 'tuesday*log' -mtime +1 -exec ls -lhrt {} \; | wc -l )
if [ $var1 -eq 0 ]
then
     echo "No files found"
     exit
else
     sleep 1
fi

This User Gave Thanks to Yoda For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command output to a variable.

With cut -c 8-13 myfile, I am getting some numeric value. In my shell script I am trying to assign something like this, var=cut -c 8-13 myfile But at the time of execution I am getting -c is not found. If I dont assign, then script executes well. Can we not simply use the value from one... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: videsh77
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ls command output to variable in script

Hi, I wrote a script to get the oldest file from a directory path (which is passed as a parameter to the script) ######################################################### XMLFILE_PATH={$1} cd $XMLFILE_PATH JPM_FILENAME = `(ls -tr User* | head -1)` #echo $JPM_FILENAME ###### END... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dsrookie
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

get characters from output of a command in a variable

Hi, i have two questions, I am new to programming 1. I have an output of a command and i want to get some specific part of it in a variable. i am trying sr=`some comand xyz| grep 'Last Changed Rev:' | cut -c19-` now variable sr gets a end of line character at end. output of the command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: muaz
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with output of find command being input to basename command...

Hi, I am triying to make sure that there exists only one file with the pattern abc* in path /path/. This directory is having many huge files. If there is only one file then I have to take its complete name only to use furter in my script. I am planning to do like this: if ; then... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: new_learner
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

store the output of "find" command in a variable?

I intend to find the path/full location of a file(filename given by user thru "read filenme") using "find" or any other command and then store it's output in a variable for some other processing. But struggling to put all things together (i.e finding the fully qualified location of that file and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: punitpa
4 Replies

6. Programming

Command output into a variable

Hi, with this command: cu -l /dev/ttyACM0 -s 9600 > name.txt I put the output of the port in a txt Is posible to do the same (or similar) in a var directly, inside a C program? cu -l /dev/ttyACM0 -s 9600 > variable ? I have trying this withs pipes, but i dont know how to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: daaran
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to put output of one command into a variable

Hi, Let say I have these 3 files (state, list and myscript). I want to be able get the sample output like below when I run myscript. Any one know how to fix the code? TIA. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ > cat /home/state CA > cat /home/list CA 100 50 20 AUS 120 61 10 > cat myscript... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: joker_789us
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to save an output of a command in a variable

Hi, in shell script, i have the command swstart -p which returns an output. i want to store the output of this command into a variable. how i can do that excerpt from the script #!/usr/bin/ksh # # # # Program: swstart -p # # Description: Starts the sentinels on Slave server ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lookinginfo
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ls output into a read command as a variable

I'm working on a short BASH script on my Ubuntu box that will run powerpoint scripts with MS Powerpoint Viewer 2007 via WINE. I can run the presentation when I run it manually but what i'd like to do is have the script look for the newest file then run it. #! /bin/sh # Start the newest... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: binary-ninja
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the output of a ISQL command in a variable?

I am trying to run a query which returns a sum value(a number). I want to get it in a variable so that i can refer to that variable in different places. when i am running the following command variable=`isql -Uuser -Sserver -Ppassword 1> select sum(count(*)) from xyz..abc where clm_id... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sharma331
2 Replies
GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)                                               User Commands                                              GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)

NAME
grub-render-label - generate a .disk_label for Apple Macs. SYNOPSIS
grub-render-label [OPTION...] [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
Render Apple .disk_label. -b, --bgcolor=COLOR use COLOR for background -c, --color=COLOR use COLOR for text -f, --font=FILE use FILE as font (PF2). -i, --input=FILE read text from FILE. -o, --output=FILE set output filename. Default is STDOUT -t, --text=STRING set the label to render -v, --verbose print verbose messages. -?, --help give this help list --usage give a short usage message -V, --version print program version Mandatory or optional arguments to long options are also mandatory or optional for any corresponding short options. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-grub@gnu.org>. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for grub-render-label is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and grub-render-label programs are properly installed at your site, the command info grub-render-label should give you access to the complete manual. grub-render-label (GRUB) 2.02-2ubuntu8.3 July 2018 GRUB-RENDER-LABEL(1)