Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Want to do this: cp *1.dbf *2.dbf Post 302763651 by MartMX on Wednesday 30th of January 2013 09:24:47 AM
Old 01-30-2013
That works! No problem to use bash. Thanks for the help.
MM

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ascii to dbf HELP!

Hi, Does anyone know of an ascii to dbf converter for sco unix? Or any flavor of unix for that matter. Thanks! Georgio (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gseyforth
1 Replies

2. Solaris

oracle datafile *dbf

Hi ,,,, I have move an oracle db from old server to a new server ( solaris 5.9 is the operating system ) my problem is that to new server the datafile ( *.dbf ) are in a different path ..... example old : /export/home/data/blobs ........... new /oracle/data/blobs....... how i can... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tt155
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to read dbf file in shell script and to convert dbf file usinf shell script

Hi all, I am new to shell scripting. I have dbf file and I need to convert it into csv file. OR, can i read the fields from a .dbf file and OR seprate the records in dbf file and put into .csv or txt. Actually in the .dbf files I am getting , the numbers of fields may vary in very record and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gauara
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

spilit the list of files in set ls -1 *.dbf

Dear All, Please help in this subject.. my requirement is list the files in directory and out of that list make the different set and each should set contains 10 files and assign to variable and start zipping in background. pick the second set files and same to be repeat the commands parallel. i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmadhuhb
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ArcGIS shapefile *.dbf file to ascii text

Okay, I search around and couldn't find what I needed, so here goes: I have a series of ArcGIS point shapefiles. If I open them in Excel I can save as an Excel or text file and get a 2 column list: POINTID | GRID_CODE 1 | 2.34234 2 | 4.3425 3 | 6.32456 etc... The problem is that I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jbrandt1979
3 Replies
DBF_DUMP(1p)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					      DBF_DUMP(1p)

NAME
dbf_dump - Dump the record of the dbf file FORMAT
dbf_dump [options] files where options are --rs output record separator (default newline) --fs output field separator (default colon) --fields comma separated list of fields to print (default all) --undef string to print for NULL values (default empty) --memofile specifies unstandard name of attached memo file --memosep separator for dBase III dbt's (default x1ax1a) --nomemo do not try to read the memo (dbt/fpt) file --info print info about the file and fields with additional --SQL parameter, outputs the SQL create table --version print version of the XBase library --table output in nice table format (only available when Data::ShowTable is installed, overrides rs and fs) SYNOPSIS
dbf_dump -fields id,msg table.dbf dbf_dump -fs=' : ' table dbf_dump --nomemo file.dbf ssh user@host 'cat file.dbf.gz' | gunzip - | dbf_dump - DESCRIPTION
Dbf_dump prints to standard output the content of dbf files listed. By default, it prints all fields, separated by colons, one record on a line. The output record and column separators can be changed by switches on the command line. You can also ask only for some fields to be printed. The content of associated memo files (dbf, fpt) is printed for memo fields, unless you use the "--nomemo" option. You can specify reading the standard input by putting dash (-) instead of file name. AVAILABLE FROM
http://www.adelton.com/perl/DBD-XBase/ AUTHOR
(c) 1998--2011 Jan Pazdziora. SEE ALSO
perl(1); XBase(3pm); index_dump(1p) perl v5.12.4 2011-08-31 DBF_DUMP(1p)